AC Milan are considering moving for Chelsea boss Antonio Conte following his recent comments over a possible return to Italy, according to reports.
The Blues boss came out to reveal he is homesick and will fancy a move to Italy in the near future despite enjoying an impressive start to life at the Premier League, leading his side to their second league title for three years.
Milan boss Vincenzo Montella has come under intense criticism from large sections of the fans due to their indifferent start to the Italian Serie A season, despite spending quite a large sum of money on transfers during the last summer window.
- The transfer move made by Philippe Coutinho revealed
- Spanish Opposition: Manchester United Face Real Madrid Threat For Ajax Skipper
- Champions League Final: Liverpool vs Tottenham Possible Starting XI
- Europa League final: Why Chelsea’s title bid is already threatened
- Deal Still On: Atletico Madrid Transfer Held Up For Arsenal Target
The Italian giants are currently sitting in the sixth position, suffering two losses in six games, and putting their title chances into jeopardy
Reports in Italian outlet, Gazzetta dello Sport have claimed that the Rossoneri have contacted Antonio Conte and Carlo Ancelotti over the possibility of replacing Montella at the San Siro at the end of the season.
It is understood that AC Milan’s game against Roma and Inter Milan could decide the future of Montella at the club, with reports that the Chinese owners are looking at the prospects of bringing on a big-name in a bid to boost their profile.