Manchester United manager spoke at length to Sky Sports ahead of his clash with Norwich City on Sunday. The Norwegian tactician called on the Red Devils fans to be patient with his players who are experiencing a difficult transition period.
According to him young summer signings — Aaron Wan-Bisaka and Daniel James — and academy products are finding it difficult to play against well-known and experienced opponents which is one of the reasons why the team is yet to get consistent positive results.
“You have to be brave. You have to trust your players and trust the kids. We made the decision to start the transition and that transition period has been difficult, but I think the young kids are going to learn from it.”
- Issues between these Chelsea players revealed by former manager(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Why Hazard is a difficult player, Noble claims(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Solskjaer’s Solution To Man Utd Attacking Problems Ahead Of Norwich City Clash Revealed
He told Sky Sports that his players are ready to give their all against Norwich because they know there’s a need to get three points from the encounter.
“We need results as soon as possible. We need a result against Norwich. But then again we are in the situation we are,” he said.
The manager also talked about the club’s philosophy and the trust in young players. According to him, the Red Devils are known for their passion in youngsters and he’s ensuring that the trend continues.
“That’s the DNA we have. We do give young players a chance and you won’t really know about them until you throw them into deep water and see if they can swim. Those boys so far have done really well.” he concluded.
Tierney Key As Arteta Tells Arsenal Player His Time Is Up
Arsenal defender Sead Kolasinac has been informed that he could leave the club before the transfer market closes next summer.
According to TeamTalk, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has told Sead Kolasinac that he can look for a new club following the emergence of Kieran Tierney.
Scottish international Kieran Tierney is the first choice left-back at Arsenal ahead of Sead Kolasinac.
Tierney suffered several injury problems at the start of his Arsenal career which started at the beginning of last season following the £25m transfer from Scottish champions Celtic.
- London club targeting Sead Kolasinac
- This player will replace Lacazette if he leaves
- FC Porto Approve £18m Deal For Alex Telles
He was able to return to full fitness in time to play his part in the FA Cup title win of last season.
With Tierney established as the first choice Arsenal left-back, Mikel Arteta has given Sead Kolasinac the go ahead to leave in search of regular playing time.
Sead Kolasinac joined Arsenal from German Bundesliga side Schalke 04 on a free transfer.
The Bosnian left-back signed for the Gunners in 2017.
Kolasinac has been attracting interest from clubs in England, Italy and Germany with the Gunners ready to do a deal for just €10m (£9m).
German clubs Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke 04 are in the running alongside Italian Serie A capital club AS Roma and English side West Ham United.
Valencia Eyeing £6m Transfer For Man United Goalkeeper
Spanish La Liga side Valencia are in the market for a new goalkeeper and Manchester United custodian Sergio Romero is said to be high on their list of potential goalkeepers.
According to the Daily Mirror, Valencia are eyeing a £6m transfer for the Argentine international.
The 33-year-old has moved further down the goalkeeper pecking order at Manchester United following the return of Dean Henderson.
Three Lions of England invitee Dean Henderson impressed a lot of people during his two-year stay at Sheffield United and he has returned to Old Trafford to stake a claim for the number one shirt alongside current recipient David De Gea and Sergio Romero.
- Why Sergio Reguilon Picks Mancheste United
- Arsenal’s bid rejected for new goalkeeper
- EPL: Manchester United Backed To Sign £73.7million Star
Dean Henderson initially joined Sheffield United on loan at the start of the 2018/19 season and he played a big role in the Blades’ promotion to the Premier League. He also spent last season on loan at the same club.
Romero signed for Manchester United on a free transfer in 2015 after leaving Italian Serie A side Sampdoria.
He has started just seven league games in five years at Old Trafford.
Sergio Romero has predominantly been involved in the cup games, while David De Gea is the undisputed Manchester United goalkeeper in the league games.
Solskjaer makes big claim on United’s slow transfer window
Of all the big clubs in England, Man United is the only club that have struggled to bring in players against what was expected by the fans and pundits.
More blame has been pointed to the fact that the club’s finances have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer still has a lot to say on this.
So far, the Red Devils have been able to bring in Donny van de Beek from Ajax and has been linked with several others.
- Atletico keen on Lacazette, now open for a swap deal
- Six Clubs Battle To Sign Brewster Revealed
- Highly rated Championship star in talks with Arsenal
England international winger Jadon Sancho is the top target for the club but from all indications, he will not be leaving the club this summer window as the fee for his signature was not agreed upon.
The Red Devils manager is of the opinion that the club has its plan but it is normal not to have them fulfilled at times while expressing confidence that he is happy with his current squad.
He stressed that it is important for the club to make quality signings and that is what is being looked out for in this summer transfer window but he is confident that Man United can still bring in some players before the transfer window ends in the coming weeks. HE also hinted that he is not desperate to do deals.
Man United finally “make contact” with Sancho alternative
Man United might have made up their mind to dump their chase of England international winger Jadon Sancho who is their top target with the report that they have now established contact with Ivan Perisic who is believed to be an alternative.
