The insinuations that Brazilian international Philippe Coutinho would be welcomed back to the Anfield should he leave the Spanish La Liga outfit Barcelona has been dismissed by the club’s legend Danny Murphy.
According to Danny Murphy, the club’ supporters will reject the Barcelona star and will not give the club needed support as they feel hurt about his departure.
It would be recalled that Philippe Coutinho forced a big money move out of the Merseyside club last year winter transfer window only to arrive the La Liga outfit and struggle to secure playing time as he has been favoured behind Ousmane Dembele in the team.
Suggestions are that the Barcelona star is already frustrated and would be seeking a move away from the club which is the reason why it was speculated that he would be returning back to his former club.
However, Danny Murphy said the fans will be the first to reject any move by the club to return the star player as he noted that they would no longer want him at the Anfield.
Meanwhile, Philippe Coutinho was linked with a number of clubs in the last winter transfer window with the likes of Chelsea and PSG seeking to land him but it did not work until the close of the window.
Chelsea finally get good news on transfer ban
English Premier League outfit Chelsea will now breath fresh air as they have been told that their appeal for the transfer ban would be heard by the world football governing body on April 11.
This means that the West London outfit have got a chance to engage in this coming summer transfer window should they succeed in the appeal.
It would be recalled that the West London outfit were handed ban, not to engage in the next two transfer window after they were found guilty of international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.
As soon as the judgment was passed, the Blues’ management in their reaction vowed to appeal the ban and this could be the time for them to be heard by FIFA.
This brings hope that the ban could be listed fully or it could be reduced, depending on their argument and the evidence they have to tender.
It has therefore been hinted that the West London outfit will not give up even if they lose in the appeal as they will proceed to the Court of Arbitration for Sports to make their case.
However, it is suggested that the transfer ban will in many ways determine the fate of the club in next season’s competitions.
How Liverpool will win the league, biggest prediction made
A former Liverpool player John Aldridge is of the opinion that his former side will end up winning the English Premier League title but that will not happen without them losing some points before the end of the season.
The Merseyside outfit are currently top in the Premier League table with two points clear of second-placed Man City with about 7 games left until the end of the season but the Citizens have a game at hand.
After finishing second last season in the Premier League, the Jurgen Klopp side are keen to win the title this season and they have been able to keep up the fight until now.
John Aldridge, therefore, stated that his former side are not convincing that they will win every game until the end of the season but noted that the Pep Guardiola can be uncertain especially with their performance at Swansea in the FA Cup.
He has therefore stressed that the Reds team have got all it takes with the defence and the firing attack to make the difference.
However, the Merseyside outfit have not won a domestic title in 29 years which is the reason why they are desperate to make history by breaking the deadlock.
Kante gives perfect reply to Chelsea exit talks
France international N’Golo Kante has reacted to claims that he would be leaving the West London outfit Chelsea to join Spanish La Liga outfit Real Madrid.
It is claimed that the former Leicester City star is unhappy at the Stamford Bridge under Maurizio Sarri because of the decision to shift him to a more advanced role in the midfield, different from his natural role.
When asked if he would jump at any offer from the Spanish La Liga outfit Real Madrid, he refused to be linked with the speculations as he made it clear that he is a Chelsea player and will not want to be drawn into talks with other clubs.
He noted that he has targets at the West London outfit and will want to have it accomplished even before his move.
N’Golo Kante has made it clear that he has no issue with where he plays or not as he is happy and willing to play anywhere the manager wants him to be.
However, the Chelsea team have not been able to meet with their target and they are in the risk of missing out of the Champions League for the second year because of their inability to remain in the top-four.
“Frustrated” at lack of playing time, Christensen drops big transfer hint, Hazard future
Chelsea star Andreas Christensen who is frustrated at his lack of playing time at the Stamford Bridge has dropped a big hint on the transfer plans of the players at the club and his future as well.
Left to Andreas Christensen, he would have pushed for a move away from the club as he has not been favoured with playing time in the manager Maurizio Sarri team.
But the coming transfer window will be a no-go area for the West London outfit as they have been banned from the next two transfer window by the world football governing body FIFA because of an offence of involving deals of players under 18.
However, Andreas Christensen has revealed that the players have been told by the club that no one would be leaving, including Belgium international Eden Hazard because they will not be able to appeal the ruling against them.
This, therefore, means that Eden Hazard might not secure his dream move away from the Stamford Bridge at the end of the season to Spanish La Liga outfit Real Madrid.
However, it is unclear what the Belgium international would do as he could force his way out of the club against the wish of the management.
You won’t believe what Alisson Becker said about life at Liverpool
Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has taken us through how he has been faring at the Anfield since joining the club from the Italian Serie A outfit AS Roma in the last summer.
Alisson Becker said he is just settling at the club because he is now getting familiar with his teammates as well as the English language which he never knew before. He revealed to have been attending regular English classes to be able to communicate better.
The Brazilian stopper has not just become an important figure in the Reds team, having helped to correct last season’s mistakes at the pole. He is settling down with his new environment.
He noted that his biggest challenge aside blending with the team is to get used to the accent in Liverpool which is quite different from what is obtainable in England.
However, he noted that he met a Brazilian, Roberto Firmino who also helped him settle in the team but stressed that every member of the Liverpool team is important to him and their performance in the team.
