Connect with us

EPL

What Dybala’s Snub Did For Man Utd Revealed

Amuda Segun

Published

on

paulo dybala

Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov is certain that the decision of Juventus attacker Paolo Dybala to snub his former club was a blessing in disguise for the Premier League outfit.

He made this known in a chat with the Daily Star as he said that Paolo Dybala would have struggled to fit in at Old Trafford.

According to him, Paolo Dybala would have been a disruptive influence on the other Manchester United players.

Dimitar Berbatov also said that having a lot of quality players could be counterproductive.

Manchester United have a lot of quality players on their books and the addition of Paolo Dybala to the current options could be a big problem in the long run.

Paolo Dybala turned down Manchester United before the Premier League transfer market ended last week.

The 25-year-old was expected to join Manchester United in a swap deal that will see Romelu Lukaku in the other direction until the player requested for big weekly wages thus prompting the Red Devils to end their chase for him.

The proposed transfer was called off while the aforementioned Lukaku had signed for Juventus’ rivals Inter Milan.

Spurs also tried to sign Dybala afterward, but it didn’t work out.

I am Segun Amuda , Journalist at Thewistle.com. You can also find my articles here on topics related to Football. Outside Blogging, I have a keen interest in watching English Premier League Games. For any queries or issues related to articles on our website, kindly get in touch.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Avatar

    GRandy

    August 16, 2019 at 2:03 am

    Pablo doesn’t have the balls to play for MU in the EPL. He might be fantastic in the soft leagues (Italian, Spanish , French ….) Many great players tried and failed .The physicality and mental pressure can be handled by man , not boys.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

EPL

EPL: United youngster heading to Germany for a loan deal

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Tahith Chong

Man United youngster Tahith Chong is already attracting interest from the German Bundesliga club, Werder Bremen, and could be heading that direction this summer window.

It is not clear if Tahith Chong will be in the first-team plans of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and that could prompt his move away for a season loan so as to continue his development.

There is no doubt that Tahith Chong is a part of the Red Devils future but his stay at the club could hamper his development which is being avoided by the club.

Werder Bremen are already in talks with the Red Devils and are positive that something will happen at the end of the day.

The club sport directors, Frank Baumann who confirmed the development with Tahith Chong stated that there are talks already ongoing between the two clubs and it is heading the right direction.

He, however, stated that there are still some things that need to be clarified and agree upon in the terms of the loan deal before an official announcement can be made.

Meanwhile, other Academy players will not be allowed to leave Man United especially as the world of sports is in an unusual time as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

Continue Reading

EPL

Sancho’s terms agreed, why the delay?

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Jadon Sancho

It is still surprising to know that Man United are yet to seal a deal with England international winger, Jadon Sancho from German Bundesliga outfit, Borussia Dortmund.

Speculations of Jadon Sancho’s move to Man United have lingered too much and the end of it is yet to be known as there is yet to be any progress in the negotiation for a deal.

However, the latest report hints that the Red Devils have already settled personal terms with the former Man City youth player as he is reported to have joined Man United WhatsApp group.

Transfer expert Ian McGarry stated that the development makes Man United very comfortable and confident as they are not faced with any competition from any club for the player.

He added that Jadon Sancho has been in touch with some Man United players with daily contacts made as he is hoping to seal the move.

However, Borussia Dortmund are yet to come down on their asking price for the England international winger which is the only reason for the delay in the deal.

A fee of £100 million is being requested and the Red Devils cannot afford it if they must do other deals in this summer transfer window.

Continue Reading

barcelona

Yes!! Coutinho agrees terms but is Willian still coming?

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Willian

The latest report has claimed that Arsenal have already agreed on personal terms with Philippe Coutinho for a deal to happen in the coming days as soon as a fee is agreed upon.

Barcelona are hoping to part ways with the former Liverpool man after a big-money deal as German Bundesliga side, Bayern Munich failed to keep him on a permanent deal after his loan spell with the club.

Arsenal are keen to land the Barcelona player and talks have been reported to be heading the right direction with a loan deal as an option.

However, this development has caused a drop in the transfer of Willian from West London club, Chelsea to the Emirates Stadium as reports had earlier claimed that the Gunners will not be bringing in the two players to the club.

This development has left Arsenal fans divided with some seeking for Willian over Philippe Coutinho while others are saying the opposite.

Commentators have argued that Willian will make more impact at Arsenal than Coutinho which means a deal for the Barcelona star and a snub for the Chelsea man may not go well for the club.

Already, reports claim that Arsenal have handed Willian a three-year deal to join the Emirates Stadium and will have him earn £100,000 weekly.

Continue Reading

Arsenal

EPL: Arsenal in search of a goalkeeper

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

The injury of Bernd Leno could force North London outfit, Arsenal into the search for a new goalkeeper as the club can only boast of Emi Martinez.

Emiliano Martinez got the opportunity he has been waiting for in gold as he gave an impressive performance in the absence of Bernd Leno especially in the restart of the Premier League.

