Connect with us

Sports

Liverpool told that Frankfurt they are still waiting for offer for £60m target

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Luka Jovic

German Bundesliga outfit Eintracht Frankfurt have told Liverpool and other suitors that there are yet to receive any offer for their target Luka Jovic, a club official revealed.

Luka Jovic has been on the radar of the Reds team for some months back and the Merseyside outfit made efforts in the last winter transfer window but failed to pull a deal through.

However, with interest coming up again from Liverpool and their long-term rivals Man United and claims that bids have already been submitted, Eintracht Frankfurt supervisory board chairman Wolfgang Steubing said it is untrue.

According to him, the club are yet to receive any official offer from the two English Premier League sides.

Luka Jovic has been impressive so far this season and was on the score sheet in his Serbia’s 1-1 draw against Germany on Wednesday, to add to the 15 goals he has scored in the German Bundesliga in 18 starts.

The club official stated that there have been speculations over the social media on his player moving away, noting that there is nothing close to that as he has not received any offer from any of the clubs.

However, this can be regarded as a call to the Merseyside outfit that an offer is being expected for Luka Jovic.

Timothy Aiyeku is a Mass Communication graduate from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He is a sports, everything football analyst.