Arsenal teenager Bukayo Saka was the star of the show as the Gunner got their Europa League campaign off to an excellent start.
The Nigerian attacker inspired Arsenal to a 3-0 win over hosts Eintracht Frankfurt FC of Germany in their opening game in Group F.
Arsenal were beaten finalists from last year in the Europa League, while Eintracht Frankfurt reached the semifinals of the competition.
The Gunners were able to navigate a tricky away fixture against Eintracht Frankfurt buoyed by the brilliance of Bukayo Saka who was making his first start for Arsenal this season.
He was part of an Arsenal front three including leading scorer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Emile Smith-Rowe.
Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez made some saves to keep the scoreline at goalless before young midfielder Joe Willock gave the Gunners the lead with seven first half minutes to go off an assist from Bukayo Saka.
The Gunners also had Emiliano Martinez to thank for keeping the hosts at bay with some commanding goalkeeping.
Bukayo Saka then went from provider to goalscorer in the final ten minutes of the game shortly after Eintracht Frankfurt had been reduced to ten men.
Midfielder Dominik Kohr was sent off for two yellow cards.
Saka scored the second goal off an assist from summer signing and second half substitute Nicholas Pepe before Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wrapped up the victory off another assist from the impressive Bukayo Saka.
Man United target wants Premier League move
Man United target and Ajax star Nicolas Tagliafico has made it clear that he is open to a move to the English Premier League in this summer transfer window.
A lot has been said about the English topflight and Nicolas Tagliafico wants to have an experience as he also attracts interests and being linked with a number of clubs including Man United, Leicester City, and Chelsea.
All three English Premier League teams made inquiries about the Ajax left-back this summer window but never submitted a bid and this is a position that is highly needed by the Red Devils.
- Ike Shorunmu Reacts To Alex Iwobi’s Shock Transfer To Everton
- Pepe’s Move To Arsenal Not Closed
- Arsenal to earn £1.1 million from former player’s sale
After failing to land Sergio Reguilon from Real Madrid, the Red Devils turned their attention to FC Porto left-back Alex Telles but have been unable to wrap up the deal despite claims that they have agreed on personal terms with the player.
Howbeit, the Red Devils could shift attention to the 28-year-old who has been reportedly told by Ajax that he can leave for a new club this summer window for a £23 million fee.
Man United are believed to have a good relationship with Ajax, following their capture of Donny van de Beek and they could take advantage of that relationship to negotiate for the experienced defender.
Donny Van De Beek’s Man Utd Shirt Number Revealed As He Completes Transfer From Ajax
Manchester United made their first signing of the summer on Wednesday with the capture of young Dutch midfielder Donny Van De Beek and a shirt number has swiftly been assigned to him.
Donny Van De Beek will wear the jersey number 34 at the Theatre of Dreams.
He became a Red Devil after Ajax Amsterdam and Manchester United agreed a €44m deal for him.
Van De Beek had his Manchester United medicals on Monday prior to his official announcement.
- Are fans now coming after this Man United player?
- French Midfielder To Choose Between Chelsea Or Man United
- Tottenham clash: Arteta makes a NO case for Aubameyang
He has put pen to paper on a five-year deal with the option of an extra year.
The Ajax Amsterdam trainee opted for the number 34 jersey at Manchester United to honour his friend Abdelhak Nouri who has been battling to recover following his collapse during a friendly in the summer of 2017.
Abdelhak Nouri suffered a brain damage from the incident and his former club teammate has decided to honour him with his shirt number at Ajax.
Nouri and Van De Beek came through the Ajax Amsterdam Academy together.
Van De Beek wore No. 6 at Ajax but the number has been occupied by star player Paul Pogba at Manchester United.
The Dutchman could make his debut for the Red Devils officially later this month in the Premier League.
United agree £40m deal, set to make official announcement
The summer transfer window might just be starting for Man United as they are reported to have agreed on a fee with Ajax to sign Donny van de Beek.
The Standard Sport reports that the Red Devils have had their £40 million bid accepted for the Dutch international midfielder with personal terms expected to be agreed up[on within few days.
It is understood that the Red Devils have been tracking Donny van de Beek since their pursuit of England international winger, Jadon Sancho failed and have finally reached an agreement this weekend.
