Three-time European champions Manchester United are reportedly keen on re-signing one of their former players according to The Sun.
Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha is a key player for the Eagles but he’s wanted back at Old Trafford despite his highly unsuccessful spell at the club.
According to the publication from the stables of The Sun, Manchester United want to re-sign Wilfried Zaha in a deal that could be as high as £70m.
The Ivorian international is said to be one of their priority transfers next summer.
- Where James Milner wants to play football revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Key Liverpool Player Misses Training Ahead Of Man City Game(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Take It Or Leave It: Underperforming Man Utd Star To Make Contract Decision In One Week
Wilfried Zaha was the last signing of the Sir Alex Ferguson era at Manchester United but he didn’t justify his £15m price tag at the club before being farmed out on loan to Welsh team Cardiff City.
He joined Crystal Palace on loan afterwards before securing a permanent return to the London club whom he left for Manchester United in 2013.
Since his return to Selhurst Park, he has scored 32 goals in 175 Premier League games.
Wilfried Zaha was the subject of bids from the likes of Everton and Arsenal in the summer after the player indicated his willingness to leave the club but they were unable to match the £80m asking price from Crystal Palace.
Chelsea Keen To Sign This Pacey Winger In January
Europa League winners Chelsea are reportedly keen to sign Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha during the January transfer market which opens again in the next few weeks.
According to The Independent, Chelsea want to sign the in-form Zaha if their transfer ban is overturned at the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
Chelsea are in the midst of a two-window transfer ban imposed on them by world football’s governing body FIFA due to their culpability in the signing of underage players.
The Blues had earlier made an appeal to FIFA over the transfer ban and it was thrown out thereby prompting them to take the matter to CAS.
- Attacking Duo Set To Follow Unai Emery Out Of Arsenal Next Summer(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Jurgen Klopp reveals the big lessons from United game(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Chelsea Confirm Starting Lineup vs Everton
Chelsea were unable to sign players in the summer as they served the first part of the punishment.
They will serve the second part of the punishment in the January transfer window if the ban is not overturned.
Wilfried Zaha was a transfer target for both Everton and Arsenal in the summer but the two clubs were unable to produce the £80m transfer fee ended to sign him.
Recent reports claimed that Crystal Palace have slammed a £70m asking price on him ahead of January transfer window.
Zaha has scored two goals in the last three games for Crystal Palace.
What Roy Hodgson Said About Wilfried Zaha Transfer To Arsenal Or Manchester United
Hodgson talked about Zaha and the possibility of him leaving the club in January during his post-match press conference after the Burnley game at Turf Moor on Saturday evening.
According to him, Ivorian international Zaha is not for sale as he’s hopeful that the player will score the goals that will see them climb up the Premier League table.
Wilfried Zaha expressed his desire to leave Crystal Palace in the summer but he was unable to engineer a transfer out of the club amidst the bids from fellow English top-flight teams Arsenal and Everton.
- Man United To Battle Chelsea In Race To Sign 23-year-old Striker(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Breaking! Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang To Sign New Contract On One Condition(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Manchester United To Fortify Attack By This 26-year-old Striker
Arsenal and Everton both submitted several bids for the player but they didn’t get to the £80m asking price slapped on him by the Eagles.
Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has already confirmed that the club will sell Zaha in the January transfer window if they can get a premium transfer fee for him though Roy Hodgson has other ideas.
The Crystal Palace manager is ready to do battle for Zaha to stay at Selhurst Park.
Zaha scored one of the goals as Crystal Palace recorded a 2-0 win at the home of Burnley.
Crystal Palace Set To Pull Out Of January Transfer For Chelsea Star
Crystal Palace are considering the idea of pulling out of a deal for Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud who has found playing time to come by in the past weeks.
Giroud is the third choice central striker at Chelsea at this point in time behind Michy Batshuayi and Tammy Abraham.
Crystal Palace want to sign Olivier Giroud to boost their attacking options but the transfer would take its toll on the club on the financial front.
According to the Daily Mail, Giroud is not ready to lower his weekly wage demands and that Crystal Palace want to pull the plug on the deal as a result.
Financial demands made by Giroud led to the collapse of a possible transfer to Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan in January.
- Finally, Man United Can Sign Top Target For £69m Cutprice Fee(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Exclusive: Manchester United Won’t Sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer For This Reason(Opens in a new browser tab)
- United Legend Slams Club Executives For Signing These Two Expensive Players
Inter Milan were ready to offer Olivier Giroud a two-and-a-half year contract but his weekly salary of £110,000 proved to be the stumbling block to the transfer according to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.
Olivier Giroud is keen to leave Chelsea in January in search of more playing time as he tries to protect his spot in the French national team starting XI as the 2020 European Championships draws closer.
The Frenchman has spent two years at Chelsea and he has a little over six months left to go on his existing contract.
Crystal Palace In £25m Bid For Chelsea Target
Crystal Palace are said to be plotting a bid of £25m for CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov according to the freshest reports out of the British media.
The South Londoners want to sign Fedor Chalov during the January transfer window to boost their attacking options.
Fedor Chalov is a transfer target for Chelsea but the Blues will have to overcome their transfer ban challenge to have a chance of signing him ahead of London rivals Crystal Palace.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic is said to be a fan of the player who signed a new CSKA Moscow deal in January according to Sky Sports.
- Christian Eriksen Could Still Leave Despite Mourinho Appointment(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Arsenal Show Interest In Summer Transfer For Fedor Chalov(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Manchester United To Compete With Arsenal And Liverpool For 7-goal Striker
The new contract runs until the end of the 2021/22 season and the 21-year-old Russian international is expected to leave the club before then.
