Reigning European champions Liverpool won the Champions League title for the first time in 14 years earlier this year and they were the most represented team in the top ten.
Four Liverpool players made the top ten players for the 2019 Ballon d’Or Award after their respective contributions to lead the Reds to Champions League triumph last season.
Premier League champions Manchester City are the other team with more than one representative in the 2019 Ballon d’Or Award top ten.
- Euro 2020: How Harry Kane, Ronaldo Top Goalscorers Chart
- Man United Receive Huge Transfer Boost In Pursuit Of Redhot Striker
- Liverpool Star Says No To €180m Real Madrid Transfer
Manchester City duo of Bernardo Silva and Riyad Mahrez made the list of the top ten players.
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi was crowned the Ballon d’Or Award winner for this year ahead of the likes of Virgil Van Dijk, Cristiano Ronaldo and Sadio Mane.
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina)
2. Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool and Netherlands)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal)
4. Sadio Mane (Liverpool and Senegal)
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt)
6. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint Germain PSG and France)
7. Alisson Becker (Liverpool and Brazil)
8. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich and Poland)
9. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City and Portugal)
10. Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City and Algeria).