Meanwhile, the contest for the English Premier League title continues immediately after the international break and Brazilian stopper Alisson Becker is key to their progress.
Mourinho’s latest dig at Klopp and Pochettino
Controversial manager Jose Mourinho is at it again and this time he has decided to take a dig at Liverpool and Tottenham bosses, Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino respectively.
The two managers are yet to win any trophy since they took over their respective clubs but they have been hailed for their impact in changing the face of their teams and returning them back as contenders to make the contest for the title win more intense.
This does not make any sense to the former Man United boss as he feels that it is impossible to play fine football and make an impact without winning a single silverware.
He noted that football is all about winning and there is no need to be in it if you do not win as he boasted that despite being jobless at the moment, he won trophies in all of the clubs he has managed, including his last offer.
However, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has the chance to win this season as he is in the race for the English Premier League title with a two-point lead ahead of Man City while he is still in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
For Mauricio Pochettino, his Tottenham team are also in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League.
Another former Chelsea player reveals the incredible reason why he left Stamford Bridge
Former Chelsea player and legend Florent Malouda has revealed why he was forced to leave the Stamford Bridge against his wish at the time he did so.
The Chelsea legend spent six seasons with the West London outfit where he won a Premier League title and three FA Cups, to add to the UEFA Champions League he won with the Blues team.
All of the feats ended in the other way round as Florent Malouda was unhappy at the club in his last season because he was asked to take an £80,000 pay cut during the summer which he refused.
The result for him was to be left out of the Blues squad from all of the competitions they competed in before he left to Turkey to join Trabzonspor the next summer.
Now that it is history, Florent Malouda, who spoke on the Legend of Legends, said his last days at the West London outfit was not funny because there was a serious disagreement with the club.
He, therefore, exposed that there were threats and conspiracy against him, just like it was done with Nikolas Anelka and Alex after they won the Champions League.
Florent Malouda concluded by stating that he was a victim because he was not scared of how he would have been treated for speaking out his mind.
Klopp makes U-turn on this player, transfer decision made already
It was earlier thought that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will keep fate with his summer signing Naby Keita but that might not happen again as he is reported to have had a change of mind about him.
Naby Keita is less than a year at the Anfield but he is yet to give his best to the team and has been out of the first 11 owing to his inability to beat the competition in the team despite the faith in him by the German boss.
He had a superb last season at the German Bundesliga with his former side but he has failed to replicate that in the English Premier League to help the Reds team with the push for the title because of his very slow start.
However, it is now being reported that the former Borussia Dortmund manager will have to part ways with the star midfielder as he can no longer keep him at the club because of his financial burden and his little contribution to the team.
This might as well affect the decision of the manager not to sign any major player in the coming summer transfer window as there would be a need to secure a replacement for Naby Keita if he leaves.
How Mourinho “killed me”, former Chelsea star
Former Chelsea star and Nigerian international John Obi Mikel has lamented how his career fell short of expectation under the former boss Jose Mourinho in the early days of his career at the Stamford Bridge.
John Obi Mikel recalled how he first got sent off in his first game for the Blues because of the speed of the game which took him a while to understand.
It would be recalled that the Super Eagles captain joined the West London outfit in 2006 from Lyn Oslo at the age of 19 after Man United failed to secure his signature because of his impressive performance during the 2005 U-20 World Cup in the Netherlands where he was the tournament’s second best player.
At that time, John Obi Mikel had gotten offers from a number of top European clubs before he opted for the West London outfit and he almost regretted the decision during his early days because of the demands of the manager and the pace of the league.
He recalled how he was naughty and most at times got late to training as well as wear the wrong dress code but he was later put through by the Portuguese manager who will not take any excuse for wrongdoings.
Why Liverpool must worry about Mane’s future
There are now many reasons why Liverpool and their supporters must be worried about the future of Senegal international Sadio Mane at the club after he has been linked with a move away from the club.
It was earlier reported that Spanish La Liga outfit Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has told the club to ensure the signature of Sadio Mane immediately he signed for the club for the second spell.
The speculations were earlier dismissed and not taken seriously by the Merseyside supporters but now, the news of the interest for Sadio Mane is now seen on the front page of the newspapers in Spain which gives it a little press.
Monday’s edition of Spanish sport daily Marca are also reporting that the Senegal international is needed at the Spanish capital.
However, Sadio Mane is in his best form so far this season and has been helpful to the Reds team, having scored 11 goals in his last 11 games to ensure they press on with the contest for the English Premier League title.
The Merseyside outfit are yet to make any claim on the star player but there are suggestions that he would not be allowed to leave the club for no amount of money.
Chelsea3 months ago
Official! Chelsea complete another signing after successful medicals
Chelsea3 months ago
Star winger jets into London to seal Chelsea deal
Chelsea5 months ago
‘I am ready to play for Sarri’ – Chelsea target
Chelsea4 months ago
Willian tells Sarri who to replace Morata, Grioud?
Chelsea1 year ago
Deal Almost Done as Serie A star agrees to join Chelsea on £80,000-weekly deal – report
Chelsea7 months ago
“The King is back”- “Could help develop Morata” Good news for Chelsea fans.
Chelsea3 months ago
Breakthrough deal! Chelsea to announce new signing in new year
Chelsea1 year ago
Done Deal! Striker sends message to Chelsea as he’s finally unveiled