Arsenal have not had the best of seasons in this campaign but some players have shown remarkable progress at the club over the course of the season.
The Gunners were unable to challenge for the Premier League title this season and a place in the top four has been elusive for them this season though it is still possible with 14 games left to play in the league this season.
Arsenal started the weekend in 10th place and 10 points adrift of Chelsea who are in the final Champions League spot.
Only the fourth place is up for grabs as far as Champions League football qualification for next season is concerned with the top three teams Liverpool, Manchester City and Leicester City almost through to the competition next season mathematically.
- Chelsea Suffer Triple Injury Blow Ahead Of Newcastle United Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Done! Manchester United Have Made A Breakthrough To Sign Bruno Fernandes(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Star Player
The Gunners have improved a great deal under Mikel Arteta and only time will tell if they’ll be able to secure that final Champions League spot ahead of Chelsea and other contenders like Manchester United, Sheffield United, Tottenham Hotspur and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Examining the top three most improved players at Arsenal:
1. Calum Chambers – The England international was one of the best players at Arsenal before his knee injury in December. Calum Chambers was in fantastic form until the end of December when he suffered a serious knee injury during the home game against Chelsea in the league. That knee injury will keep him out of action until next season.
2. Bukayo Saka – The young Nigerian-born English winger is one of the most improved players at Arsenal and he has shown his versatility at left-back in recent weeks. Saka has the most assists amongst all the Arsenal players this season.
3. Gabriel Martinelli – He has been in sensational form for Arsenal this season and the Brazilian player has netted 10 goals in all competitions thus making him the second highest goalscorer behind Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who has 16 goals.