Liverpool Faithfuls are still waiting with bated breath on what will be the conclusion of the present Premier League season put to hold due to the Coronavirus menace troubling the world at the moment. The suspension of this season has not stopped the Reds from making plans for next season especially in the area of transfers.
The Reds were in a clear lead at the league summit before the aforementioned suspension in addition to the fact that there are a handful of games left to play. Liverpool had a 25-point lead at the top with less than 10 games left to play for all the teams in the division. Despite the lead, there have been calls for the league to be cancelled for this season meaning that the big advantage Liverpool has over nearest team Manchester City and others will count for nothing and this would be a big blow for a club yet to win the league title for three decades.
- Arsenal Hall Of Fame: Santi Cazorla
- 3 Reasons Why Manchester United Have Struggled This Season
- Top Five Favourite Clubs To Win Champions League Title
Others are certain that Liverpool should be given the league title if the season since they were on the verge of winning it. Rival clubs like Everton, Manchester United and to an extent Manchester City would surely rejoice if the Reds are to be denied this season despite the work put into the season which culminated in them dropping just five points all season.
While we wait for the outcome of this season, let’s examine the best targets currently pursued by Liverpool ahead of next season:
1. Jadon Sancho – The young winger is a wanted man in the Premier League with Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea on his trail though recent reports revealed that Manchester United are in pole position to sign him. The Borussia Dortmund star will likely cost at least £100m if he were to move this summer.
2. Kai Havertz – The Bayer Leverkusen midfielder is one of the top targets for Liverpool this summer. Arsenal and Bayern Munich are also interested in him.
3. Timo Werner – The petite German international player has made no secret of his desire to play for Liverpool. He has been amongst the goals for RB Leipzig FC of Germany regularly this season.