Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has set a target for his team in the Champions League ahead of the opening game against Spanish La Liga outfit Valencia.
The Blues play hosts to Valencia at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night in their first game of the new Champions League season.
In his pre-match press conference, Frank Lampard talked about the immediate target for him and his players as they get their campaign on the road in Group H against Valencia.
According to the former Blues midfielder, the target is for Chelsea to qualify from the group stage.
Ahead of the game, Frank Lampard will welcome N’Golo Kante back into his squad after the Frenchman returned to training.
The French World Cup winner has recovered from a troublesome ankle problem to hand Chelsea a big boost for the Valencia game.
Kante had missed the last three games in the Premier League.
As a matter of fact, the former Caen and Leicester City player has played just twice for Chelsea this season.
He was in the Chelsea starting XI for the UEFA Super Cup penalty loss to Liverpool last month as well as the league meeting with Leicester City which ended in a 1-1 draw in a week two clash played at Stamford Bridge.
Finally, Chelsea could sign this winger for cheap in January
Chelsea have a keen interest in the Algerian international player but they are not the only Premier League club interested in him.
According to Sky Sports, Aston Villa are also monitoring the winger ahead of the winter transfer market which opens again in the next few weeks.
Said Benrahma is a key performer for Brentford and he has scored three goals and also provided three assists in 12 league starts and four substitute appearances this season as his London club tries to chase Premier League promotion.
- What Bale Said About New Spurs Manager Jose Mourinho Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Chelsea Target Five Players After Big Transfer News(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Man Utd Target Summer Transfer For Jadon Sancho
In the last campaign, Said Benrahma scored 12 goals and also provided 10 assists in 19 league starts and nine substitute appearances for Brentford.
Chelsea and Aston Villa are expected to battle each other for his signature since the former can now sign players.
The Blues can sign players in the January transfer window after their transfer ban was lifted.
The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) delivered the verdict on the two-window transfer ban imposed on Chelsea by FIFA on Friday.
The transfer ban was partially upheld and changed to a window ban which has already been served in the summer.
Golden Boot Race: How Vardy Extends Lead Over Tammy Abraham
Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has edged clear in the Premier League Golden Boot race after his brace in the Aston Villa game on Saturday evening.
With the help of the two goals against former European champions Aston Villa, Jamie Vardy was able to stretch his lead ahead of Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham.
Jamie Vardy started the weekend with 14 goals in the Premier League, while his Chelsea counterpart Tammy Abraham had 11 goals.
Tammy Abraham was not able to add to his goal tally at Everton despite playing the entire duration of the league game which ended in a 3-1 win for the Toffees at home in the first game of week 16 matches.
- Champions League: Zidane Reveals Why He Substituted Courtois Vs Club Brugge(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Chelsea told to move in for EPL winner(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Mata Picks Out One Leicester City Player Ahead Of Premier League Clash
On his part, Jamie Vardy was in very good form as he scored the first and last goal of the game for Leicester City who thrashed hosts Aston Villa 4-1 to close the gap on league leaders Liverpool to eight points.
Kelechi Iheanacho gave the assist for the first goal of the game scored by Vardy before he turned scorer off a James Maddison to double the Foxes advantage with four first-half minutes left.
Aston Villa playmaker Jack Grealish halved the deficit for the home side at the end of the first half but Leicester went on to score their superiority further with second-half goals from Jonny Evans and Jamie Vardy who now has 16 goals in the league.
Chelsea Contact Barcelona Winger Over Potential Transfer
Chelsea have reportedly contacted Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele over a potential move to Stamford Bridge next summer.
This is according to the report from Spanish media outlet El Desmarque which said that the Blues have sounded out his representatives over a move to West London with the reigning Europa League champions expected to be active in the transfer market after their ban was overturned partially last week.
Chelsea had been slapped with a two-window transfer ban by world football’s governing body FIFA earlier this year for breaking the rules relating to the transfer of young players.
- Arsenal, Chelsea Target Closing In On Wolves Move(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Chelsea Identify First Signing After Transfer Ban(Opens in a new browser tab)
- FIFA Best Player Award: Salah Slams Egyptian FA For This Reason
The FIFA ruling was appealed by Chelsea and subsequently thrown out by the body’s Appeal Committee thereby leading the Blues to take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
According to the CAS verdict delivered on Friday, Chelsea had the ban reduced from two windows to just one window which has already been served in the summer.
Chelsea can now sign players as from the winter transfer market which opens again next month.
Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele has endured a frustrating time at the Nou Camp since his transfer to the club in 2017.
His form has been affected negatively by several injury problems.
Mourinho Wants Serie A Striker At Tottenham
Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly interested in a deal to bring AS Roma striker Edin Dzeko back to the Premier League.
This is according to the Daily Mirror which disclosed that Jose Mourinho has requested for information on the player as he searches for a backup striker to ease the pressure on Harry Kane.
England international captain Harry Kane has been the main striker at Tottenham Hotspur for over five years and new manager Jose Mourinho is keen to give him a helping hand in the form of former Manchester City player Dzeko.
- Harry Kane Sets New Record After Champions League Heroics vs Olympiakos(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Wenger Could Make This Youngster His First Signing(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Brendan Rodgers Named On Four-man Shortlist For Manager Award
AS Roma striker Edin Dzeko was part of the Manchester City team that won the first ever Premier League title for the Citizens under the stewardship of Italian tactician Roberto Mancini during the 2011/12 campaign.
