Connect with us

EPL

Injury: Firmino’s situation after the match against Tottenham

Published

on

Roberto Firmino

Liverpool were really bright against the ever ready Tottenham and for once, Mauricio Pochettino admitted that Liverpool were better and would have even scored more goals.

One thing that would bother Klopp is the Brazilian forward, Firmino who sustained ian njury in the middle of the game.

There was a hit in the second half by Belgian defender Vertonghen but every YNWA fans would be worried about the state of their goal poacher when he left the pitch.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was tentative about the situation, meanwhile in the interview after the match he said:

“I have no clue what exactly happened,” said Klopp. “But it is something with his eye and, at the moment, it is not comfortable for him.”

But the Brazilian later calmed the nerves of the fans when he told the interviewers what really went wrong.
He notably said he was “OK” and added that:

“It was just a scare, my eye is OK and so am I. Thank you for all the support and see you soon.”

So Incase you’ve been nervous about Firmino’s situation because of his contributions on the pitch, after netting yet another goal against a strong opposition, no need to worry cause he would be part of the trios that would face Paris st Germain on Tuesday.

England vs Switzerland Int. Friendly: Two Liverpool players to start in predicted line-up: Analysis and prediction

Loading...
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Arsenal

Arsenal €32m Bid Rejected

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Cengiz Under

Arsenal have been dealt a huge blow in their pursuit of highly rated AS Roma winger Cengiz Under following the news that the Gunners have had a €32m rejected for the player.

This is coming with just under three weeks left before the start of the latest transfer market.

Italian media portal Tuttomercato claim that the Gunners made a €32m bid for the player before adding that it was swiftly rejected by the Italian capital club.

Arsenal are in need of forward reinforcements in the wake of the injury to Danny Welbeck.

The 27-year-old will miss the rest of the season after he sustained a serious ankle injury in the Europa League clash with Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon at the Emirates Stadium.

He underwent two separate operations on the ankle and has been ruled out until next year.

The Gunners are expected to face several oppositions in their quest to sign Cengiz Under who is one of most exciting players on the European continent.

The Turkish international player has grown to become a key player for Roma since he joined the Giallarossi last year from Bursaspor FC of Turkey.

He was an integral part of the Roma squad that reached the Champions League semifinals last season.

Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur are other clubs said to be interested in signing the young winger.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Arsenal

Report! Arsenal Target Has 80% Chance Of Leaving Club

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Denis Suarez

Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez is said to be fed up with life under manager Ernesto Valverde following his lack of game time this season.

The report from Spanish media outlet RAC1 reveals that Denis Suarez has 80% chance of leaving Barcelona when the transfer window reopens in the next few weeks.

The Spaniard has set his sights on leaving the club in search of more first team action with several clubs interested in the 24-year-old.

Denis Suarez has strongly linked with the Premier League with clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea.

Earlier reports had stated that the player favours a move to North London giants Arsenal.

Gunners boss Unai Emery is said to be in the market for midfield reinforcements with doubts over the futures of Arsenal midfielders Aaron Ramsey and Mohamed ElNeny.

Welsh international star Ramsey is out of contract next summer with the club not keen to offer him a new deal, while Egyptian midfielder ElNeny has fallen out of favour with Gunners boss Unai Emery.

Spanish international star Dennis Suarez returned to Barcelona in the summer of 2016 from fellow La Liga side Villareal but he has failed to nail down a starting spot at the Nou Camp.

He has made five appearances for Barcelona in all competitions this season.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Man United To Splash £100m On Serie A Defender

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Kalidou Koulibaly

Premier League giants Manchester United are ready splash a whooping sum of £100m on one of the best players in the Italian Serie A.

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has been a key player for the club since he signed for the Italians from Belgian champions Genk in 2014.

His quality has attracted the attention of several clubs on the European scene including Manchester United

Italian media outlet Corriere dello Sport claim that Manchester United are willing to bid at least £100m for the Senegalese international centre back.

