Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey is firmly on the radar of Premier League heavyweight Arsenal ahead of the upcoming transfer market this summer. As a matter of fact, the Ghanaian international star has been under the watchful eyes of Arsenal and their scouts for some time.
Arsenal were said to be interested in Partey last summer and even had an informal discussion over a possible transfer but they were put off by his transfer fee. The interest has increased rapidly over the past months especially after his series of consistent cum impressive performances for his club this season.
Thomas Partey has remained a top target for Arsenal even with the appointment of a new manager in Mikel Arteta last year December. In the past few days, both Partey and Arsenal have been in the news about linking up this summer.
The player’s father was quoted via a local radio station in Ghana that the Atletico Madrid star has been in talks with Arsenal only for his representatives to deny that Thomas Partey has been in contact with the Gunners in what would be a big blow to Arsenal fans who are already rejoicing that they could see the player in their red and white colours as from next season.
- How Mourinho Turned Down Three To Four Offers Revealed
- Man Utd Have Made Contact To Sign €75m-rated Player
- Coronavirus: Odion Ighalo Pleads For Perspective In Message To Fans
Apart from the latest situation as mentioned above, Arsenal fans have to be worried about the club’s finances and the ability to be able to raise the £44m release clause in Thomas Partey’s Atletico Madrid contract amidst the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Arsenal fans are excited about Thomas Partey and they have every right to be via the following reasons:
1. Defensive Solidity – Thomas Partey will definitely add defensive solidity to an often porous Arsenal defence line. It must be pointed out that Arsenal have improved defensively since Arteta became their manager in December 2019.
2. Quality – Thomas Partey is a better midfield option compared to the ones currently at Arsenal. In addition, some Arsenal midfielders like Lucas Torreira, Dani Ceballos and Granit Xhaka still have their long-term future at the club unresolved.
3. Goal Threat – Xhaka and Torreira have played the majority of the games under Arteta and both players contributed little in goals and assists. Thomas Partey represents a better goal threat than the two regular midfield maestros at the centre of Arsenal’s midfield.