Windows 11 the latest iteration which is yet to be released by Microsoft. It has an exceptional new design and some requirements for upgrading to it. Windows 10 users will be able to upgrade their windows for free. But there are some standards your PC must meet. How you can check your PC standards? let’s dive into the article.
Microsoft recently announced its new operating system recently, which is the successor to Windows 10. The official release isn’t available for the public yet, however, it would be made available for the public in July or maybe later.
According to Microsoft, Windows 10 users will get a free upgrade once their PC meets the health requirements.
How to Check your PC health
Microsoft made it easy for its users to know about the system’s health. Microsoft PC health Check app will let you know about your system status, and also will notify you about the eligibility of your computer for a free upgrade.
- Simply visit Microsoft’s official website. Visit Windows 11 page and scroll down you will see the PC health Check app.
- Click on download and install it on your PC.
- Open the PC Health Check, and click on check now.
- You will receive a message, in which they will let you know about your system eligibility for windows 11.
- In case you receive a message, “The PC must support Secure Boot”. It means you will not be able to upgrade it to windows 11.
- Also, you will receive further updates for Windows 10.
How to Download Windows 11
Downloading or Upgrading to Windows 11 is the same as downloading previous windows. Once it becomes public, users can check it in the Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update. Besides this, you will also be notified about Windows 11 once it becomes available.
Windows 11 System Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz with 2 or more Cores.
- Memory: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot
- TPM: TPM Version 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 Compatible Cards/ WDDM 2.x