It has been a very strenuous transfer window for the Red Devils as they are yet to land most of their summer transfer targets despite the earlier confidence expressed by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Report: Chelsea Make Transfer Decision On Top Midfield Target
- AC Milan Make Contact To Sign Arsenal Target
- EPL: Aubameyang’s New £60m Contract Confirmed
German Bundesliga outfit have refused to come down on the £100 asking price of the Man City academy product and have made it clear that the player will be staying at the club this season if that demand is not met.
Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic is an option the Red Devils are reportedly considering with as reports claim he will be leaving the Italian Serie A before the end of the summer window, having spent last season on loan with Bayern Munich.
Fussballtransfers, via the Express, reports that Man United have finally made contact over the players as it is claimed that North London outfit Tottenham have dropped their interest in his service after being able to convince Gareth Bale to dump Real Madrid for the club.
Man United set transfer rolling with another 5-year deal close
The transfer window might just be starting for Man United as they are reported to have agreed on a five-year deal with FC Porto left-back Alex Telles after talks were held with the player’s representatives.
It would be recalled that reports claimed Alex Telles’ agent was waiting for offers from the Red Devils. Now it seems they have met and something positive could happen any time soon.
The Red Devils had Real Madrid left-back Sergio Ruguilon as their number one target for the position in this transfer window but they were piped by the North London club and had to make the move for the FC Porto player.
- The second big transfer twist by Arsenal recorded
- Transfer News: Arteta Confirms Search For New Goalkeeper Is Priority
- Why Sergio Reguilon Picks Manchester United?
RMC reports that the 27-year-old has already agreed on personal terms with the Red Devils but nothing concrete can be said of the club as a fee for his signature has not been discussed but that has not limited Man United’s confidence in completing the deal.
However, the Red Devils will have to act fast and submit an appealing offer as French Ligue 1 outfit Paris Saint Germain are also reported to be keen on the signature of Alex Telles this transfer window.
Howbeit, the manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still expected to move in for a centre-back after the capture of Alex Telles to balance up his defence.
Chris Smalling’s stay at Man United coming to an end
Man United are yet to come out straight on the future of Chris Smalling at the club but he has continued to be linked away with reports that two Italian Serie A outfits are keen on him.
AS Roma have been in the front row for the signature of the Man United defender after having a feel of him in the Serie A last season during his loan spell but are yet to wrap up a deal with the Red Devils.
- Man United And Liverpool Battle Over Ismaila Sarr
- United slam Brescia president over Tonali transfer comment
- EPL: Man United change Chris Smalling’s stance
Now it is reported that they have been joined by Inter Milan with Antonio Conte interested in the service of the 30-year-old on a loan deal with the Sun claiming that the Nerazzurri are willing to pay his £120,000 weekly wage if he agrees on a move.
However, Man United are yet to make any statement on the future of Chris Smalling at the club despite the speculations that he is not in the plans of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for the new season.
The player is also reported to have fallen with life in Italy and is desperate to pull a deal through before the end of the summer transfer window as Man United will continue their search for a replacement.
United fans handed major summer transfer hope
Man United fans have been left in a meltdown following the claims by popular Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano on the fate of the club as regards the summer transfer window.
The Red Devils fans have expressed concerns over the slow transfer activities of the club with other rivals pulling big deals to intimidate them but they have now been lifted by the words of the respected journalist.
- Spurs Hijack Man United’s Transfer Plans With Swoop For Real Madrid Duo
- EPL: Man United in for another summer transfer shock
- Man United disappointed over Thiago Alcantara transfer decision
In a Man United fans forum on Instagram, called “United Chat”, the Italian journalist was asked if the Red Devils will still sign any player before the summer transfer window ends and he replied by typing that a left-back and a winger will join the club but noted that it will happen step by step.
The words of the Italian journalist might be coming to the past with reports that the Red Devils have already agreed on a five-year deal with FC Porto left-back Alex Telles for a deal to happen before the window ends.
Other reports also claim that the Red Devils have already made contact over Ivan Perisic for a move as they hope to land him as Jadon Sancho’s alternative before the end of the summer transfer window on October 5.
Lyon eyeing AC Milan midfielder as Aouar’s replacement
French Ligue 1outfit Lyon might be preparing for life without Houssem Aouar as they are reported to be making a move for AC Milan midfielder Lucas Paqueta this summer transfer window.
English Premier League club Arsenal have been heavily linked with Houssem Aouar and they seem unwilling to give up on his chase despite the high fee that has been slammed on him.
Efforts by the North London outfit to reduce the burden of the £60 million tag by including Matteo Guendouzi plus cash in the deal has failed to yield any result but that has not discouraged manager Mikel Arteta from insisting on the deal.
- Arsenal to sign new goalkeeper this week
- Arsenal Table Formal Bid To Sign Spanish Goalkeeper As Arteta Targets Double Swoop
- Arsenal now have a new No1 target
It was recently reported that the Gunners have agreed on personal terms with the player with respected transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano confirming that talks have been initiated between the two clubs over a possible deal.
With claims that Houssem Aouar is interested in a move to Arsenal and could be heading that direction, Lyon are already in talks with AC Milan to have Lucas Paqueta replace him.
Lucas Paqueta has struggled in AC Milan and might be handed the opportunity for another fresh start in French Ligue 1 with Lyon according to the reports making rounds.