Liverpool have barely strengthened their first team squad in the last two transfer windows and that has been blessing in disguise for manager Jurgen Klopp and his Reds team.
A lack of signings from both last summer’s transfer window and January 2020’s transfer window has worked in favour of Liverpool who are miles ahead of others in the Premier League.
Klopp and his Liverpool Players have 19 more points than Manchester City who doubles as their nearest challengers and defending champions.
Liverpool have won 23 league games and drawn one from the 24 Premier League outings this term with virtually no signings.
The Reds signed backup goalkeeper Adrian on a free transfer last summer as a replacement for long-serving shot stopper Simon Mignolet who joined Club Brugge in his native Belgium.
- EPL: Liverpool, Arsenal Made Contact To Sign £25m Teenager(Opens in a new browser tab)
- The Latest Kylian Mbappe Stance On Transfer To Liverpool ‘Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Transfer News: Olivier Giroud Transfer – All The Latest Updates
Spanish shot-stopper Adrian signed a two-year deal upon joining Liverpool and he was the only first team transfer last summer.
Liverpool also signed one first team player in the January transfer window which ended yesterday after Japanese international Takumi Minamino signed for the Reds from Red Bull Salzburg in Austria. The Reds activated his £7.25m at Salzburg to sign him.
Klopp and Liverpool have been shrewd in the transfer market in the last two editions but they are expected to finally splash some cash this summer with a lot of players linked with the club.
1. Timo Werner – Recent reports claimed that the German international has an agreement in place to join Liverpool this summer and only time will tell if this development is right. He has scored 20 league goals in 19 games for RB Leipzig this season.
2. Kai Havertz – This is another German that could sign for Liverpool this summer with the latest reports revealing that the Reds want to negotiate an £80m transfer for him.
3. Diego Carlos – Brazilian center-back Diego Carlos plays for Sevilla in the Spanish La Liga and he is said to be a transfer target for Liverpool.