The Gunnars have agreed to a club-record deal with Everton for their star player, Alex Iwobi.
It is believed that the fee Everton paid will be around £36m to £40m for the charismatic winger.
Thewistle had previously reported that an opening bid of £30m was rejected by Arsenal yesterday.
Today marks the day Arsenal broke their record for the most expensive sale.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain £40m transfer to Liverpool remains the Gunnars biggest deal ever.
- Fulham Demand £40m For Chelsea Target
- Arsenal Star Signs 3-Year Deal With New Club
- Good News: Arsenal Get Reduced Asking Price For Star Player
- Sir Alex Ferguson Pushing For John McGinn Transfer
- How Alex Ferguson choice for Man United manager was misrepresented
Alex Iwobi is now the seventh player to arrive Goodison Park in the close of the season.
Everton was granted a two hours extension from 5 pm deadline to seal the transfer of Alex Iwobi.
Marco Silva have this to say about Alex Iwobi:
“He is still young but already with a lot of top-level experience –- 100 Premier League matches, more in Europe and many international games,”.
Everton have signed the likes of Moise Kean who joined from Serie A champions Juventus for 27.5 million euros, midfielders Andre Gomes, Fabian Delph, right-back Djibril Sidibe, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and goalkeeper Jonas Lossl.