Chelsea has been in the news a lot recently, as there have been many reports linking the West London club with moves for various players in January.
Also, the Premier League champions have also seen their players linked with moves away from the club – with David Luiz and Michy Batshuayi the two players most linked with January moves away.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has now claimed to understand the mindset of players particularly in a World Cup year and that he is open to stars that are unhappy leaving the club in this month transfer window.
The Italian manager, however, believes the club is a not in a position to sell players without replacements coming in.
Both Luiz and Batshuayi are said to seeking moves away from the club in recent times.
The Brazilian picked up a knee injury earlier in the season and has fallen down the pecking order with Andreas Christensen emerging as a competent replacement, Batshauyi has not impressed the manager and has so far made only 2 starts in the league despite top man Alvaro Morata missing quite a number of games through injuries.
“I was a player, I will understand if someone is worried about the World Cup,” Conte said. “It’s not easy. I prefer to have players very happy to stay here than to have players that are unhappy.”
The Blues could move back up to second on the Premier League table with victory over London rivals Arsenal at the Emirates on Wednesday night.