Ex-Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo deserves to join Manchester United permanently at the end of his loan spell at the club and only a sadist would deny him that chance.
Ighalo has been very vocal about his love and affection for Manchester United since his shock loan move in the January transfer window.
The 30-year-old surprised a lot of people by leaving Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua to join boyhood club Manchester United on loan for the rest of this season. He had supported the Red Devils while he was growing up in his native Nigeria and the striker found it difficult to turn down the opportunity of a lifetime.
His dream was to play for Manchester United and the injury to leading goalscorer Marcus Rashford facilitated that move for him as the Red Devils tried to sign attacking cover for the injured England international before settling for Odion Ighalo.
Several Manchester United fans were disappointed with the move for Ighalo but the former Watford striker has been able to prove doubters wrong with his form for his new team. He scored four goals in just eight appearances in all competitions before the season was suspended due to Coronavirus.
- The Players Likely To Leave Arsenal This Summer Revealed
- Edinson Cavani Transfer: How Manchester United Plan To Sign Him
- Does Solskjaer Want a Permanent Transfer For Odion Ighalo Now?
Ighalo was handed just three starts and he scored in each of those games to further highlight his efficiency in front of goal since joining Manchester United. It would almost be an injustice towards Ighalo if he doesn’t get the chance to sign for the Red Devils permanently though this would depend on his club who has already offered him a two-year contract extension worth £400,000 weekly.
Ighalo has to be rewarded with a permanent Manchester United contract based on his scorecard since joining on loan on the last day of the January 2020 transfer window.
Three Reasons why he must sign are as follows:
1. Form – He has four goals in three starts for the Premier League giants.
2. Experience – The Nigerian striker is the most experienced attacker at Manchester United.
3. Passion – Ighalo has been able to transform his passion for the Manchester United badge into performances on the pitch.