Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool players showed ruthless form this season especially in the Premier League where they won all but two league games before the Coronavirus forced the suspension of matches at the end of week 29. Liverpool have not won the league for three decades until this season and it looks like that drought will end in this campaign as long as the league resumes.
Liverpool need just two wins from the last nine games to wrap up the title. Despite their dominance, the club still wants to strengthen their squad with the Klopp project interesting players both in and out of the Premier League.
The Reds have been eyeing some players ahead of the 2020/21 season and we will take a look at the top five targets from the list of players under their radar.
- 2 Defensive Targets Jurgen Klopp Must Sign For Liverpool Revealed
- Again! Jurgen Klopp Signs Another Deal
- Time Up For Lacazette At Arsenal? Yes Or No
1. Timo Werner – Left for German international Timo Werner, he would be a Liverpool player by now as the RB Leipzig forward has been impressed with the Jurgen Klopp project at the club as per the various media outlets in the United Kingdom. Timo Werner is a key player for his German Bundesliga outfit but it would be difficult for the club to hang on to his services after this campaign.
2. Jadon Sancho – The Borussia Dortmund player is a wanted man amongst the big Premier League teams. Apart from Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea are also on his trail though the Red Devils are ahead of the other two teams as per media reports.
3. Jamaal Lewis – The Norwich City left-back has been one of the bright spots for the Canaries who are at the bottom of the Premier League table and are facing relegation at the end of this season. He is a target for Liverpool who need a deputy for first choice left-back Andy Robertson.
4. Kai Havertz – The Bayer Leverkusen playmaker is a target for Liverpool this summer though his price tag believed to be around €100m could be a big issue.
5. Declan Rice – The West Ham United is a long-term target for the Reds. He has also been linked with rivals Manchester United.