It was further revealed that the Red Devils have had two bids rejected for the player.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho requested for a new centre back in the summer but the Portuguese tactician was left red-faced after the club failed to sign anyone.

The three-time European champions want to correct that mistake in the summer by signing a new defensive player when the January transfer window reopens in the next few weeks.

The Red Devils have been strongly linked with a move for the aforementioned Koulibaly who was a previous target for Maurizio Sarri and Chelsea during the summer’s transfer market.

Apart from Kalidou Koulibaly, Manchester United have also been linked with other centre backs such as Toby Alderweireld and Milan Skriniar.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Confirmed! Man United Open To Sale Of £30m Rated Defender

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Eric Bailly

Three-time European champions Manchester United are reportedly open to the idea of selling defender Eric Bailly ahead of the upcoming transfer window billed to start as from next month.

This is according to the publication from popular English news portal Metro.

Ivorian international centre back Eric Bailly is already attracting interests from a lot of European heavyweights.

Arsenal, AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur have all been mooted as potential transfer destinations for the 24-year-old but it remains to be seen whether the Red Devils would want to sanction his sale to top four rivals like Arsenal and Tottenham.

Manchester United have made the signing of a new centre back the priority when the January transfer window reopens.

It was also revealed that they want to sell both Eric Bailly and Marcos Rojo to fund a transfer for a new centre back.

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has emerged as the top defensive transfer target for Manchester United.

Koulibaly, 27, is one of the best centre backs in European football.

The Senegalese international player has grown to be a key component of the Napoli squad since he signed for the Italian Serie A giants from Belgian champions Genk in 2014.

Latest reports claim that Manchester United are ready to splash £100m on him after two bids had earlier been rejected for the player.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Almost Done! Man United Defender Set For January Exit

Segun Amuda

Published

on

antonio valencia

Manchester United skipper Antonio Valencia could leave the club next month after falling out of favour with manager Jose Mourinho.

The Red Devils defender is said to have told friends that he might have to leave Old Trafford if he wants to get back to playing football regularly.

This is according to the report from popular English media portal The Times.

Ecuadorian international star Valencia was a regular fixture in the Manchester United team under Jose Mourinho until earlier this season when he liked an Instagram post calling for the Portuguese tactician to get out of the club.

He was frozen out of the team until he returned to the Manchester United starting XI this week in the Champions League.

Antonio Valencia played his first Manchester United game in over two months during the 2-1 defeat at the hands of Spanish La Liga side Valencia at the Mestalla in the Champions League.

He would be hoping to feature again for the Red Devils when they travel to Anfield to take on Premier League leaders Liverpool on Sunday evening in what’s a league clash.

West Ham United manager Manuel Pellegrini has been credited with an interest in the 33-year-old who’s the longest serving senior player at the club after joining from Wigan Athletic in 2009.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Man United Star Set To Pen Lucrative £400,000 p/w Contract

Segun Amuda

Published

on

de gea

Manchester United fans have received a big boost ahead of the Red Devils’ upcoming Premier League clash with Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday evening.

This is due to the fact that Red Devils shot stopper David De Gea has told friends that he will sign a new contract to extend his stay at Manchester United according to The Sun via teamtalk.

It was revealed that the Spanish international goalkeeper will sign a new contract that will make him the club’s highest earner alongside expensive flop Alexis Sanchez.

His weekly salary could be around £400,000 including bonuses and the new contract will take the 28-year-old into his 30s.

The new development will have handed a huge blow to the pursuit of the player by two European heavyweights Paris Saint Germain (PSG) and Juventus.

French Ligue 1 champions PSG are ready to spend as much as £60m on De Gea in their bid to make him the long-term replacement for veteran shot stopper Gianlugi Buffon.

Italian giants Juventus want to offer him a lucrative contract in what would be a free transfer move at the end of his Manchester United contract in 2020.

David De Gea had six months left on his present contract before the club activated the additional one year clause to potentially take his time with the club to at least the end of next season.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Man United Legend Believes Controversial Player Is Primed For January Exit

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Paul Pogba

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince has revealed that controversial figure Paul Pogba is primed for an exit from the club when the January transfer window reopens in three weeks time.

