From every indication, Man United are still favourites to snap up the signature of England international Jadon Sancho from Bundesliga outfit Dortmund.
There have been complications over the possible deal despite Man United’s strong interest as Dortmund valued the youngster for over £100 million.
This has discouraged the Red Devils and the club chief, Ed Woodward has come clean to state that they are not willing to pay more than £50 million for the star player.
- AC Milan Set To Rival Inter and Roma For United’s Want-away Defender
- Is another Arsenal-Man United player swoop happening soon?
- Top Five Favourite Clubs To Win Champions League Title
It is also reported that the Red Devils are already considering the signature of Chelsea winger Willian as a replacement as he is billed to leave the Stamford Bridge this summer after failing to agree to a new contract.
However, reports still claim that Man United remain favourites to land Jadon Sancho if a deal is to happen for the player as there is no strong contender with real interest as Man United.
It is therefore expected that the Bundesliga outfit will lower their fee for the player as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, to help cushion the effect on their finance.
The young lad will also prefer a return to his country home ahead of any destination if he is to leave Germany this summer window.
Dortmund Send Transfer Message To Man United Over Jadon Sancho
Premier League side Manchester United have been dealt a huge transfer blow in the bid to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund before the end of the current transfer market.
Jadon Sancho is the top target for the Red Devils this summer but Borussia Dortmund are reluctant to let the player leave.
In the latest interview of Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director Sebastian Kehl monitored by Metro, the former midfielder said that Jadon Sancho will stay at the club beyond this summer’s transfer window.
- Ex-Chelsea Striker In Turin To Complete Juventus Transfer
- Leeds United eyeing Man United’s Daniel James
- Liverpool Complete Third Summer Signing
Borussia Dortmund had earlier given Manchester United the ultimatum of August 8 to pay the £108m asking price for the England international but they were not able to get the funds to pull off the transfer.
The latest reports said that Manchester United have already agreed on personal terms and agent fees for the transfer of Jadon Sancho but the most important factor has not been met.
The Red Devils have not been able to agree on a transfer fee for Jadon Sancho.
Manchester United want to sign a right winger this summer and they have lined up potential replacements in case they are unable to sign Sancho.
Juventus player Douglas Costa and Inter Milan star Ivan Perisic are also transfer targets for the right wing position.
Man United Agree On Transfer Tactic For £108m English Star
Premier League club Manchester United have agreed on the transfer tactic to employ in their pursuit of England international Jadon Sancho.
The 20-year-old plays his football for Borussia Dortmund in the German Bundesliga. The Germans are said to have agreed a transfer tactic with Manchester United on Jadon Sancho according to the publication from Bleacher Report.
It was agreed that the two clubs will keep the transfer pursuit of Jadon Sancho under the wraps as the Red Devils try to get a club-record deal over the line for the player.
- Yes!! Coutinho agrees terms but is Willian still coming?
- The TWO signings United will make after Donny van de Beek
- EPL: Midfielder’s agent confirms Arsenal interest
Manchester United were adamant that too much information leaked in the early stages of negotiations with Borussia Dortmund this summer and that affected a possible deal from being reached in August.
The Red Devils boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has decided to make his list of other options for the right wing in case the club misses out on Jadon Sancho.
According to ESPN, Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele, Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman and Juventus forward Douglas Costa are all on that list.
Manchester United boss Solskjaer wants to sign a right winger this summer.
Mason Greenwood played in that position for the better part of last season but his long-term position is at centre forward.
Man United Line Up Replacements For Major Transfer Target
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has lined up possible replacements for major transfer target Jadon Sancho in the event that his club is not able to pull off a move for the Borussia Dortmund winger this summer.
According to ESPN, Solskjaer and Manchester United have lined up three winger replacements for Jadon Sancho if Borussia Dortmund continue to play hardball over a deal for him.
Manchester United have not been able to agree a deal for Sancho despite the fact that the ex-Manchester City attacker has been their top target for the past three transfer windows.
- Four Clubs That Could Sign Paul Pogba If He Leaves Manchester United
- EPL: How Arsenal plan to force Lucas Torriera’s exit
- Arsenal offered another Brazilian for a £5m fee
The Red Devils might need to pay as much as £108m to stand a chance of getting their major transfer target.
The report from ESPN said that Bayern Munich player Kingsley Coman, Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele and Juventus star Douglas Costa are alternatives for Solskjaer who’s not ready to go the do or die route for Jadon Sancho.
Kingsley Coman scored the only goal in the Champions League final as he helped Bayern Munich beat French champions Paris Saint Germain (PSG) 1-0 and it’s unlikely that the Germans will sanction a move for him.
Ousmane Dembele has suffered several injury problems in the last three years at Barcelona since his big money move from Borussia Dortmund, while Douglas Costa only scored three goals for Juventus last season.
Confirmed! Jadon Sancho to wear Jersey No7
It has been confirmed that England international winger Jadon Sancho will wear Jersey No.7 at Man United but that will only happen if the Red Devils are able to agree on a deal with the German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund.
The former Man City Academy player is Man United’s top target for the summer transfer window and they are not giving up on their bid to snap him up this summer transfer window. Despite the early reject of a bid by the Bundesliga outfit, the Red Devils are reported to be making another move to submit an improved bid.
