Manchester United scouts were reportedly in attendance to run the rule over one of their transfer targets during a Champions League in midweek.
According to popular Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Manchester United scouts watched the Champions League game between Benfica and Lyon on Wednesday night.
Benfica beat Lyon 2-1 in the Group G clash to hand the French Ligue 1 giants their first defeat of the group stage.
Memphis Depay scored the only goal for Lyon and it proved to be just mere consolation due to the hosts’ two goals from Rafa Silva and Pizzi.
- Exclusive: Manchester United Won’t Sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer For This Reason(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Man United deal is not over for Youri Tielemans(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Wolves Eyeing Summer Move For Man Utd Target
It was revealed that Manchester United are after a player and they sent scouts to run the rule over their transfer target during the aforementioned Champions League game.
It is believed that the player is Benfica center-back Ruben Dias who has been linked with a move to Manchester United for the better part of this year.
The Portuguese international has a release clause of 66 million euros and recent reports said that the player is closing in on a new deal that will see that release clause increase.
It remains to be seen whether will want to spend big on another defender after their summer signing of Harry Maguire from Leicester City.
Good News! Bruno Fernandes To Miss Benfica Clash For This Reason
Sporting Lisbon player Bruno Fernandes could miss the league clash with leaders and arch-rivals Benfica as his transfer to Manchester United edges closer.
This is according to CMTV, A media outlet in his native Portugal.
It was stated that his transfer to Manchester United might be completed by the end of Friday thus leading to him missing the Benfica game.
The Bruno Fernandes and Manchester United transfer saga have dominated this winter transfer period and it looks like its coming to an end.
- Liverpool Confirm Starting Lineup vs Everton Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Arsenal Move For €25m Midfielder In Doubt(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Why Man Utd Failed To Sign Teen Sensation
The aforementioned report said that only small details are left for the transfer to be made official.
Bruno Fernandes will have to wait for his Manchester United debut if he’s able to complete his transfer from Sporting Lisbon before the end of this weekend.
The Premier League trip to league leaders Liverpool will come too soon for him though the home game against Burnley next week in the Premier League is a more realistic option for the Portuguese national team star.
Bruno Fernandes was part of the Portugal team that won the inaugural UEFA Nations League title last year.
He provided the assist for the winning goal scored by Goncalo Guedes as Portugal beat the Netherlands 1-0 in the final of the competition held on home soil.
Chelsea Representatives Jet Abroad To Sign January Transfer Target
Chelsea have entered the race to sign Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes according to Sky Sports reporter Dhamesh Sheth.
The Blues will have to contend with a lot of other Premier League teams who also want to sign the 20-year-old Portuguese international player.
West Ham United, Manchester United and Everton are all in the race to sign the young midfielder apart from Chelsea.
As reported by Dharmesh Sheth, Chelsea representatives are in Lisbon to strike a deal for the player who has fallen out of favour with Benfica manager Bruno Lage.
- Why Manchester United failed to sign Bruno Fernandes(Opens in a new browser tab)
- What Ronaldo Did After Being Substituted vs AC Milan Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Benfica Confirm €126m Atletico Offer For Joao Felix(O
Gedson Fernandes has missed the past games as a result of his issues with his manager at the Portuguese champions.
He broke into the Benfica first team last season and was a part of the team that retained the league title.
Chelsea have made an offer of a loan for the next 18 months with the option of a permanent transfer for £55m.
West Ham United have also made a deal for the Portuguese player though the details of the offer have not been disclosed.
Recent reports claim that the Hammers have upped their offer for him.
The Hammers want to back new manager David Moyes in the transfer market as they try to move away from the relegation zone.
Man Utd Consider Move To Sign Midfield Maestro With £84million Clause
Three-time European champions Manchester United are reportedly plotting a move for Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes.
This is according to the publication from Sky Sports which revealed that the Red Devils want to sign the 20-year-old Portuguese international in the current January transfer window which opened on Wednesday.
It was revealed that Manchester United are looking at a loan deal for the player with the option of signing him for just £34m permanently in the summer.
Gedson Fernandes won’t mind leaving Benfica in the current winter transfer window after he fell out with manager Bruno Lage.
He has been missing in recent Benfica games.
- How Premier League Missed Mourinho Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Report: Liverpool Eyeing Multiple Deals For These Midfielders(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: What José Mourinho Must Do Before Joining Arsenal Revealed
That has restricted him to just one assist in 12 games for Benfica this season.
Gedson Fernandes was an important member of the Benfica team that won the Portuguese league last season and he contributed three assists in 22 games in the last league campaign.
The young Portuguese midfielder made his debut for the national team in September 2018 and has made two appearances for the European champions.
He has a release clause of £84m in his current Benfica contract which will end in 2023.
