Liverpool have been in sensational form in the Premier League this season to close in on a first title in three decades.
The Liverpool players have been relentless in their push to end the lengthy league title drought spanning 30 years, and manager Jurgen Klopp has been instrumental to the magnificent form in the English top flight.
Klopp and his Liverpool players have been able to recover from the disappointment of missing out on the league title last season to Manchester City.
The Reds were piped to the Premier League title by Manchester City by just one point despite winning their last 11 games in the competition in the last campaign.
This term, Liverpool have 73 points after 24 league games and are 22 points better than second-placed Manchester City who have a game still to play at Tottenham Hotspur later this weekend.
- Manchester United: Erling Haaland Transfer Updates(Opens in a new browser tab)
- The Real Reason PSG Want Sadio Mane Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Players Partnership: How Pablo Mari Can Bring Out The Best Of David Luiz At Arsenal
Liverpool have won 24 and drawn just one of their 25 league games this season.
Several players have been instrumental to the successes recorded by Liverpool in the league this season and are in contention to make the shortlist for the Player of the Year.
Here are some of the Liverpool players in contention:
1. Jordan Henderson – The Liverpool skipper has been in fine shape this season and has won plaudits for the way he adapted to a deeper midfield role in the absence of Fabinho who was injured for over two months. The England international is a contender for the Player of the Year. He has three goals and four assists in 24 league games.
2. Sadio Mane – Alongside Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City, Sadio Mane was one of the top two best players in the Premier League in the first half of the season but that momentum has been checked by a muscle injury in recent weeks. He has still managed 11 goals plus six assists in 22 games.