Arsenal fans worldwide are anxious over the long-term future of skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at the club as he has 12 months to run on his Gunners contract at the moment. Their fears over the future of the Gabonese international was not helped by the son of club owner Stan Kroenke.
According to Josh Kroenke, Arsenal are planning to sell some of their big names this summer and that the club will benefit from the sale of these players on the long run. Josh Kroenke has further cast doubts over the future of Aubameyang who’s attracting serious interest from other clubs.
Apart from being the club skipper, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is also one of the top performers in the team on a weekly basis and it would be difficult to sign an efficient replacement for him.
Aubameyang won the Premier League Golden Boot last season alongside Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, both from Liverpool after the three players scored 22 goals at the end of the 38-game season. In total, the Arsenal captain scored 31 goals in all competitions.
- EPL: Why Gabriel Martinelli Could Have Been A Man United Player
- EPL: Man United Urged To Sign Pogba’s Replacement
- EPL: Manchester United Target ‘Ready To Sign New Long-term Everton Deal’
In the current season, Aubameyang has maintained his status as the go-to man for goals at Arsenal after netting 20 goals in all competitions before the season ended prematurely because of Coronavirus. 17 of those 20 goals came in the Premier League.
Arsenal are already searching for a replacement in the event that Aubameyang leaves the North London outfit this summer. Here are the best options available:
1. Edinson Cavani – PSG hitman Edinson Cavani would be a free agent in the coming weeks and he could be a cheaper alternative for Arsenal in the quest to replace Aubameyang. Arsenal will have to pay a lot of money in weekly wages to make the transfer possible.
2. Jonathan David – Canadian international Jonathan David has been scouted by Arsenal on several occasions this season. He has scored 23 goals for Belgian club Gent this season.
3. Odsonne Edouard – French attacker Odsonne Edouard is another option for Arsenal in their quest to find a replacement for the aforementioned Aubameyang. Edouard has been in red-hot form for Celtic this season and he has proven that he has the required quality to make the step up to the Premier League.