Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian has talked up a possible return to Italy some weeks before the mid-season transfer window begins.
The Italian international fullback spoke about his desire to return to Italy in a chat with popular Italian media outlet calciomercato.
The 29-year-old confirmed his desire to move back to Italy while he was being asked whether or not he missed his native country.
Darmian also revealed that he bears no grudge against AC Milan when the player was asked about his thoughts ahead of their game against Torino on Sunday.
Matteo Darmian had a largely unsuccessful spell at AC Milan earlier in his career.
Torino and AC Milan are two of his former clubs.
He signed for Manchester United from Torino in a deal worth £12.7m in the summer of 2015.
Darmian signed a four-year contract then til the summer of 2019.
He has just six months left on his current Manchester United deal and that has prompted transfer talks linking him with a move out of the club.
Inter Milan have been touted as a potential transfer destination for him at the end of his Manchester United contract.
He can start to speak with foreign clubs about a potential free transfer move as from the 1st of January.
Man United To Offer Real Madrid Target New Contract
Premier League giants Manchester United have concluded plans to offer striker Marcus Rashford a new deal to ward off the interest of several European heavyweights.
European champions Real Madrid and Italian Serie A giants Juventus have previously linked with a move for the England international attacker while Jose Mourinho was the Manchester United manager.
Marcus Rashford was said to be frustrated with life at Old Trafford while Portuguese tactician was in charge of the Manchester United team.
Jose Mourinho was sacked from his job at the club last month after he masterminded the Red Devils’ poor start to the season.
Manchester United made the worst start to the season in the Premier League era under Jose Mourinho.
The former Chelsea and FC Porto manager has since been replaced by ex-Red Devils striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who has maintained an 100% winning record at the club following the run of six wins from six games.
Marcus Rashford has thrived under Solskjaer and the club is ready to reward him with a new deal.
The Daily Mirror claim that Manchester United will double the player’s wages for the new contract.
Rashford was the hero for Manchester United in their last league game against Tottenham Hotspur after netting the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win at the Wembley Stadium.
Gunnar Solskjaer Dismisses Loan Exit Rumours For McTominay
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has debunked loan exit rumours surrounding one of his midfielders in this January transfer window.
Red Devils midfielder Scott McTominay has been heavily linked with a transfer away from the club this month.
The 22-year-old has been touted as a loan transfer acquisition for several Scottish Premiership and English Championship sides.
Ex-Red Devils striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dismissed the loan transfer rumours during his pre-match press conference ahead of the Premier League clash with Brighton and Hove Albion at Old Trafford on Saturday evening.
Solskjaer said that he does not expect Scott McTominay to leave the club on loan in the current January transfer window.
McTominay has featured just once under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer since the Norwegian was named the interim manager at Manchester United.
He played for the Red Devils during the 2-0 defeat handed out to English Championship side Reading in the third round of the FA Cup.
Manchester United have been a different outfit from the one under Jose Mourinho since Solskjaer took over.
They have won their last six games in all competitions with the latest victory coming in the Premier League clash with Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday evening.
Marcus Rashford scored the only goal of the game to hand his side a 1-0 away win over Spurs.
Man United Suffer Big Transfer Blow As Marouane Fellaini Is Ruled Out With Calf Injury
Three-time European champions Manchester United have been dealt a big transfer blow after midfielder Marouane Fellaini was ruled out of action for a long period.
The Belgian international midfielder is almost certain to miss the next four to six weeks of football action after he suffered a calf injury.
Marouane Fellaini has fallen out of favour at Manchester United since former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer became the manager.
Norwegian tactician Solskjaer was made the Red Devils manager until the end of the season after Jose Mourinho was dismissed from his job as the Manchester United boss.
The Old Trafford giants were hoping to raise around £15m from the sale of Marouane Fellaini but the latest development might have jeopardized the club’s ability to raise money by selling him.
Several clubs were interested in a transfer for Fellaini and it remains to be seen whether they will retain their interest in him despite the aforementioned calf injury.
European teams like Italian Serie A club AC Milan and Portuguese champions FC Porto have registered their interest in Marouane Fellaini alongside Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande.
