New Brescia signing Mario Balotelli will make a return to Premier League champions Manchester City in September.
The former AC Milan and Liverpool striker will make a return to Manchester City on September 11 for Vincent Kompany’s testimonial.
Ex-Manchester City skipper Vincent Kompany left the Citizens this summer after a decade of meritorious service to the club and has since been unveiled as the player-manager at his former club, Anderlecht FC of Belgium.
The Belgian international led Manchester City to an unprecedented domestic treble last season as they won the Premier League title, the FA Cup title and the Carabao Cup title.
Mario Balotelli will represent the Manchester City legends and the team will be managed by current manager Pep Guardiola.
The Manchester City legends will face the Premier League All-Stars to be managed by Belgian national team manager Roberto Martinez who has previously managed Everton and Wigan Athletic in the Premier League.
Mario Balotelli was a free agent before signing for hometown club Brescia earlier this week.
The controversial Italian international striker has signed a three-year contract with the newly promoted Italian Serie A club.
Brescia are back in the top flight of Italian football after eight years in the lower leagues.
No Italy Call-up For Ex-Liverpool Striker For This Reason
Italian national team manager Roberto Mancini has revealed the reason why Brescia striker Mario Balotelli was not called up to his squad for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Bosnia and Herzegovina and Armenia.
According to him, Ex-Liverpool attacker Mario Balotelli has not done enough to deserve an invitation to the Italy squad.
His last invitation to the Italian national team squad was in September 2018.
Roberto Mancini was reacting to the statement credited to the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) boss Gabriele Gravina.
The FIGC boss had said that Mario Balotelli should be called up to the Italian national team squad to send a message to racists in the country.
- What Ronaldo Did After Being Substituted vs AC Milan Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Giroud Encouraged To Leave Chelsea For More Playing Time(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Kanu Nwankwo Reacts To England Call-ups For Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori
The Italian football scene has been littered with racist incidents and Mario Balotelli has been a victim.
He almost walked out of the recent league game between Hellas Verona and Brescia because of racism.
The Italian striker was cajoled back to the pitch by his Brescia teammates during the game which ended in a 2-1 win for hosts Hellas Verona.
Italy is in very good shape under former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini and they have a perfect record in their Euro 2020 qualifiers.
They have won all their eight games in the qualifiers.
Man Utd Told How Much To Pay For Italian Midfielder
Premier League giants Manchester United have been told the transfer fee required to sign highly rated Italian Midfielder Sandro Tonali.
Sandro Tonali plays his club football for newly promoted side Brescia at the moment.
He has been linked with a move away from the Italian top flight side since the days of Serie B last season.
Brescia secured promotion to the Italian Serie A at the end of the Italian Serie B last season.
Sandro Tonali has been involved with the Italian national team setup this year under the guidance of manager Roberto Mancini.
- What Solskjaer Said About Europa League Draw Vs AZ Alkmaar(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Manchester United: Solskjaer’s January Transfer Market Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Solskjaer Receives Huge Transfer Boost
Manchester United are not the only club interested in the young Italian midfielder as other teams like Inter Milan FC of Italy, European champions Liverpool and Italian champions Juventus have also been linked with his signature.
50 million euros is the transfer fee mooted for the Italian player but Brescia president Massimo Cellino says that it would cost much more to prise away his asset.
Brescia owner Massimo Cellino said that it would take as much as 300 million euros for any club to sign him including Manchester United.
The Red Devils are expected to improve their midfield ahead of the resumption of the transfer market next year.
Man Utd Plotting Big Money Move For Young Italian Midfielder
Premier League giants Manchester United are reportedly planning a move for young Italian midfielder Sandro Tonali as they try to boost their squad in the New Year.
Sandro Tonali plays his club football for Italian Serie A outfit Brescia at the moment.
The news of the transfer for Sandro Tonali was revealed by the Manchester Evening News (MEN).
