Health Benefits of Garlic: Garlic (Allium Sativum) is a pungent-tasting, strong-smelling herb grown around the world. Garlic is a close relative of leeks, onions and chives.
The origin of Garlic could be traced back to Siberia thousands of years ago and it’s from there that the herb spread to other parts of the world.
Garlic is highly aromatic and flavourful which explains why it’s used in virtually all the cuisines in the world.
The majority of the health benefits associated with Garlic are caused by the sulfur compounds it possesses.
Garlic use ranges from heart and blood system-related problems to cancer protection to osteoarthritis and many more.
What are the benefits of Garlic ?
- Lowers High Blood Pressure – Garlic is used in suppressing high blood pressure. The allicin in it helps to relax the blood vessels and also fights thrombosis by limiting the aggregation of platelets.
- Wound Treatment Agent – Garlic could be applied to infected wounds. It serves as an effective herbal treatment for wounds.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels – The Allicin compound in Garlic helps to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Aids Digestion – Gastric canal inflammation and irritation are reduced with the use of Garlic. In addition, intestinal problems like colitis, diarrhea and dysentery are cleared up with the help of Garlic.
- Treats Eye Infections – Garlic is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C, quercetin and selenium which are all useful in treating eye infections and inflammation.
- Blood Sugar Regulation – Garlic is useful to those with diabetes or those who have higher risk of diabetes. Eating raw Garlic cloves helps to regulate the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Boosts Immune System – Garlic possesses phytonutrients that strengthen the immune system by preventing DNA damage and reducing oxidative stress.
- Treats Ear Infections – The herb has antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal properties useful in treating ear infections and earaches.
- Asthma – Garlic can be used to effectively control asthma attacks. With the help of boiled Garlic cloves, you can treat asthma. In addition, Garlic is also useful in treating lung infections such as cystic fibrosis.
- Cancer Prevention – Regular Garlic intake limits the risk of brain, prostrate, stomach, bladder, lung, colon, esophagus and liver cancer. Garlic helps to reduce the possibility of tumours synonymous with breast cancer.
- Weight Loss – Garlic promotes thermogenesis which helps to burn fat thus reducing obesity and aiding weight loss.
- Promotes Hair Growth – The application of Garlic gel or Garlic-infused coconut oil to the hair promotes its growth.
- Prevents Ulcer – Garlic has antibacterial compounds help to suppress stomach parasites that prevents peptic ulcer.
- Improves Libido – The herb possesses aphrodisiac properties that help to boost the libido of both men and women.
What are the the benefits of White Tea and how to use it, the secret of better living ..
Have you ever thought of a tea that helps age gracefully, fight cancer and also reduce the rate of having heart disease? Then look no further as we introduce you to white tea and its many advantages.
Being minimally processed makes White tea one of the world’s most delicate tea and if you are wondering why it’s called white tea. It’s so because it is harvested before the plant’s leaves open fully and therefore young buds are still covered by fine white hairs.
It retains a higher amount of antioxidants than green tea if properly processed. Antioxidants are very important for our health because it protects our cells from damage by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable atoms which have harmful effects on the body and it is linked to weak immune systems, premature aging, chronic inflammation and other diseases…
No need to emphasize that white tea has a delicate light taste, and your taste buds will definitely remember it well.
Research also show that white tea is the best among plant extracts that protect collagen and elastin. As many ladies know collagen is very beneficial for skin and prevents it from aging.
- European football: Klopp unwittingly faults EPL
- No Way: Man Utd Target Won’t Leave Real Madrid For Free
- Man Utd Star Puts Future In Doubt After Contract Update
Some of its other benefits include. It also:
Reduces the risk of heart disease
Lower cholesterol levels
Helps body burn fat and boost metabolism
Deactivates the viruses and destroy the bacteria that cause cavities in the teeth
Can help with the treatment of diabetes
Reduces risks of cancer
Help to increase bone density
Improve digestive system health
And there’s definitely more to it. But these should help you understand why you should start drinking white tea. It’s also very simple to brew white tea.
You need one cup of water and two teaspoons of white tea/one tea bag
Heat water to boiling
Let it cool for a couple of minutes before pouring over white tea
Allow it infuse for 1–3 minutes or according to instructions
Why you don’t have a flat tummy and how to fix it
Flat tummy has several benefits and one of its most underrated benefits is that it reduces the risk of diseases like diabetes, cancer, heart-related ones and many more.
A lot of people will take the need for a flat tummy seriously if they were aware of the fact that it’s an avenue to stay away from the aforementioned ailments.
Some of the common benefits of a flat tummy include making us more slimmer, taller, more attractive in addition to the fact that clothes also fit better.
Flat Tummy Exercises:
Crunches (video by DoctorOz)–
This type of flat tummy exercise helps us to define the abdominal muscles. Crunches are appropriate for toning both the oblique muscles and the rectus abdominis.