Former Everton midfielder Fellaini has played just one game for Manchester United since Solskjaer became the manager and that was in the 2-0 victory over Reading at home in the third round of the FA Cup.
Aaron Ramsey To Earn £300,000 At Juventus
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is one of the highest paid British footballers on the world football stage after he signed a contract with Italian Serie A giants Juventus.
Three-time European champions Manchester United were keen on signing Aaron Ramsey on a free transfer before the Red Devils lost out on the race to sign the Welsh international star to the Italians.
According to the report from trusted English news portal The Times, Aaron Ramsey will be paid £300,000 per week at Juventus after signing a pre-contract agreement to join them at the end of his Arsenal contract in the summer.
Welshman Ramsey will team up with his new teammates at the Juventus Stadium upon the expiration of his Arsenal contract at the end of this season.
Apart from Manchester United, other clubs were also interested in the former Cardiff City player.
German champions Bayern Munich, Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan and Chelsea were also keen to sign Aaron Ramsey.
He has six months left on his Arsenal contract and can start free transfer talks with clubs outside England.
Various media reports claim that an official announcement on his free transfer move to Juventus will be made next month having already done his medical with the club.
Man United Fail In Bid To Offload Marcos Rojo Three Times
It has been revealed that Manchester United tried to offload one of their defenders on three occasions but failed to achieve their aim.
According to the Manchester Evening News, the Red Devils have tried to sell Marcos Rojo three times.
Argentine international defender Rojo was one of the players signed under the managerial reign of Dutchman Louis Van Gaal (LVG).
Rojo joined Manchester United from Portuguese Super League giants Sporting Lisbon in 2014.
Manchester United first tried to offload him in 2015 and then in 2016 following the £30m signing of Ivorian international Eric Bailly from Spanish La Liga outfit Villarreal in the summer of that year.
The Red Devils tried to get Marcos Rojo off their payroll last year with fellow Premier League side Everton interested in him but his weekly wages proved to be a major stumbling block to a possible move.
Marcos Rojo is one of several Manchester United players with just few months left on their respective contracts and it’s almost certain that the Argentine won’t be offered a new deal that will see him stay at the club beyond this summer.
Club captain Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Andreas Pereira, Juan Manuel Mata, and Ander Herrera also have less than six months left on their contracts at Old Trafford.
Man United In Three-Way Battle For Premier League Right-back
Three-time European champions Manchester United are in a three-way battle in their quest to sign one of the young prospects on the Premier League scene.
The Daily Mirror claim that the Red Devils have to battle with rivals Manchester City and Chelsea for Crystal Palace right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
It was revealed that the three clubs have been scouting the young England defender.
The 21-year-old has been in sensational form for the Eagles in what’s his breakthrough season in the colours of the South London club.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka has played all but one of the Eagles’ Premier League games this season and that was because of suspension.
Wan-Bissaka has replaced Joel Ward as the first choice right-back at Crystal Palace.
Manchester United will have to fend off the interest of both Manchester City and Chelsea for Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
The Red Devils want to improve their squad on the defensive front in the wake of a very poor defensive record this season.
Manchester United have conceded 32 goals alone this season in 22 league games this term in addition to just four clean sheets all season.
The Red Devils defence was back to the best at the weekend after they kept a rare clean sheet in the 1-0 away win over top four rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
Inter Milan To Offer Man United Transfer Target A New Contract
Manchester United have been dealt a big blow in the bid to sign highly rated Inter Milan centre back Milan Skriniar following the news that his club will sit down with his representatives over a new deal next month.
Milan Skriniar plays his club football with Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan at the moment.
The 23-year-old has been a key player for Inter Milan since he joined the Nerazzurri from fellow Italian top flight side Sampdoria at the start of last season in a deal worth £20m.
The Slovakian international defender is widely regarded as one of the best centre backs on the Italian football scene alongside the likes of Napoli centre back Kalidou Koulibaly and Juventus star Giorgio Chiellini.
His Inter Milan form has been attracting the interests of two major European clubs namely Manchester United and Barcelona.
