Manchester United are already in full flow as regards player transfers despite the situation caused by Coronavirus. Football activities have been called off temporarily because of the dreaded virus but that has not stopped the Red Devils from making plans for incomings and outgoings.
Recent reports from the tabloids in the United Kingdom suggest that Manchester United have made a breakthrough in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho after agreeing on personal terms with the teenager. The Red Devils are in pursuit of the England international as well as a quality midfielder especially if key player Paul Pogba leaves at the end of this season.
Pogba is far from committing his future to the Manchester United cause with the French midfielder said to have made up his mind about leaving Old Trafford. He has two years to go on his present Red Devils contract.
He has hardly featured for Manchester United in the current campaign and that is due to the ankle injury that kept him out of actions for several months. Paul Pogba was restricted to eight games only until the season was suspended at the start of last month.
- Nabil Fekir hands Liverpool a major boost
- Liverpool could sign Omer Faruk Beyaz this week
- EPL: Man United Suffer Key Injury Blow
With his future in doubt, Manchester United are on the trail of several midfielders to replace Pogba if their Academy graduate leaves the club for the second time. Here are the midfield targets for the Red Devils as they eye a potential cum quality replacement for Pogba:
1. Jack Grealish – The Aston Villa skipper is the prime candidate to replace Paul Pogba at Manchester United. He is rated at £70m and his signing would represent something like a profit for the Red Devils who would bank at least £100m from the sale of Pogba.
2. James Maddison – England international Maddison has been a key player for Leicester City this season and he could make the step up to Manchester United effortlessly due to his quality.
3. Boubakary Soumare – He was strongly linked with Manchester United in January and the club is expected to rekindle their interest in the Lille midfielder if Paul Pogba leaves this summer.