Chelsea winger Pedro Rodriguez is one of three first team players with serious doubts over their respective futures in West London. French World Cup champion Olivier Giroud and Brazilian international Willian are the other two players.
Pedro, Giroud and Willian will be free agents this summer if they fail to agree contract extension at Chelsea.
Spanish international Pedro has been at Chelsea since his £21m move from La Liga outfit Barcelona five years ago. He was part of the team that won the Premier League title during the 2016/17 season under the guidance of Italian tactician Antonio Conte.
Pedro Rodriguez signed his one and only contract extension at Chelsea in 2018. He signed a new one-year deal to take his time at Stamford Bridge to the summer of 2020.
- United set to land former Madrid target, talks have reached advanced stage
- What Cristiano Ronaldo Did For Me – Jese Rodriguez
- Done Deal: Details of Liverpool’s new contract for Jurgen Klopp revealed
The Spanish winger has been a regular fixture in the Chelsea XI since his time at the club until this season. Blues manager Frank Lampard had Pedro Rodriguez in his team at the start of the season until he spent some weeks on the sidelines as a result of injury.
Pedro Rodriguez lost his place in the Chelsea XI upon his return from injury and he didn’t reclaim a spot in the starting XI until February. Let’s examine the potential clubs for him for next season as his Blues contract gradually comes to an end:
1. Aston Villa – Pedro was seriously linked with a January transfer to Aston Villa when he hardly played football for Chelsea. Aston Villa were unable to pull off a transfer for him.
2. Barcelona – The player has talked up the possibility of returning to the Nou Camp in his recent interviews. Pedro Rodriguez left Barcelona to join Chelsea in the summer of 2015.
3. Chelsea – Spanish international forward Pedro Rodriguez could still extend his stay at Stamford Bridge beyond this season. He has spent five years at Chelsea.