Gedson Fernandes is one of the numerous midfield targets on the transfer shortlist at Manchester United.
Man City Face Man United Threat In Bid To Sign This ‘Pacey Defender’
Premier League champions Manchester City have concluded plans to sign highly-rated Benfica defender Ruben Dias but they may have to see off two other English top-flight sides to achieve their target.
According to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, Manchester City are one of the frontrunners to sign Ruben Dias and that they might make a move for the Portuguese international center-back during the January transfer window.
The loss of first-choice central defender Aymeric Laporte has hit Manchester City hard this season and their quest to achieve results without him has not been helped by the exit of former club skipper Vincent Kompany.
- Why Solskjaer Wasn’t Interested In 15-goal Poacher(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Chelsea Quintet Out Of Burnley Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Huge Boost For Manchester United Interest In No-nonsense Centre-back
Laporte suffered a serious knee injury in August and he’s not expected back in action until February at least.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has had to convert Fernandinho into a makeshift central defender due to the injury to Aymeric Laporte.
Guardiola and his Manchester City players have already lost three times this season mainly because of their defensive woes.
Manchester City are expected to bolster their squad on the defensive front and Ruben Dias is a top candidate though Premier League rivals Manchester United and Wolverhampton Wanderers are also interested in the central defender.
Man Utd To Rival Man City For The Signature Of This Prolific Defender
Manchester United will have to fend off the threat of Premier League champions Manchester City in their quest to sign highly rated Benfica centre back Ruben Dias.
This is according to the report from the Daily Mirror which claimed that Manchester City want to sign the Portuguese international defender to boost their defence.
Manchester United are long-term admirers of Ruben Dias and he has a release clause of 59 million pounds in his present contract with Portuguese champions Benfica.
Premier League champions Manchester City have endured several injuries in defence and that has affected their title challenge this season.
Manchester City have won the league title in each of the last two seasons but their bid to make it a hattrick of Premier League title wins this season is almost in ruins mainly because of a shaky defence.
The Citizens are already eight points adrift of title rivals Liverpool after the first eight games in the Premier League.
Manchester City lost their first choice defender Aymeric Laporte to a serious knee injury and he’s not expected to return to the pitch until next year.
His strike partner John Stones is also injured and that has led manager Pep Guardiola to field defensive midfielder Fernandinho and shaky defender Nicolas Otamendi as a centre back pairing.
Benfica Confirm €126m Atletico Offer For Joao Felix
Portuguese champions Benfica have confirmed that Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid have made a club-record offer for young attacker Joao Felix.
The offer for the young Portuguese forward was confirmed on Wednesday evening.
It was revealed that Atletico Madrid have made an offer €126m including add-ons for the 19-year-old forward.
Joao Felix signed a new Benfica contract at the start of the 2018/19 season thus taking his release clause to €120m.
Atletico Madrid have made an offer that’s more than the release clause but it includes add-ons.
- Arsenal Face European Opposition For €30m-rated Pacey Winger
- 4-3-3: How Real Madrid Will Set Up If They Seal Transfer For Christian Eriksen
The Spaniards are the overwhelming favourites to sign Joao Felix who has also been linked with the newly crowned European champions, Liverpool.
The Reds were said to have made a £61m bid for the Portuguese teen sensation towards the end of last year only for the Merseysiders to be rebuffed in their attempt to sign the player.
Apart from Liverpool and Atletico Madrid, Joao Felix has also been linked with clubs like Manchester United, Manchester City, Juventus and Bayern Munich.
Joao Felix is expected to be the club-record signing for Atletico Madrid when he joins them this summer.
The 2013/14 Spanish La Liga champions see Joao Felix as the direct replacement for star player Antoine Griezmann who will leave the new Wanda Metropolitano Stadium this summer.
Man United target Joao Felix undergoing medicals at Atletico Madrid
Latest report has revealed that Man United target and Portuguese outfit Benfica starlet Joao Felix is currently undergoing medical with Spanish La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid ahead of a move.
Joao Felix has been on the radar for a number of clubs including Man United who are reportedly ready to bring him in this summer transfer window to form a part of the Solsjaer’s rebuilding of the team.
It has, therefore, been claimed that he could be announced as Atletico Madrid player any moment from now with the hope that the medicals would be successful.
The Portuguese starlet visited the club on Tuesday for a tour after he signed his official contract on Wednesday, according to the claims.
Joao Felix will now be with the Spanish side as from next season where he is expected to continue his progress and also win more titles to his name.
However, this remains a blow to the Red Devils as they will not be able to land their target, giving manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer more work to do in getting a quality team together.
Joao Felix will be a big miss for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer because he is young and fits the quality needed at Old Trafford.