Manchester United have had an inconsistent season till date but some players have managed to shine amidst the inconsistency that has engulfed the club this season.
The Red Devils are in the hunt for Champions League football though they have six points to make up on fourth-placed Chelsea in the last 13 games to have a chance of returning to the pinnacle of European club football next season.
Their next game is a mouthwatering clash at Chelsea in the Premier League shortly after the winter break.
That game will give them the chance to move closer to Chelsea on the league table in the fight for Champions League.
The top three teams Liverpool, Leicester City and Manchester City are far above the rest with the others fighting for just one slot as regards Champions League football next season.
- EPL: What Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Said About Signing New Players(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Dani Olmo Transfer To Manchester United, All The Latest Updates(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Man Utd Confident Bruno Fernandes Will Be Joined By second Player Before Transfer Window Ends
Manchester United reached the semifinals of the Carabao Cup before they were eliminated by city rivals Manchester City via a 3-2 aggregate defeat over two legs.
The Red Devils are in the FA Cup fifth round and also in the last 32 of the UEFA Europa League.
Despite the inconsistent season, players like Marcus Rashford, Fred and Scott McTominay have maintained a consistent level of performance.
1. Marcus Rashford – He has been the bright spot of the season for Manchester United who have missed his influence in the past games. He injured his back against Wolves last month and won’t be back until next month. Since his absence, Manchester United have not managed a goal in the Premier League.
2. Fred – The Brazilian has been able to resurrect his Manchester United career. He was considered a £52m flop last season following his move from Ukranian champions Shakthar Donetsk.
3. Scott McTominay – The young Scottish international midfielder has been very good for Manchester United this season. He was one of the best young players in the Premier League until December when he suffered a knee injury during the league game at home to Newcastle United.