Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has dropped fullbacks Matteo Darmian and Daley Blind from the travelling squad ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Leicester City at the King Power Stadium.
According to reports from Manchester Evening News, both players did not travel with the squad. Matteo Darmian and Daley Blind have not been regulars in united’s squads this season but both took part from the start in their side’s shock knockout defeat away to Bristol City in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals, with sections of the club’s fans slamming their display on the night, questioning their commitment.
Also, the two united stars have seen their names linked with moves away from Old Trafford in the upcoming January transfer window and this snub will not ease reports regarding their departures.
The same report goes on to say that Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been included in the squad for the away game. The Armenian made a second half appearance in the defeat to Bristol but hasn’t played in the league since a cameo appearance he made in united’s 1-0 victory over Brighton in November.
Also, Luke Shaw who played the entire 90 minutes against Bristol City was included in the squad alongside David De Gea, Ashley Young, Nemanja Matic and Phil Jones who were all rested for the League Cup tie.
Shaw could deputize at left-back, with Young moving to the right to fill in for the injured Antonio Valencia. Marcos Rojo is another who could play at left fullback.
Man United’s Hope Of Signing 20-goal Midfielder Rest On Joachim Low’s Advice
Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Liverpool’s hope of signing 20-year-old midfielder Kai Havertz is now tied to the advice the youngster receives from Germany head coach Joachim Low.
The Germany international, who scored 20 goals for Bayer Leverkusen last season, has been linked with a move to the three European giants but he said he will seek for advice from his national team manager.
According to Havertz, he will speak to the 2014 World Cup winning manager during the ongoing international break concerning the incoming offers from United and Liverpool.
“I listen to many people but in the end it will be my decision. I will embrace any advice Low will give me because he has a lot experience – it wouldn’t be smart to not listen to him,” he said.
United are desperately in need of a regular goalscorer as Rashford and Anthony Martial are far from convincing, no thanks to the latter’s injury problems.
As for Liverpool, the Reds are in fine form having extended their winning streak to eight games against the Foxes before the break.
However, Klopp believes there is a need to add a midfielder to his team as Fabinho hasn’t lived up to his billing just yet.
Man Utd Plotting Big Money Move For Prolific Midfield Maestro
Premier League giants Manchester United are almost certain to boost their squad when the transfer window reopens in two months time.
The Red Devils are in need of reinforcements especially in defense and midfield and West Ham United star Declan Rice could be one of the players signed in January.
According to the Daily Mirror, Manchester United want to sign Declan Rice and they might need to pay as much as 70 million pounds for him.
Declan Rice has already said that his future lies with West Ham United as he has a contract that does not expire until the summer of 2024 but his stance could change in no time.
Manchester United were one of several clubs interested in signing him during this summer’s transfer window but the England international player stayed with the Hammers for the start of the season.
Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini have not been adequately replaced since the midfielders left Manchester United earlier this year and the signing of Declan Rice would go a long way to rectify that problem.
Fellaini left Manchester United to join Chinese Super League (CSL) outfit Shandong Luneng during the winter transfer window in January, while Ander Herrera signed for PSG on a free transfer.
Solskjaer Not Convinced This £100m-rated Star Will Solve Man United’s Creativity Problems
Manchester United manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer, who could be shown the exit door due to poor results, is far from convinced with what he has seen from Ajax youngster Donny Van de Beek so far this season.
The Dutchman was linked with a switch to the Old Trafford outfit in the summer but the Norwegian tactician turned down the chance to capture his services.
According to British media The Mirror, Solskjaer was pleased with the fact that Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay were available ahead of the season, hence, he kicked against splashing £35m on the midfielder.
Unfortunately, the decision seemed to have backfired judging by the team’s lack of creativity in the middle of the pitch.
Despite the current uninspiring form at Old Trafford, reports claimed that Solskjaer isn’t ready to change his mind and he won’t be competing with Real Madrid for the Ajax youngster when the winter transaction period commences in January.
Real Madrid are now tipped as the possible destination for the Dutchman who helped Ajax to a semifinal spot in last season’s Champions League competition.
The Los Blancos are told to offer an increased price of £100m by the Eredivisie side if they must lure the young midfielder to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
Chelsea1 week ago
La Liga: Mourinho To Replace Zidane At Real Madrid
Arsenal1 week ago
EPL Table: Michael Owen Predicts Where Arsenal Will Finish
Arsenal1 week ago
Why Its Difficult For Bukayo Saka To Play For Nigeria – Rohr
Arsenal1 week ago
Kanu Nwankwo Reacts To England Call-ups For Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori