For a lot of football fans, the transfer market period is the most interesting period of the calendar year. There are primarily two transfer markets in a year namely the summer transfer market and the winter market.
The summer transfer market is the busiest of the two aforementioned markets, and it is usually an interesting period for football fans who wait with bated breath for new signings. The 2020 summer transfer market won’t be any different though it will definitely feel the effect of the dreaded Coronavirus financially.
Coronavirus has stopped football in its track for the past two months but that has not stopped transfer reports involving several of the best players in the world. Here are five most in-demand players ahead of the transfer market this summer:
1. Jadon Sancho – The Borussia Dortmund star is a man in demand especially amongst the Premier League clubs. The favourite for his signature is Manchester United but Liverpool and Chelsea are not far behind.
- Ex-Manchester United Midfielder Marouane Fellaini Is Hospitalised In China After Catching Coronavirus
- Time Up For Lacazette At Arsenal? Yes Or No
- Coronavirus: Man United Star Offers Help To Young Goalkeeper
2. Kylian Mbappe – The French international is widely regarded as the best young player in world football. His club, Paris Saint Germain (PSG), wants to offer him a new lucrative deal to ward off the serious interest of Spanish giants Real Madrid.
3. Timo Werner – RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner has been in sensational form for his German club this season and he has set his sights on a summer move to Liverpool though other big teams like Bayern Munich and Chelsea.
4. Lautaro Martinez – The Inter Milan striker has a release clause of €110m in his contract with the San Siro outfit amidst the interest from Spanish champions Barcelona. The Argentine international is seen as a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez who’s in the twilight of his career.
5. Neymar – Spanish La Liga side Barcelona want Neymar to return to the club this summer and whether they will be able to pull it off is a different question.