As fans and pundits eagerly await the highly-anticipated clash, Thewistle’s Ibukun Italoye takes a look at top three talking points ahead of the encounter.
1. José Mourinho’s Returns To Old Trafford For The First Time After His Dismissal
The Portuguese manager was dismissed by the Old Trafford outfits last year due to poor run of form, and he had to wait for 11 months and few days before returning to the dugout as he was hired by Tottenham last month.
He will lead his men to Old Trafford for the first time since his dismissal and all eyes will be on him to see how the highly controversial manager will behave in front of his former fans.
- Christian Eriksen Could Still Leave Despite Mourinho Appointment
- Man United Eyeing £55m January Swoop For Redhot Champions League Striker
- EPL: Chelsea Confirm Starting Lineup vs Aston Villa Revealed
2. Solskjaer’s Reaction To recent Winless Run
Manchester United have played three games without a victory in all competitions since the last international break. Solskjaer’s men played a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa last weekend, and the fans are more than ready to see if the Norwegian tactician can turn things around against one of the best managers in the world.
3. Can Tottenham Maintain Current Form?
The Lilywhites are yet to drop a single point under Mourinho after three matches in all competitions. It remains unknown if they can maintain their wining streak against the Red Devils later tomorrow.
The outcome of the clash will play a huge role in the race for top-four finish because both clubs are actively involved in the competition for a place in next season’s Champions League competition.