Liverpool are closing in on a first league title in three decades after a sensational form in the Premier League this season but that has not stopped the Reds on working to bolster their squad for the new season.
The Reds are cruising to their first Premier League title ever after winning 26 of their 27 games this term to open up a 22-point lead at the top of the table.
Despite their dominance this season, Liverpool were able to boost their squad with Takumi Minamino from Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg and they have also been linked with a sensational transfer for Paris Saint Germain (PSG) hitman Kylian Mbappe.
Apart from the league, Liverpool have also won the UEFA Super Cup this season after the penalty shootout victory over Chelsea. The two teams shared a four-goal thriller at the end of regulation time and extra time.
- EPL: The Top Three Chelsea Best Performers This Season Revealed
- EPL: Chelsea Urged To Beat Man Utd To This Striker’s Signing
- Man United: Best Player Of The Year Award Nominees
Liverpool have also added the FIFA Club World Cup title to their trophy haul after the tournament held in Qatar in December.
Liverpool fans have been dreaming about the prospect of Kylian Mbappe playing for their team but they may have to wait for some time before the transfer can happen due to these three reasons:
1. Too Expensive – Liverpool will have to break the bank if they want to sign a player like Kylian Mbappe who cost PSG around £166m to make the move to the French champions permanently having initially signed for the capital club on loan from AS Monaco.
2. Klopp’s Statement – Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has spoken about Kylian Mbappe and the prospect of signing him. According to the Reds boss, the club can’t afford the money required to sign Mbappe.
3. Fearsome Attack – Liverpool have a fearsome attack already and they don’t have an immediate need for a new high profile striker like Kylian Mbappe.