Spanish La Liga champions Barcelona have already turned their attention to Ajax Amsterdam defender Matthijs De Ligt thus giving the Red Devils a free run at Milan Skriniar.
The Slovakian centre back would certainly add defensive solidity to the Manchester United team but a transfer is a long way off with the player contracted to Inter Milan until the end of the 2021/22 season.
Everton In Bid To Re-sign Man United Midfielder
Merseyside giants Everton have been linked with a move for Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini with the Toffees keen to sign the Belgian international star during the ongoing January transfer window.
The Daily Mirror has revealed that Manchester United are ready to listen to offers for Marouane Fellaini who has been on the fringes of the Manchester United team since Norwegian tactician Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took charge of the Red Devils first team.
Solskjaer was named the interim manager at Old Trafford in December in the wake of the dismissal of Jose Mourinho.
The former Chelsea and Manchester United manager lost his job last month after an underwhelming start to this season.
Fellaini was a regular fixture in the Manchester United first team under Jose Mourinho but he has lost his place since Solskjaer came into the picture at the club.
Without Marouane Fellaini, Manchester United have won the last six games in all competitions under the guidance of Solskjaer.
Fellaini played in just one of those games as he came on as a second half substitute in the 2-0 home win over Championship side Reading in their FA Cup third round clash.
Fellaini signed for Manchester United in the summer of 2013 from Everton.
Man United Made To Wait Until Summer To Sign Italy-based Winger
Premier League giants Manchester United might need to wait till the summer before they can sign Juventus winger Douglas Costa.
This is according to the publication from Italian media portal Calciomercato.
Douglas Costa has been linked with a move to Manchester United with earlier reports claiming that the Red Devils will sign the Brazilian international star in a £36m deal this month.
Those reports proved to be wide off the mark.
The aforementioned publication revealed that Italian Serie A giants Juventus don’t have an intention of sanctioning an exit for the former Shakhtar Donetsk winger in the current January transfer window.
Douglas Costa initially joined Juventus from German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich on a temporary deal at the start of last season.
He signed for the Old Lady on a season-long deal and impressed a great deal during the loan contract before the transfer was made permanent last summer in a £44m deal.
Douglas Costa has not had the same impact in this campaign like what was obtainable in the black and white of Juventus last season.
He could be a direct replacement for Manchester United flop Alexis Sanchez who has not been able to reproduce his good Arsenal form at Old Trafford since he left the Gunners in January 2018.
Man United To Revive Interest In Real Madrid Star
Premier League giants Manchester United will reportedly revive their interest in Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale.
The Welsh international star has been a long-term target of the Red Devils dating back to his time with Tottenham Hotspur.
Manchester United were keen on signing him before he left Tottenham Hotspur for Real Madrid for a then world-record fee of around £85.3m.
The new interest of Manchester United in Gareth Bale was revealed by The Sun who claim that the Red Devils could sign him if England fail to negotiate a deal with the European Union (EU) as regards Brexit.
The failure to agree on a deal on the part of England will mean that Gareth Bale will have to leave Real Madrid and Spain thus paving the way for Manchester United to swoop for him.
Gareth Bale has been a wonderful servant for Real Madrid in his almost six-year stay with the Champions League holders.
The 29-year-old was part of the Real Madrid team that won a third successive Champions League title via a 3-1 victory over Premier League table toppers Liverpool in their final clash in Kiev.
Bale produced a Man-of-the-Match (MotM) display as he scored two goals to lead Real Madrid to victory.
Chelsea2 weeks ago
Official! Chelsea complete another signing after successful medicals
Chelsea2 weeks ago
Star winger jets into London to seal Chelsea deal
Chelsea3 months ago
‘I am ready to play for Sarri’ – Chelsea target
Chelsea12 months ago
Deal Almost Done as Serie A star agrees to join Chelsea on £80,000-weekly deal – report
Chelsea2 months ago
Willian tells Sarri who to replace Morata, Grioud?
Chelsea5 months ago
“The King is back”- “Could help develop Morata” Good news for Chelsea fans.
Chelsea4 weeks ago
Breakthrough deal! Chelsea to announce new signing in new year
Chelsea1 year ago
Medical done, Chelsea star all set for January transfer