Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has targeted the forward positions ahead of the transfer market this summer. Lampard and Chelsea have been overreliant on first choice striker Tammy Abraham since the start of the current campaign and the Blues boss is keen to rectify this situation ahead of the new season expected to start later this year.
Tammy Abraham has been the regular source of goals at Chelsea this season, while other forwards have failed in this regard. The Blues suffered a major dip in form when their only consistent goalscorer Tammy Abraham struggled with injury around the winter time.
- Chelsea Preparing Paperwork For 24-year-old Striker
- EPL: Frank Lampard To Offload These Eight Players This Summer
- EPL: Four Centre-backs Chelsea Could Target For Next Season
Lampard and Chelsea have already made a move to add more goals to their attack in the form of Hakim Ziyech who would join the club from Dutch champions Ajax Amsterdam and the Blues boss is still looking to bolster that department of his team. Here are the top three forward targets for Lampard and Chelsea:
1. Moussa Dembele – The former Fulham and Celtic player has been a consistent goal getter for Lyon in the French Ligue 1 this season. He scored 16 goals in the league before the present league season was ended in France due to the dreaded Coronavirus. Moussa Dembele was a major transfer target for Chelsea during the January transfer window and the club still retains an interest in him. Lyon might sell some of their stars this summer as they try to recover from the lack of European football for the first time in over two decades.
2. Dries Mertens – The Napoli attacker will be a free agent this summer and Chelsea are one of the clubs in the mix to sign him on a free transfer. The Belgian international came close to joining Chelsea in January but they were not able to pull off a deal for him.
3. Timo Werner – Liverpool are the favourites to sign the RB Leipzig attacker this summer but Chelsea and Bayern Munich are not far behind.