- EPL: Man United won’t give up on this PSG player
- Aston Villa to swoop for United duo
- Sancho’s terms agreed, why the delay?
Man United have reportedly told Borussia Dortmund that their £100 million demand for the former Man City academy player is unrealistic but they are willing to put together a structured payment plan to force the move.
Talks are still being held with Jadon Sancho’s representatives and should an agreement be reached, we could witness headway in the deal before the end of the summer transfer window.
However, No.7 Jersey is still vacant at Man United with claims that it is still being reserved for the England international after Mason Greenwood has been handed Jersey No.11, Anthony Martial, and Marcus Rashford number 10 and 11 respectively.
Man United plotting Dortmund return for Sancho
No doubt, the news about Man United’s interest in Jadon Sancho will not come to an end before the summer window is shut until a deal is sealed as he remains the top priority of the Red Devils.
Man United had approached German Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund for the services of the England international winger but they were unable to agree on a fee as the £100 million tag seems unnegotiable.
- Man United not out of race for £90m-rated defender
- See what happened to Ozil after chat with his manager
- EPL: How Man City plans to hurt Arsenal in transfer decision
It was understood that the deal was put to a halt with both clubs ready to go separate ways but that Man United seem not to be willing to dump the deal with claims that they are now planning a new approach to bring Jadon Sancho to the Old Trafford.
Daily Mail reports that the Red Devils re now willing to make a huge and improved bid for the former Man City academy player and are also putting final touches on personal terms for the player to be able to make an approach.
Meanwhile, reports claim that Jadon Sancho already has his mind at Man United and will jump at any opportunity but he will not force a move because of his love for the German Bundesliga team.
Dortmund finally hand hope to United on Sancho
It is now confirmed that Man United will not be landing England international winger Jadon Sancho this summer transfer window but that does not mean a deal will not go down later in the future.
The Red Devils have made the former Man City academy player their first choice but they were unable to agree on a fee with the German Bundesliga club, Borussia Dortmund and that put an end to the saga.
However, Borussia Dortmund have released a statement hinting that Man United could still get Jadon Sancho to sign at the Old Trafford, but made it clear that it would happen in the future.
- EPL: How Man City plans to hurt Arsenal in transfer decision
- EPL: £20m is enough to snap up John Stones, Arsenal told
- EPL: Jesse Lingard gets Italian suitors
The club clearly stated that they expected Jadon Sancho to remain at the club for AT LEAST ONE MORE SEASON. This means he could be leaving the club in the coming summer transfer window.
Commentators have expressed the possibility of an agreement between the two clubs for a deal to happen in the next summer window but that was not stated anywhere by either of the clubs.
The Red Devils will now move ahead with their transfer activities by looking out for an alternative so as to rebuild the squad for the coming season.
EPL: Man United get serious with this Sancho alternative
English Premier League club Man United have been told that they will no longer land the signature of Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho this summer window which makes an option inevitable.
A fee of £100 million has not been agreed upon for the player with Man United not meeting the deadline of completing the deal. They will now have to wait for subsequent transfer windows to try again.
However, the Red Devils are reported to be getting serious with the search for an alternative for Jadon Sancho as they have identified Juventus star Douglas Costa as an option.
- Crystal Palace Identify Replacement For Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- 3 Reasons Why Man United Must Keep Paul Pogba
- EPL: Arsenal, Tottenham target walks out on extension talks
MEN Sport reports that Douglas Costa was identified for Man United by their former manager Jose Mourinho and they are now set to make it formal by submitting an offer for him.
The 29-year-old will also not mind leaving Turin this summer window because of the lack of playing time under the sacked manager, Maurizio Sarri. He was handed only seven games in Serie A during the just-concluded season where he scored one and gave four assists.
The Brazilian has been seen as the man with the great potential to make a mark at the Old Trafford and an offer is currently being prepared for him.
Man United told to forget Sancho for this “big talent”
Man United have stalled on the deal for England international Jadon Sancho as they are yet to agree on a fee with Borussia Dortmund despite claims that personal terms have been agreed with the player.
The Bundesliga club is requesting for a fee of £100 million for the 20-year-old and is unwilling to shift grounds while Man United are not willing to pay such a fee. They have valued Jadon Sancho for £50 million.
It is now looking unlikely for a deal to pull through with the Red Devils obviously growing frustrated on the possibility. They have been advised by former player and Sky Sports pundit, Gary Neville to move on.
- Barcelona star to snub Arsenal for Man United
- Arsenal set new transfer target chase
- Player Award: Arsenal Target On Five-Man Shortlist
According to Gary Neville, the Red Devils should move on and make a move for Watford star Ismaila Sarr, describing him as a “big, big talent” who can give to the Red Devils the same quality as Jadon Sancho.
The former Man United player took a clue from Watford’s 3-1 defeat to West Ham, noting that Ismaila Sarr was very impressive in the game and is the winger his former side needs.
Gary Neville stressed that the performance of Ismaila Sarr, even before the game was shining light, noting that he has impressed and proven his quality in the English Premier League.