A lot of Arsenal fans are anxious about the future of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at the club as the Gabonese international attacker will enter into the final 12 months of his Gunners contract this summer.
Arsenal will have to make a decision on the player this summer especially if he does not renew his contract at the club. The Gunners will have to sell him with one year left on his deal or let him run his contract down.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has previously stated that his focus is on Arsenal despite the numerous transfer rumours linking the Gunners skipper with a move away from the club. Manchester United, Paris Saint Germain (PSG) and Barcelona have all been mentioned as his next destination if he leaves Arsenal this summer.
The latest reports claimed that the player is holding out for a weekly salary of £300,000 and that senior club officials are not ready to meet that financial demand from the Gabonese international player.
- Where Will Timo Werner End Up Next Season? Liverpool Or Chelsea?
- EPL: De Gea ‘May Be Sacrificed In Summer’ For This Reason
- Manchester United Hall Of Fame: Ryan Giggs
Here are four potentials replacements for Aubameyang if he leaves Arsenal this summer:
1. Jonathan David – Gent striker Jonathan David has been in very good form for Belgian top flight side Gent this season and he has scored 18 goals in 26 games for the club. The Canadian international joined the Belgians from Ottawa internationals in his native country. He has an impressive 11 goals in 12 appearances for his country. Jonathan David has been watched by Arsenal scouts and he could be available for just £17.5m which would be affordable for the Gunners. The biggest risk could be the playing making the big step up from the Belgian league to the Premier League.
2. Wilfred Zaha – The Crystal Palace winger is also a possible replacement for Aubameyang since the Gabonese international spends most of his playing time for Arsenal on the wings, but Zaha doesn’t have his cutting edge in front of goal. Zaha has three goals and three assists in the league this season in comparison to Aubameyang who has 17 goals and three assists.
3. Moussa Dembele – The Lyon striker has 16 league goals this season. He has adequate experience in English football having played for the likes of Fulham and Celtic.
4. Thomas Lemar – The Atletico Madrid winger is a long-term target for Arsenal dating back from his time in France with AS Monaco.