Sandro Tonali is seen as the heir apparent to the throne of Italian football legend Andrea Pirlo.
At the age of 19, Sandro Tonali has 60 career appearances.
He is a key player for newly promoted Italian Serie A side Brescia whom he helped to secure promotion to the top flight at the end of last season.
Sandro Tonali was a key member of the Brescia team that secured promotion to the top flight from Serie B in the last campaign.
He has continued that form for his club in the Italian Serie A this season.
Manchester United are in need of midfielders in the New Year and Sandro Tonali would be a perfect addition to the Red Devils squad though they will have to pay at least 35 million pounds to secure his transfer from the Italian club.
He fits the profile of a player wanted by Manchester United.
Man Utd Send Scouts To Watch ‘Next Pirlo’ During Serie A Match
Premier League giants Manchester United reportedly sent scouts to run the rule over Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali.
This is according to the latest reports coming out of the Italian media.
Sandro Tonali has been attracting the interest of several clubs because of his impressive performances for Brescia dating back to when they were in the Italian Serie B last season.
Brescia were promoted to the Italian Serie A at the end of last season.
According to Calciomercato, Manchester United scouts were in attendance for the sole purpose of watching Sandro Tonali in action for Brescia last weekend.
Brescia hosted Bologna in what was a week three game in the Italian Serie A.
Sandro Tonali ended on the losing side after Brescia were beaten 4-3 by the visitors.
The young Italian midfielder has one assist from his three games so far in the league this season.
He has been invited to the Italian national team by manager Roberto Mancini on two occasions.
Manchester United were not the only club in attendance during the weekend’s league game between Brescia and Bologna.
Dutch Eredivisie giants Ajax Amsterdam and German Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund also had scouts in attendance during the game which ended in a seven-goal thriller.
Mario Balotelli’s New Club Confirmed
Italian international striker Mario Balotelli has signed for hometown club Brescia on a free transfer.
His free transfer move to Brescia was confirmed by the club earlier on Monday.
He has signed a three-year contract until the end of the 2021/22 season.
Brescia are back in the Italian top flight for the first time in eight years (since 2011) and they have made a big statement with the signing of former Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli.
The 29-year-old was a free agent before he was snapped up his hometown club.
Mario Balotelli became a free agent this summer after the former Liverpool star left French Ligue 1 giants Marseille.
He was released by the former European champions after his short-term deal ended this summer.
Mario Balotelli had earlier joined Marseille as a free agent during the winter transfer window in January.
He teamed up with 1993 Champions League winners Marseille after his contract with fellow French Ligue 1 side OGC Nice was terminated.
Balotelli fell out with then OGC Nice manager Patrick Vieira and that led to the termination of his contract.
He was a Liverpool player for just one season before leaving for Italian Serie A giants AC Milan.
Brescia would be his third Italian club after Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Olivier Giroud Wanted By New Serie A Team
Newly promoted Italian Serie A club Brescia have launched an audacious bid to sign Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud during this summer’s transfer window.
This is according to the latest media reports coming out of Italy.
It was revealed that Brescia want Olivier Giroud to spearhead their attack ahead of the new season.
Brescia are one of the three newly promoted teams of the Italian Serie A ahead of the new season billed to start towards the end of August.
According to the specific publication from popular Italian transfer news portal Tuttosport, Brescia are serious about a move for Giroud who recently extended his contract at Chelsea.
He had few weeks left on his current deal at Chelsea but the West Londoners have quickly moved to activate the extra year in his contract to take him to the end of the upcoming season.
Olivier Giroud had earlier signed an 18-month contract when he joined Chelsea from London rivals Arsenal in January 2018 with the option of another year.
The 32-year-old played a starring role for Chelsea against his former club Arsenal during their Europa League final clash which ended in a 4-1 win for the Blues.
It remains to be seen whether the French World Cup winner will have a role to play under the new managerial dispensation following the exit of Maurizio Sarri.