Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana is closing in on an exit from the club this summer with the outgoing European champions not expected to offer the England international a new deal.
His contract at Liverpool will expire this summer thus bringing an end to his five-year stay at Anfield. His time at Liverpool has been successful but he has been greatly limited due to his several injury problems.
Despite his injury problems at Liverpool over the past few years, Adam Lallana is still a quality player as witnessed in bits and pieces over the course of the present season suspended because of the viral disease known as Coronavirus.
The £25m signing from fellow Premier League club Southampton in 2015 was part of the Reds squad that ended the club’s lengthy trophy drought with the Champions League triumph last season. Liverpool had gone seven years without a single trophy until last season when Lallana and Liverpool beat fellow Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 in the Champions League final.
- Man United Leading Chase For £100m Winger
- Arsenal Star Signs 3-Year Deal With New Club
- EPL: Arsenal may have found the next Hector Bellerin
His greatest contribution at Liverpool this season was when he came off the bench to score the late equaliser for his team in a 1-1 draw at Manchester United in October 2019. Lallana was able to preserve the Reds’ unbeaten run until the start of last month when a 3-0 loss at Watford ended that run.
Adam Lallana would be a sought after free agent this summer when he leaves Liverpool and several English clubs like Leicester City, Arsenal and Southampton have been linked with a move for him. Here are the top three clubs for the English playmaker:
1. Leicester City – Adam Lallana could be the direct replacement for James Maddison at Leicester City. Maddison is a big target for Manchester United.
2. Southampton – A sensational return to former club Southampton could be on the cards this summer. The ex-Saints skipper left the club in a controversial manner for Liverpool in 2015
3. Arsenal – The Gunners are also in the running to sign him as a free agent.