Manchester United signed two players during the just concluded January transfer window and they are expected to sign more players this summer as the rebuilding under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continues.
In one of his press conferences this year, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed that Manchester United need six to seven players to build a strong team that could challenge the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City for major trophies like the Premier League and Champions League.
Manchester United were constantly challenging for major trophies like those until legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.
The Red Devils have enjoyed little or no success since his retirement and one of his players Solskjaer has been saddled with the responsibility of bringing back the glory old days.
Manchester United were almost hamstrung to sign players last month after injuries to key players like Scott McTominay, Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba.
- Why Champions League Winner Ignored United And Madrid’s Approach(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Man Utd Confident Bruno Fernandes Will Be Joined By second Player Before Transfer Window Ends(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Liverpool ‘In Talks’ To Sign This Wonderkid
Portuguese international Bruno Fernandes became the first signing of this year after the midfielder left Sporting Lisbon for Old Trafford in a deal that could be as much as €80m before Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo joined him at Manchester United on loan from Shanghai Shenhua in the Chinese Super League.
Manchester United will definitely add more players in the summer and they have been linked with a lot of them as follows:
1. Jadon Sancho – The 19-year-old was at the top of the transfer list last summer but Borussia Dortmund were adamant that he’s not for sale. There is a general consensus that the English winger wants to return home this summer though Liverpool and Chelsea are also keen on his multimillion pounds transfer.
2. James Maddison – The Leicester City playmaker has attracted serious interest from the Red Devils and he could sign for the club this summer. He has scored nine goals and provided three assists in all competitions for the Foxes this season.
3. Jack Grealish – The Aston Villa skipper cum playmaker is also a major transfer target for Manchester United ahead of this summer.