On August 13, the world’s second-biggest smartphone company–Xiaomi decided to roll out the MIUI 12.5 for the selected devices. Fortunately, the rollout ended in the Chinese handsets and with this completion, the smartphone maker announced a big plan for MIUI 12.5.
The Samsung-rivalry company announced that it will make globally rollout the above-mentioned Android skin’s version, that too with an “Enhanced version”.
List of devices receiving MIUI 12.5 Enhanced
Here’s the list of the 9 smartphone models that will get the improved version of a user interface from Xiaomi. Moreover, the following device models will be receiving the enhanced OS skin in the last quarter of this year.
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11i
- Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 11X
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 5G
From this above list, one thing is clear, there aren’t any models from Xiaomi’s sub-brand- Redmi. The reason could be its budget-friendly prices because the primary aim of this category is to target the middle class.
To recall, MIUI 12.5 was unveiled in December 2020. As the name suggests–Enhanced MIUI 12.5 could be the better version as of simple 12.5. The updated version has some serious upgrades, including fixes and tweaks.
MIUI 12.5 Enhanced
- Other than bugs fixes and tweaks, the skin of the operating system also has the elements of optimization and longevity.
- The highlighted feature of the UI is “Atomic Memory”, which allows the handset to keep and run more apps at background by optimizing the RAM.
- The other optimization feature drops the CPU usage up to 15 percent. Moreover, it can reduce the power consumption up to 8 percent sometimes.
- Last but not the least – Liquid Storage function could keep the internal memory or storage in optimum or best condition that typically slows down its aging.
- The performance will eventually degrade only 5% after 36 months of usage, as claimed by Xiaomi.