Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo is almost helpless as his Manchester United dream is set to come to an end after some months. The former Super Eagles star is on the verge of returning to parent club Shanghai Shenshua in the Chinese Super League as his loan deal at the Theatre of Dreams ends in a matter of days.
Ighalo wants to stay on at the Premier League club but the two teams have not been able to reach a conclusion to this effect. Manchester United want the striker to complete the current season with no obligation to sign him permanently, while Shanghai Shenshua are adamant that the Red Devils will have to sign the player if they want to retain his services beyond the May 30 expiration date for his loan transfer to Manchester United as agreed between the two clubs when Ighalo became a Red Devil at the end of January.
- EPL: 3 Reasons Why Chelsea Have Struggled This Season
- Transfer Ratings: Alexis Sanchez To AS Roma
- Why Thomas Partey Will Be A Good Signing For Arsenal
Odion Ighalo has been able to fulfil a lifelong dream of playing for Manchester United at the age of 30 and he has also done well more than expected with a return of four goals in just three starts. Age is however not on his side which is the main reason behind Manchester United’s reluctance to sign him on a permanent deal. The target for Manchester United is to sign a younger striker this summer leading us to possible striker targets to replace Odion Ighalo at the club:
1. Timo Werner – He has scored goals for fun in the German Bundesliga this season including a hattrick during the 5-0 thrashing of hosts Mainz 05 at the weekend. The RB Leipzig star now has 24 league goals.
2. Moussa Dembele – The Frenchman has been the subject of a €70m bid from Manchester United according to earlier reports. The Lyon striker is also a target for rivals Chelsea.
3. Harry Kane – The Spurs player would be the first choice on the list of potential replacements for Odion Ighalo if he’s made available for a transfer.
EPL: Dayot Upamecano opens up on Manchester United speculation
This might not be good news for English Premier League club Manchester United as they have been told that they are not alone in the race for Dayot Upamecano and it is made clear that there are yet to be a concrete offer for his signature.
The player himself made this known when he admitted he has been in great demand but noted that he does not know what the future holds for him as he has just signed a new contract with his club because he wants to be with his teammates.
- EPL: This Arsenal player could be heading to Germany
- EPL: Liverpool Transfer Plan For Potential Summer Signing Revealed
- EPL: Manchester United And Rivals Chase Shock Move For Brighton Defender
The RB Leipzig was also on Arsenal radar but with the capture of Gabriel Magalhaes, the Red Devils will now enjoy a free run for his signature in January.
It is understood that manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a big fan of the 21-year-old as he was attracted by his impressive performances on RB Leipzig’s run to the Champions League semi-finals.
However, reports claim that the Red Devils board is not too convinced about the readiness of Dayot Upamecano for a first-team football in the English Premier League and that has to be sorted out before an official bid is submitted to his club in January.
Transfer: How Cristiano Ronaldo is still helping United
Juventus star, Cristiano Ronaldo might have parted ways with his former club, Manchester United but that does not mean he has not been having one influence or the other on the club.
This was made known by former defender Patrice Evra who claims that the Portuguese star played a major role in bringing Bruno Fernandes to Manchester United in the last winter transfer window.
He revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo was the one who gave the go-ahead to the club to move in for Bruno Fernandes as they did not know anything about the player before his capture.
- United to have goalkeeping crisis after this player’s decision
- EPL: Pep Guardiola backs Arsenal’s move for target
- Arsenal to upset Liverpool as they enter shock deal for midfielder
Patrice Evra stated that Bruno Fernandes is now making a massive impact at the club by ensuring more wins and helping to bring out the best in Paul Pogba.
Bruno Fernandes has even boasted that the best is yet to be seen of him as he has been training very hard to help his team the more in the coming season.
However, Cristiano Ronaldo remains a living legend of Manchester United as he made a very big impact at the Old Trafford, including winning of the Champions League, the Premier League as well as winning the World Best Footballer award as a Red Devils player under manager Alex Ferguson.
Manchester United are £2m close to sealing 19-year-old sensation
The search by English Premier League club Manchester United continues for players that will turn their season around but they are only close to sealing one.
Manchester United are keen on a new defender that will partner Harry Maguire and have been linked with French Ligue 1 outfit Monaco star, Benoit Badiashile with their first bid rejected.
According to AS, the Red Devils had submitted an offer of £25 million for the signature of Benoit Badiashile but Monaco rejected it because it was £2 million short of his release clause.
- Is Timo Werner Really Worth His €60m Price Tag?
- james rodriguez On His Way To Old Trafford As Makeshift For Paul Pogba
- Arsenal Legend Tipped For Premier League Job By Former Teammate
This means the Red Devils can complete the signing of the central defender if they return with an additional £2 million bid as that is the only way they can land him in January transfer window.
The Spanish outlet also adds that Monaco are not interested in parting ways with Benoit Badiashile because they still have a big need of him but they will be left with no choice if his release clause is tabled.
One area manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will focus on in January is the defensive department after seeing his team concede 36 goals last season.
However, we expect to see more signings from the Red Devils in January.