According to the report from the Daily Mirror, ex-Chelsea and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has sent a trusted ally to get one or two things on Edin Dzeko.
Harry Kane showed that he can cope with the workload at Spurs after the Englishman scored two goals to lead his team to a 5-0 win over Burnley at home in the Premier League.
Edin Dzeko has two years on his AS Roma contract at the moment.
Chelsea Set To Hand Defender New Improved Contract
Champions League campaigners Chelsea have concluded plans to give defender Reece James a new contract that will secure his long-term future at the club.
This is according to the publication from the Daily Mirror which said that club bosses have been impressed with Reece James who broke into the first team this season and that they are prepared to offer him a new contract that will see him earn more money.
Recce James came through the ranks at Chelsea before making his first team debut for the club this term.
The young English right-back impressed a great deal while he was on loan at English Championship side Wigan Athletic last season.
- Premier League: Brighton Boss Singles Out Three Players Ahead Of Chelsea Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How Man Utd Talisman Equalled Personal Record vs Man City(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Man Utd Urged To Sign These Premier League Duo In January
Recce James was one of the best players in the English Championship last season.
He has made 14 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea this term with him starting five of the last six games at right-back.
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has had to turn to the young players since the start of this campaign mainly because of the transfer ban imposed on the club and Reece James has benefited immensely.
The Blues have been freed from their transfer ban by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) last week.
Reece James currently has a Chelsea contract that runs until 2022.
Chelsea, Man Utd Handed Big Boost In Jadon Sancho Chase
The Premier League duo of Chelsea and Manchester United have received a huge boost in their pursuit of highly rated England international Jadon Sancho.
This is after it was revealed that Premier League champions Manchester City are not interested in re-signing the young English winger.
Jadon Sancho plays his club football for German Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund at the moment and he joined the 1997 Champions League winners from Manchester City for a fee of around £8m in 2017.
- Man United Eyeing £55m January Swoop For Redhot Champions League Striker(Opens in a new browser tab)
- How Jadon Sancho Off-field Crises Could Benefit Manchester United In January(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: The Legend Backing Chelsea To Beat Struggling Everton
There was a buyback clause in the contract that took Jadon Sancho from Manchester City to Borussia Dortmund two years ago and that gave the Premier League champions first refusal on him if he were to leave the German club.
Manchester City are not interested in re-signing their former player from Borussia Dortmund thus paving the way for interested clubs like Chelsea and Manchester United to sign him.
Jadon Sancho is an important player for Borussia Dortmund as they chase down the pacesetters like Borussia Moenchengladbach and RB Leipzig at the top of the league table in the German top flight.
The England international scored twice for Borussia Dortmund in their last league game which was a 5-0 win over lowly Paderborn on Saturday.
Chelsea Keen To Re-sign 24-year-old Centre Back
Europa League holders Chelsea are reportedly keen to re-sign Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake according to the latest reports coming out of the media in the United Kingdom.
Nathan Ake was at Chelsea until his loan move to Bournemouth was turned into a permanent transfer in the summer of 2017.
The Dutch international centre back initially joined South Coast club Bournemouth on loan at the start of the 2016/17 season while Italian tactician Antonio Conte was still the Blues boss and the player was called back to the Chelsea team with six months of his one-year loan deal gone in January 2017.
- What Unai Emery Said About Dani Ceballos After His Injury(Opens in a new browser tab)
- One Thing Dybala Won’t Accept In His Man Utd Contract Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Three-Man Man Utd Shortlist For January Unveiled(O
Bournemouth paid £20m to sign Nathan Ake from Chelsea later that year and the Telegraph claimed that Chelsea inserted a buyback clause of £40m into the transfer that took the Dutchman to the Vitality Stadium.
Chelsea want to exercise that buyback clause by paying the said transfer fee for him return to West London as the club tries to improve their defensive unit with the addition of new players.
The Blues can sign players now after their remaining one-window transfer ban was canceled upon the appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
Nathan Ake was previously linked with a move to fellow Premier League side Manchester City in the summer.
When Olivier Giroud Will Leave Chelsea Revealed
There has been suggestions that Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud could leave the club in the winter transfer window in January but the player might need to wait for next summer according to the publication from the stables of The Sun.
Giroud has found it hard to play regularly for Chelsea due to the form of Tammy Abraham who has scored 12 goals in all competitions for the West London giants.
The lack of match action has prompted Giroud to consider his options ahead of the January transfer window as he tries to keep his place in the French national team starting XI with the 2020 European Championships on the horizon.
- Arsenal In £36m Bid For Real Madrid Outcast(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Why Giroud’s Move To AC Milan Is Off For This Season(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Another Chelsea Striker Nominated For Goal Of The Month Award
The aforementioned report said that the interested clubs are ready to wait till next summer to sign Olivier Giroud on a free transfer rather than spend money to secure his transfer in January.
Giroud has six months remaining on his Chelsea deal at the moment meaning that the 33-year-old striker can start to speak with the foreign clubs as from January 1 over a free transfer move.
The Frenchman joined Chelsea from fellow London rivals Arsenal in January 2018 and he has already won the Europa League title with them.
Arsenal received £18m for his transfer to Chelsea.