The procedure is as follows: Bend your knees while lying on the floor or on the mat. Raise your shoulders toward the ceiling with the help of your abdominal muscles and pause at the peak. Repeat this process for 10 to 15 times.
Roll-ups video by ehowhealth –
Roll-ups increase the flexibility of the spine and also strengthen the abdominals in the process.
The procedure are as follows: Lie on your back with both arms and legs stretched. Lift your arms up and forward and thereafter roll-up to a sitting position slowly with the help of your abs. Slowly lower down to your starting position while squeezing your abs again. Repeat the process for 10 to 15 times.
Plank Hip Dips (Video by healthmagazine) –
This flat tummy exercise is appropriate for beginners who want to strengthen their abdominal muscles.
The procedure is as follows: Start from a push-up position with your forearm on the ground, also endeavour to keep your arms at the angle of 90 degrees. Push your back out slightly. Raise your gluteal muscles toward the ceiling while squeezing your abs tightly. You’re squeezing the abs to close the distance between the hips and the ribcage.
Mountain Climber – It’s a high-intensity exercise aimed at pushing the heart rate up. This flat tummy exercise can be incorporated into your usual daily routine for some cardio.
Procedure is as follows: Get your hands and toes into a plank position then position those hands to be at shoulder length from each other. Pull the right knee into your chest as far as possible and also pull the left knee into chest. Note: Remember to keep your hips down while pulling your knee into your chest.
Navasana (Video by Ventuna Yoga)–
Navasana strengthens the legs, the abs and the lower back.
Procedure for Navasana is as follows: Sit in such a way that your feet are flat and your knees are bent on the floor. Lean back slightly and lift your feet off the floor simultaneously. Extend your arms out and keep your knees straight for between 30 secs to 1 min with your weight relying on your abdominal muscles.
Exercise For Hips
The hip is one of the most underrated joints in the human body considering the number of activities it is responsible for. It’s a major weight-bearing body joint that’s responsible for functional activities such as climbing stairs, sitting, running, standing, walking and many more.
Here are some exercises to help you maintain strong and mobile hips though it must be pointed out that you have to check with your doctor or healthcare practitioner to know whether or not you’re healthy enough to do these exercises.
It’s advisable to start with one set of these exercises on a daily basis in the bid to maintain hip strength and flexibility before graduating to two or three sets per day.
Side Leg Raise – It strengthens the gluteal muscles on the side of the buttocks and hip. Gluteal muscles are essential to activities like running and walking in maintaining proper hip and knee position.
The procedure for the side leg raise exercise is as follows: Lie down on one side. Lift up your top leg while the other leg is bent and close to the floor. Proceed to lift the top leg up gently while the knees are straight and the toes are pointing forward. Suspend the top leg in the air for two seconds before you lower and repeat 10 times.
Ball Bridges – This is a fantastic way to boost their strength of both the hamstrings and the gluteal muscles.
The procedure for ball bridges is as follows: Carefully position a Swiss ball under calf muscles while lying on the floor. Lift your buttocks off the floor gently after engaging the abdominal muscles. Hold the raised pelvis position for two seconds, then lower slowly before you repeat the procedure for 10 to 15 times.
Straight Leg Raise – The straight leg exercise can help to support the knees in addition to strengthening the front of the quads and the hips.
The procedure is as follows: Keep one knee bent and one leg up while you’re on the floor. Tighten the quads on your straight leg before lifting it up by 12 inches. Hold that position for two seconds, lower your leg gently and repeat the same process for 10 to 15 times. Note: Your leg should be as straight as possible for the entire duration of the straight leg raise.
Pelvic Drop (also known as hip hikers) – This hip exercise gets your gluteal muscles functioning well while you’re in a weight bearing position.
The procedure is as follows: Stand sideways with one foot on the step while the other is suspended in the air. Lower your pelvis so that your other foot moves towards the floor. Movement should come from the hip joints while both knees are straight. Slowly return to the starting point after the pelvis has been lowered and repeat the process 10 times.
Research: Health Benefits of Cucumber
Health Benefits of Cucumber: Cucumber (scientific name Cucumis Sativus) is a close relation of pumpkin, watermelon, squash etc and they all belong to the same plant family (Cucurbitaceae family).
95% constituent of Cucumber is water thus making it a perfect hydration agent especially on a hot summer day.
Cucumber is highly beneficial in nutrients like Vitamin C, Manganese, Copper, Vitamin K, Potassium and B Vitamins. In addition, it also contains antioxidants and some plant compounds useful in preventing and treating some conditions.
The flesh part of cucumber contains nutrients like the vitamins and folic acid while the hard part is rich in fibre and minerals like potassium, calcium and many more.
What are the benefits Cucumber ?
- Skin Care – The Silica constituent in Cucumber makes it an effective skin care agent. Silica helps in developing strong and healthy connective tissues in the tendons, muscles, ligaments, bones, and cartilage. Moisture is the best friend to an healthy skin and cucumber has that in abundance.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Cucumber contains nutrients like magnesium, fibre and potassium which help to control the blood pressure. Patients that struggles with high or low blood pressure find relief with cucumber intake.