Fedor Chalov has scored five goals for CSKA Moscow this season as he has continued his impressive form from the last campaign when he finished as the topscorer in the Russian Premier League.
The Russian striker scored 15 goals to win the Golden Boot Award in the top flight ahead of Sardar Azmoun who scored 13 goals for Zenit St. Petersburg.
Chelsea have striker options like Tammy Abraham, Olivier Giroud and Michy Batshuayi at the moment, while Crystal Palace have striker options like Conor Wickham, Jordan Ayew and Christian Benteke.
Report! Rhian Brewster could be finalized in January
London club Crystal Palace have reportedly contacted Liverpool over a move for young striker Rhian Brewster during the January transfer market.
According to Football Insider, Crystal Palace have made contact with Premier League leaders Liverpool over the possibility of a loan move for the youngster.
Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster is highly thought of at the club despite the fact that he has been restricted to just two appearances in all competitions this season with the two games coming in the Carabao Cup.
He featured for 90 minutes during the Carabao Cup third round win over MK Dons.
Liverpool beat the lower league opposition 2-0 at home to seal a fourth round meeting with Premier League rivals Arsenal.
- Underfire Unai Emery Slammed For Two Major Mistakes At Arsenal(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Barcelona Duo On Song During Argentina vs Uruguay Clash In Israel(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How Manchester United Will Benefit From Ronaldo’s Fall-out With Sarri
Rhian Brewster also played the entire duration of the fourth round Carabao Cup clash with Arsenal which ended in a 5-5 draw before Liverpool triumphed via penalties.
Hosts Liverpool booked their spot in the quarterfinals with a 5-4 win during the penalty shootout.
The Reds will now face Aston Villa in the quarterfinals and Rhian Brewster is expected to play a part in the game.
The aforementioned publication revealed that Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will make a decision on the Crystal Palace loan request after the Aston Villa game.
EPL: Liverpool Starting Lineup vs Crystal Palace Revealed
Liverpool have been almost flawless in the Premier League this season after dropping just two points at the end of 12 games and that impressive form has seen them open an eight-point lead at the top of the table and a nine-point lead over fellow title contenders and champions Manchester City.
The Premier League champions are in fourth position and one point behind both third-placed team Chelsea and second-placed team Leicester City but they are seen as the biggest threat to Liverpool ending their long wait for the league title.
The Reds have the opportunity to extend their lead over Manchester City to 12 points before the English champions host Chelsea.
- EPL: Liverpool Starting XI Against Tottenham Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: 2 Reasons Why Solskjaer Will Be Happy Ahead Of Brighton’s Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How Chelsea Maintained England Record
Liverpool have been boosted with the return to training of two key players ahead of the Crystal Palace game.
Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson are key players for Liverpool and they were both doubtful for the Crystal Palace match at Selhurst Park due to respective ankle injuries.
The two players missed the international break for their countries as a result of the injury.
Likely Liverpool XI vs Crystal Palace: Alisson Becker; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Dejan Lovren, Virgil Van Dijk, Andy Robertson; Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum, Fabinho; Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.
EPL: Liverpool Handed Triple Boost Ahead Of Palace Game
Premier League leaders Liverpool have received a triple boost after three of their players returned to training on Thursday as they prepare to face Crystal Palace.
Liverpool travel to South London to take on Crystal Palace in a week 13 game scheduled for Selhurst Park on Saturday evening and the trio of Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson and Joe Gomez returned to training ahead of the game.
Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson have both recovered from their respective ankle injuries.
Salah missed out on the 2021 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers played by Egypt during the recently finished international break.
He was absent because of the ankle injury aggravated during the last league game, a 3-1 win over title rivals Manchester City.
- Champions League: Chelsea Trio Return To Training Ahead Of Ajax Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Possible Man Utd XI vs West Ham United(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Klopp drops major hint ahead of Porto game
Left-back Andy Robertson also sustained an ankle injury during that Manchester City and that forced him to miss the Euro 2020 qualifiers for Scotland during the international break.
Andy Robertson has been an ever present for Liverpool in the league as he started all the games.
The former Hull City player is expected to maintain that record when the Reds play Crystal Palace later this weekend.
For Joe Gomez, he was booed by some England fans during the Bulgaria game at the Wembley Stadium following his altercation with Manchester City Raheem Sterling and has returned to Liverpool training.
Joe Gomez was devastated after the incident but he’s back in training for his club.
Key Liverpool Duo Set To Miss Crystal Palace Clash
Premier League leaders Liverpool might be without two of their best players for the league clash with London club Crystal Palace.
Liverpool travel to take on the Eagles in a week 13 league game billed for Selhurst Park on Saturday evening and they might be without Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson.
According to Sky Sports, Salah and Robertson are struggling to recover from respective ankle problems ahead of the game against the Eagles.
Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson are key players for Liverpool though they have adequate replacements for them if they will be unable to play the game.
- Man United Shift Focus To £40m Striker As Mandzukic Deal Remains Uncertain(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Arsenal Legend Brands Player Sale ‘A Mistake’(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Euro 2020: Ex-Arsenal Star On Target In Spain Rout
Veteran Liverpool midfielder James Milner could slot in at left-back in the absence of Scotland international skipper Andy Robertson, while Belgian national team striker Divock Origi is likely to replace Mohamed Salah in the Liverpool XI ahead of the Crystal Palace match.
Andy Robertson missed the international break with Scotland as a result of the injury as his country rounded up their qualifying campaign for Euro 2020.
The same applies to Mohamed Salah who missed the 2021 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers for North African side Egypt.
Liverpool would be hoping to maintain their eight-point lead at the top of the Premier League table with an away victory over Crystal Palace.