Manchester United star Jesse Lingard has seen his playing minutes decrease at the club this season after the England international failed to repay the fate shown in him by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
His best form under Solskjaer came in the opening weeks of the Norwegian manager’s reign at Old Trafford which started in December. Since then, the Manchester United Academy graduate has passed up chance after chance to show that he merits a regular spot in the starting XI.
Jesse Lingard played majorly as the attacker behind the central striker under Solskjaer this season and had to contend with Andreas Pereira for that spot until the signing of Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon.
Manchester United paid £47m for the aforementioned Bruno Fernandes and it could rise to £68m based on add-ons and bonuses. The Portuguese international has made the role of the attacker behind the sole striker his own since his signing in the January winter transfer window.
- Arsenal Have Been Offered The Chance To Sign Liverpool Target For £30m
- Man Utd Beating Derby In FA Cup Clash Shows Signing Solskjaer Must Make
- Man Utd In Contact With Few Managers To Replace Solskjaer
Lingard has not only lost his place in the Manchester United starting XI though his future at the Theatre of Dreams is also up in the air after leaving manager Solskjaer frustrated with his lack of productivity in recent weeks and months.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been heavily criticised for his lack of emotions on the sidelines and it was a big surprise for many fans when he lashed out at Lingard for losing possession on several occasions during the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg clash with Manchester City.
Jesse Lingard won’t be short of suitors if Manchester United decide to sell him in the summer especially after he changed his agent to the renowned Mino Raiola. Here are the top three clubs for him:
1. AC Milan – The seven-time champions are the favourites to sign Jesse Lingard this summer due to his affiliation with Jesse Lingard.
2. Leicester City – The former Premier League champions have also been linked with the England international.
3. Lyon – The French giants are one of the clubs interested in him.