- Arsenal Target Confirmed Real Madrid’s Interest
- EPL: Man United seal first summer transfer deal
- EPL: Man United yet to make Van de Beek offers
Man United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had earlier boasted that this summer transfer window will be a busy one for his team but the progress has been slow over time. It is expected that this will be the beginning of the anticipated deals for the club.
Reports claim that Tottenham made an attempt to hijack the deal for Donny van de Beek but failed to win the race as the player reportedly told his teammates that he will be joining Man United
The Red Devils join other clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea in their bid to close the gap with Liverpool and Man City as they hope to challenge for the English Premier League title.
EPL: Man United yet to make Van de Beek offers
It has now been confirmed that English Premier League side Man United are yet to submit an offer for the signature of Ajax star Donny van de Beek despite being linked.
This was made known when Sky Sports report that the player and the club are still expecting offers from English Premier League sides as they wish to cash in on the player.
Donny van de Beek is reportedly happy at Ajax but he will not turn down any lucrative offer as he is also eyeing a move to the English Premier League.
- EPL: Man United bid already submitted for Sancho alternative
- EPL: Former Arsenal midfielder could be on his way back to Arsenal
- United target, Oblak seeks fresh challenge from Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid were reported to be in talks with Donny van de Beek for a move but the coronavirus pandemic put an end to it which gave Man United a huge advantage in the pursuit.
Howbeit, it is obvious that the Red Devils are yet to make a bid and it is unsure if that will still happen again as the club is yet to make any summer transfer signing.
The primary target for the Red Devils was England international winger, Jadon Sancho but they failed to agree on a fee with the German Bundesliga outfit, Borussia Dortmund that that put an end to the pursuit this summer window.
EPL: Arteta seeks to capture £25m-rateed Ajax star
English Premier League club, Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta is displaying a level of ambition as he is yet linked with another forward to bolster his forward ahead of next season.
The North London outfit are reportedly set to part ways with French striker Alexandre Lacazette and Mikel Arteta will not stop such a move but that will not happen without him getting a replacement.
Ajax forward, Quincy Promes is the man that has been identified by the Spanish manager to make the difference at the Emirates Stadium if the former Lyon striker leaves.
- Arsenal handed major boost as QPR collapse Palace bid for Nigerian
- Chelsea at crossroad with Giroud
- Official: Man United Target Completes La Liga Move
However, the Gunners will have to spend £25 million to be able to capture the signature of Quincy Promes as he is the club will be willing to let him go but for a fee that is not cheaper than that.
Quincy Promes scored 16 goals in the just-concluded season before the coronavirus pandemic halted football activities as well as gave five assists in 28 games.
The Sun reports that Arteta is keen to bring in Quincy Promes with sources close to the player expressing confidence that he is willing and ready to dump Ajax for a move to the Emirates Stadium before the end of this summer transfer window.
Why Hakim Ziyech Would Be A Good Signing For Chelsea
Chelsea were boosted by the news of a new signing last week following the agreement with Dutch club Ajax Amsterdam over the transfer of Hakim Ziyech.
The player won’t join Chelsea from Ajax Amsterdam until this summer.
Chelsea will pay £38m for his transfer from the Dutch champions and he could be the man to replace Willian on the right side of the attack.
Brazilian winger Willian has less than six months on his Chelsea deal meaning that his contract will expire in the summer. He would be a free agent by then amidst the interest from the likes of Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in the Spanish La Liga.
Chelsea have struggled in the past weeks and that has put their quest to qualify for Europe’s premier club competition, UEFA Champions League, in serious doubt.
The Blues are in fourth position on the Premier League table and they have one more point than Tottenham Hotspur in fifth place though they have played one more game than their London rivals.
- Ligue 1 : Boubakary Soumare final decision made, Frank Lampard respond
- Joao Felix: Benfica Considering Four Offers For £105m Man Utd Target
- Man United To Swoop In For Steven Bergwijn In January
Their game in hand is the home clash with Manchester United on Monday night.
Chelsea have struggled against bottom-half teams in the Premier League this season and Hakim Ziyech could be the player to solve that problem for manager Frank Lampard when he joins them as from the start of next season.