- Healthy Heart – Cucumber intake boosts the healthiness of the heart. It has several antioxidants that protect the heart from diseases. Cucumber intake helps to reduce bad cholesterol thereby promoting a healthy heart.
- Cancer Protection – Cucumber has phytonutrients known as Cucurbitacins which possess anticancer properties. Its intake definitely reduced the risk of cancer. In addition, cucumber has polyphenols which limit the risk of ovarian, breast, prostrate and uterine cancers.
- Stress Relief Agent – The Cucumber can serve as a stress relief agent as a result of the B Vitamins constituents that the cucumber possesses. B vitamins combat the feeling of anxiety and also limit the damaging effects of stress. The B vitamins in Cucumber include vitamin B1, Biotin (vitamin B5) and vitamin B7.
- Aids Digestion – Cucumber is rich in the two elements that aid proper digestion (water and fiber). 95% of the constituents in Cucumber is water and this makes it an effective digestion agent.
- Weight Management – The Cucumber has three characteristics which makes it an effective weight management agent. The three characteristics include low amount of calories, filling fiber and filling fluid.
- Pain Relief – Cucumber has a lot of vitamins and minerals that help to relief muscle and joint pain. Cucumber reliefs pain especially the ones in the joints and in the muscles.
- Refreshes the Mouth – With the cucumber, diseased gums are a thing of the past thus leaving the mouth smelling nice. The Cucumber juice helps to refresh the mouth after combating mouth odours and other mouth diseases.
Research: Health Benefits of Ginger
Health Benefits of Ginger: Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) is a plant with leafy stems and yellow greenish leaves. The Ginger plant is part of the Zingiberaceae family, alongside turmeric and cardamom.
It is common in countries like Indonesia, Australia, Fiji, India and Jamaica.
The root of the Ginger plant can be powdered, consumed fresh, dried as a spice, in oil form or as a juice.
Ginger use has been in existence for thousands of years. It is commonly used for various health issues like arthritis, high blood pressure, nausea, pain, migraines and many more.
Ginger has over 100 active compounds including Gingerols which are the major compounds in fresh ginger.
Some of the other compounds include Shogaols (found in dried ginger), terpenoids, zerumbone, flavonoids, zingerone and pungent oleoresins.
All the Ginger compounds are antioxidants, while some have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, liver-protecting, anti-tumour and pain-relieving activities.
Ginger Health Benefits include:
- Pain Reduction – The Gingerols in Ginger help to reduce pain. Those Ginger compounds suppress inflammation and pain-causing agents in the body. You might need to visit the doctor for chronic pain which is sometimes beyond the powers of Ginger.
- Cancer Protection – Ginger has antioxidants that may help to protect the body from Cancer which is widely regarded as one of the most deadly diseases.
- Aids Digestion – Ginger can be used for proper digestion as it helps to calm the stomach from situations like indigestion and bloating.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease – The use of Ginger lowers the cholesterol which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease. Ginger use leads to the reduction of the cholesterol and triglyceride in the body.
- Boosts Immunity – The Gingerols in Ginger has antimicrobial and antifungal properties that fight infections and also boost immunity.
- Reduces Nausea – Ginger is a common remedy used to reduce nausea. It’s especially useful for pregnant women or those recovering from cancer treatment.
- Arthritis – Ginger use is synonymous with those with hip or knee arthritis. It can help reduce pain for the people with arthritis.
- Reduces risk of diabetes – Ginger has compounds that help to improve metabolism and insulin thus reducing the risk of diabetes.
- Weight loss – Ginger intake in addition to other plant extracts can be beneficial to weight loss.
- Eczema – The shogaols in Ginger help to reduce eczema. Shogaols are mostly found in dried Ginger.
- High Blood Pressure – Ginger reduces the glucose levels in the body thus limiting the possibility of high blood pressure.
- Flu – Both fresh Ginger and dried Ginger are useful in preventing the common cold virus known as flu.
- Boosts Testosterone in Men – Ginger increases testosterone-boosting hormones, sperm motility and sperm count. Ginger affects several activities that lead to increased testosterone.
Chelsea5 months ago
Official! Chelsea complete another signing after successful medicals
Chelsea5 months ago
Star winger jets into London to seal Chelsea deal
Chelsea1 year ago
Deal Almost Done as Serie A star agrees to join Chelsea on £80,000-weekly deal – report
Chelsea8 months ago
‘I am ready to play for Sarri’ – Chelsea target
Chelsea7 months ago
Willian tells Sarri who to replace Morata, Grioud?
EPL1 month ago
Deal Done!!! Solskjaer finally decides Paul Pogba’s future
Chelsea10 months ago
“The King is back”- “Could help develop Morata” Good news for Chelsea fans.
Chelsea6 months ago
Breakthrough deal! Chelsea to announce new signing in new year