Google Meet now provides real-time transcription for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. This tool makes it easier to follow along and be engaged in meetings.
Participants can use Google Chrome to translate closed captions in meetings on both the audio and video call. This will help remove language barriers for users who are participating across multiple languages, making it easier than ever before to be understood during a meeting. So please make sure you are using Chrome Browser.
Steps to Translate Captions in Google Meet
- To enable captions during a Google Meet, press the three dots at the bottom to the right of the microphone and turn on captions.
- To get started click on the Google Translate icon next to the address bar. Click on the vertical three dots at the top right corner of the search bar.
- Simply click the option of (Choose another language).
- There are dozens of languages to choose from. To begin, click on the Choose Another Language button and you will be able to select one that suits your taste!
- When you choose your desired language, all the captions will automatically translate into that language.