Moroccan international Hakim Ziyech would improve the Chelsea team in the following ways:
Chelsea have struggled a bit without the star quality of Eden Hazard and Hakim Ziyech could be the man to fill the void left by the Belgian international.
2. Goals and Assists
First choice striker Tammy Abraham has been the only source of goals at Chelsea this season. Hakim Ziyech scores goals and assists. He has scored 22 goals and provided 25 assists in the last 48 league games for Ajax Amsterdam.
Chelsea In Talks Over Second Transfer After Ziyech Deal
Chelsea fans were left excited by the prospect of Hakim Ziyech in their team after the Blues agreed on a deal to sign the Ajax Amsterdam playmaker this summer.
The Moroccan attacker will join Chelsea in the summer after Ajax Amsterdam agreed a £38m transfer with the Blues.
Hakim Ziyech has been a key player for Ajax Amsterdam in the past years especially last season when the Dutch giants won the league title and the cup in addition to reaching the Champions League semi-finals.
According to the Daily Express, Chelsea are keen to wrap up a second transfer after the Hakim Ziyech deal.
It was revealed that the Blues are after one of their former players in Jeremie Boga who plays his club football with Italian Serie A side Sassuolo.
Boga left Chelsea for Sassuolo in the summer of 2018 in a £3.5m deal and the Blues have the first refusal on a future transfer.
- 3 Strikers Chelsea Should Sign Revealed
- Juventus Are ‘Leading The Chase’ For £42m-rated Brescia Midfielder Ahead Of PSG, Liverpool and Manchester United
- The Players Likely To Leave Juventus This Summer Revealed
He has been in top form for Sassuolo in the Italian top flight.
The ex-Chelsea winger has scored seven goals and also added two assists for Sassuolo in the league this season.
In addition, Boga has made 32 more dribbles than any other player in the Italian top flight.
Chelsea are not the only club on the trail of the aforementioned Boga with the likes of Inter Milan, Barcelona, Everton and Napoli interested in him.
The Blues have a lot of wingers on their books and Boga might need to be convinced about a move back to Stamford Bridge especially after he saw little playing time during his time in West London.
Chelsea wingers Pedro Rodriguez and Willian might leave the club this summer after the expiration of their respective contracts.
Jeremie Boga could be the man to replace the aforementioned Blues wingers when they leave the club this summer.
Chelsea Closing In On €45m Summer Signing
Chelsea fans have something to cheer on the transfer front after the club reached an agreement with Dutch Eredivisie champions Ajax Amsterdam over the transfer of star player Hakim Ziyech.
According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Chelsea and Ajax have reached an agreement for the Moroccan international to join the West London giants in the summer in a €45m (£38m) deal.
Chelsea are yet to agree on personal terms with the player who can play as a winger or striker but that’s not expected to be a problem.
The Blues have been crying out for a quality attacker since the departure of Eden Hazard last summer and Hakim Ziyech could be the man to replace the Belgian international at Stamford Bridge.
After seven successful years at Chelsea, Eden Hazard left the club to join Real Madrid last summer and it has not been a rosy start for him with the Spanish capital outfit mainly due to injuries.
- Finally, Real Madrid, Chelsea to land major agreement
- EPL: Top Three Manchester United Performers This Season
- Solskjaer Receives Big Man Utd Backing Ahead Of Liverpool Clash
He has been restricted to just one goal and four assists since he pitched his tent with Real Madrid.
During his time at Chelsea, Eden Hazard won two Premier League titles and two Europa League titles.
Hakim Ziyech has a lot of work to do to reach his level at Chelsea but the Moroccan attacker has the quality to meet this challenge.
He was a key player for Ajax Amsterdam as they stunned the continent of Europe last season via the Champions League.
Ziyech and his Ajax Amsterdam teammates reached the Champions League semifinals against all expectations before they were stopped by Tottenham Hotspur.
Ajax eliminated big clubs like Real Madrid and Juventus enroute their semifinal achievement in the competition in the last campaign.
Hakim Ziyech and Ajax Amsterdam finished last season with two trophies namely the Dutch Eredivisie title and the Dutch Cup.