Most importantly is the fact that Emi Martinez helped the Gunners to win their 14th FA Cup title to earn a place in the Europa League next season but that has not stopped Arsenal from searching for a new goalkeeper, according to reports.

It is claimed that the North London outfit will move in for a backup goalkeeper to ensure their safety in the course of the coming season.

Dejan Iliev and Matt Macey have both been identified as the best options as a backup gaolkeeper with the North London club hoping to seal a deal for any of one that is available in the summer transfer window.

However, it is expected that Bernd Leno will return to take his place as the first-choice goalkeeper as e is rated as part of the top five goalkeepers in the English Premier League.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Barcelona still on their way to Arsenal

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Arsenal’s hope of keeping Gabon international forward, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at the Emirates Stadium could still be threatened with reports that Barcelona could still tempt him.

It is claimed that Spanish giants are yet to make a decision on whether to come for the signature of the former Borussia Dortmund forward or not and that would be in the coming days.

Le10Sport, via Sport Witness, reports that the Spanish giants are very interested in the signature of the Arsenal man and have placed him at the top list but have Inter Milan forward, Lautaro Martinez as an alternative if they fail to land him.

However, Mikel Arteta is working back and forth to ensure a new deal is handed to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and it is claimed that he would be given a £250,000 per week wage to stay at the Emirates Stadium for more years.

Meanwhile, it has been a very light mood for the Gunners fans after seeing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang send them into frenzy by liking a post on Instagram begging him to sign a new deal at the club.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been scoring goals for the North London club and since his arrival and will not be forgotten for delivering the FA Cup title with his brace against their London rivals, Chelsea.

Continue Reading

Arsenal

EPL: Lyon still waiting for Arsenal’s Aouar bid

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Houssem Aouar

North London club, Arsenal are reported to be in the chase of French Ligue 1 outfit Lyon star Houssem Aouar in this summer transfer window but of course, they are yet to submit a bid for him.

Houssem Aouar has impressed with the Ligue 1 club and has attracted interest from a number of clubs but the Gunners are being tipped to snap him up this summer window.

However, it is claimed that the North London club is yet to make any bid for the star player as Lyon are still waiting for offers from interested suitors.

French outlet L’Equipe reports that the bid for Houssem Aouar has now been left very open to all interested suitors as Lyon are forced to part ways with him to be able to cushion the effect of the coronavirus pandemic on the club.

English Premier League club, Man City are reported to be the only major contestants for Houssem Aouar with Pep Guardiola also making efforts to work with the 22-year-old after his side played against Lyon in the Champions League last season.

Howbeit, the Gunners will be ready to meet with the £54 million asking price if they wish to have Houssem Aouar at the Emirates Stadium next season.

Continue Reading

Arsenal

EPL: Arsenal set to face goalkeeping crisis

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

English Premier League club, Arsenal might be thrown into a goalkeeping crisis as Emiliano Martinez could dump the club in the summer transfer window.

The Argentina international came into the scene as the first-choice at the Emirates Stadium after Bernd Leno picked up an injury against Brighton in the Premier League encounter.

Emiliano Martinez in his short stint at the first-choice goalkeeper was impressive that it was difficult to notice the absence of Bernd Leno as he helped the Gunners to secure their 14th FA Cup title against Chelsea.

However, Emiliano Martinez has told the Arsenal board to assure him of a first-choice role or have him leave the club as he will not be willing to remain as a second choice if Bernd Leno returns.

This means the Gunners will be short of goalkeeping options should the Argentina international leave the club as getting a goalkeeper with such quality will be very difficult.

He stated that he has already shown the club that he can play and he would like to return for next season’s campaign with the assurance that he will be given the chance to do so.

Emiliano Martinez added that his target is to win the first-choice role as well as emerge as the first choice for the Argentina national team.

Continue Reading

Arsenal

EPL: Gunners legend have a say as Willian’s arsenal move gets more real

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Willian

The speculated move of Brazilian international winger, Willian from Chelsea to Arsenal is now looking like it would happen with the latest developments in the news.

Chelsea’s boss, Frank Lampard is the first to raise the dust when he stated that Willian’s reported exit does not mean anything as he only shares a good relationship with Willian as a former teammate and now a manager.

According to him, the club will move on if the Brazilian should leave, recalling how the Blues team did not fall with the exit of Eden Hazard.

Frank Lampard’s statement has been interpreted as “giving up” on keeping Willian as he has made some efforts to have the club agree on new terms with the Brazilian.

However, Arsenal legend, Paul Merson backs the move for Willian as he stated that despite the age, football is all about now, and right now, the player is a great one.

According to him, it is unbelievable that the West London outfit will let a player with such quality leave the club, stressing that Willian will be an unbelievable signing for Arsenal.

It is, therefore, claimed that the Brazilian winger will earn about £100,000 per week at the Emirates Stadium and he will be at the club for three years, the terms that were not granted him by Chelsea.

Continue Reading

Trending