The Manchester United legend was speaking in an interview monitored by the London Evening Standard.

According to Paul Ince, French World Cup winner Paul Pogba is nearing the Manchester United exit with the series of happenings at the club.

Big things were expected from the 25-year-old at Manchester United at the start of this season shortly after he played a big part for France in their title triumph at this summer’s FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia but the Frenchman has not been able to reproduce the form he showed for French national team.

Instead, Paul Pogba has become disillusioned with life at Old Trafford following his constant feud with manager Jose Mourinho amidst strong interest from former club Juventus.

He was dropped from the Manchester United last week after Mourinho labelled him a ‘virus’ in the presence of his teammates.

The 25-year-old returned to the starting lineup for the dead rubber Champions League game against Valencia at the Mestalla on Wednesday night but the Manchester United Academy graduate didn’t do much as the Red Devils were beaten 2-1 by their hosts.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea defensive target set to commit future with club

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Daniele Rugani

Chelsea long-term target and Juventus star Daniele Rugani is set to remain at the Italian side following reports that he could pen a new deal at the club.

This was disclosed by Daniele Rugani’s agent Davide Torchia who stated that the Turin side are bent on putting an end to the speculation on the player’s future and have started plans to hold talks for a new negotiation with the player.

The agent who spoke to Radio Sportiva made it clear that a fresh contract for Daniele Rugani at Turin is already at the corner as he tactically dismissed reports of any move for the star.

He noted that the West London side are not alone in the bid for the player but he will not be sold because of the believe the club has in him to deliver good performance for the club.

Daniele Rugani is well known to Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri as they both worked together at Italian club Empoli which makes the Blues keen to have him at the Stamford Bridge.

The West London side will be left with no option than to move in for other targets that will help challenge for the Premier League title this season.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Liverpool stops loan move for out-of-favour star

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Divock Origi

English Premier League giants Liverpool are reported to have stopped a loan offer for Belgian forward Divock Origi from the Turkish topflight side Galatasaray.

Reports claim that the Turkish side were already preparing a bid ahead of the winter transfer window which reopens in coming weeks having indicated interest in the player but they could no longer have their way.

Divock Origi has not been favoured in the Manager Jurgen Klopp team as he has gone down the pecking order in the list of attackers with Senegal international Sadio Mane and Egypt international Mohamed Salah already ahead of him.

However, the Reds have refused to let him go as they made it clear that he would be needed as a good backup for the second stanza of the season which is expected to prove more challenging.

Divock Origi proved his worth to the German boss as he came in to deliver a great win for the Reds team in their Merseyside derby against Everton.

Meanwhile, the Liverpool side are now top in the Premier League table which leaves them with no choice than to keep hold of their assets so as to be able to beat off the title competition from Manchester City and Chelsea as well.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Man United Forward Will Push For Return To Former Club, Ex-Winger Reveals

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Alexis Sanchez

Former Manchester United winger Andrei Kanchelskis believes that forward Alexis Sanchez will push for a return to former club Arsenal.

Kanchelskis made this known in a chat monitored by the Daily Star.

According to him, the Chilean international forward has endured a frustrating spell in the colours of Manchester United for the last one year and he could be pushing for a move back to Arsenal where he enjoyed a fruitful three-and-a-half-year spell.

The former Manchester United player further revealed that a return to the Emirates Stadium would definitely be in doubt as a result of the exorbitant salary that Alexis Sanchez receives at Old Trafford.

Former Barcelona and Udinese player Alexis Sanchez has failed to hit the heights expected of a player with his quality.

He joined Manchester United from Arsenal earlier this year in a swap deal involving Armenian international playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Alexis Sanchez is said to be on wages of around £500,000 per week including bonuses.

Since his move to Manchester United, the player has scored just four goals for the Red Devils in all competitions.

He has scored once this season and it was the winning goal in the 3-2 comeback victory over Newcastle United in their Premier League clash in October.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Feature On

Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending