Health Benefits of Garlic: Garlic (Allium Sativum) is a pungent-tasting, strong-smelling herb grown around the world. Garlic is a close relative of leeks, onions and chives.
The origin of Garlic could be traced back to Siberia thousands of years ago and it’s from there that the herb spread to other parts of the world.
Garlic is highly aromatic and flavourful which explains why it’s used in virtually all the cuisines in the world.
The majority of the health benefits associated with Garlic are caused by the sulfur compounds it possesses.
Garlic use ranges from heart and blood system-related problems to cancer protection to osteoarthritis and many more.
What are the benefits of Garlic ?
- Lowers High Blood Pressure – Garlic is used in suppressing high blood pressure. The allicin in it helps to relax the blood vessels and also fights thrombosis by limiting the aggregation of platelets.
- Wound Treatment Agent – Garlic could be applied to infected wounds. It serves as an effective herbal treatment for wounds.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels – The Allicin compound in Garlic helps to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Aids Digestion – Gastric canal inflammation and irritation are reduced with the use of Garlic. In addition, intestinal problems like colitis, diarrhea and dysentery are cleared up with the help of Garlic.
- Treats Eye Infections – Garlic is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C, quercetin and selenium which are all useful in treating eye infections and inflammation.
- Blood Sugar Regulation – Garlic is useful to those with diabetes or those who have higher risk of diabetes. Eating raw Garlic cloves helps to regulate the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Boosts Immune System – Garlic possesses phytonutrients that strengthen the immune system by preventing DNA damage and reducing oxidative stress.
- Treats Ear Infections – The herb has antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal properties useful in treating ear infections and earaches.
- Asthma – Garlic can be used to effectively control asthma attacks. With the help of boiled Garlic cloves, you can treat asthma. In addition, Garlic is also useful in treating lung infections such as cystic fibrosis.
- Cancer Prevention – Regular Garlic intake limits the risk of brain, prostrate, stomach, bladder, lung, colon, esophagus and liver cancer. Garlic helps to reduce the possibility of tumours synonymous with breast cancer.
- Weight Loss – Garlic promotes thermogenesis which helps to burn fat thus reducing obesity and aiding weight loss.
- Promotes Hair Growth – The application of Garlic gel or Garlic-infused coconut oil to the hair promotes its growth.
- Prevents Ulcer – Garlic has antibacterial compounds help to suppress stomach parasites that prevents peptic ulcer.
- Improves Libido – The herb possesses aphrodisiac properties that help to boost the libido of both men and women.
Manchester United Agree £51m Deal For Marcos Llorente
Manchester United are ready to offer £51m to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente this month, according to widespread reports.
The midfield is an area of interest for the Red Devils and Spanish midfielder Marcos Llorente is a target.
Sports Mole claimed that the Red Devils want to make a big money move for Marcos Llorente who has been on the periphery of the Atletico Madrid team.
Marcos Llorente is six months into the five-year deal signed last summer after his transfer to Atletico Madrid from city rivals Real Madrid.
- What Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Said About Fernandes Chase
- Liverpool Offer Deal To Sign Ugurcan Cakir
- Manchester United are on the verge of appointing 55-year-old man
The Spaniard was expected to be a key player for Atletico Madrid this season but things have not worked out that way.
He has made just three starts and ten substitute appearances for the Rojiblancos in both the Champions League and the Spanish La Liga altogether.
Manchester United could offer him the avenue to get his ailing career back on track as long as his club is ready to do a deal with the Red Devils who are short in midfield due to a lot of injuries.
Midfielders Scott McTominay and Paul Pogba have both been injured for several weeks and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had to
EPL: Chelsea Confirm Starting Lineup vs Newcastle United
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard would be hoping to build on the last win in the Premier League when he takes his players up north to face Newcastle United.
Lampard and his players returned to winning ways following the emphatic victory over struggling Burnley last weekend.
Jorginho (penalty), topscorer Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi were on target as Chelsea thrashed the Clarets 3-0 at home and that win was enough to maintain their place in the top four.
Ahead of the Newcastle United, Chelsea have a good advantage in the race for the top four places in the Premier League which will guarantee a spot in the Champions League.
- Exclusive Report Of The 5 Players That Would Leave Manchester United This January
- Nigerian-born Chelsea Player Nets First Goal For England
- In Or Out: Where Does £150m-rated Real Madrid Target Belong
Chelsea occupy fourth spot on the log and they have a five-point lead over fifth-placed Manchester United.
The Blues can extend their lead over Manchester United to eighr points with a win over the Magpies on Saturday evening as Manchester United don’t play until Sunday.
Manchester United have a tough game on paper as they travel to take on a Liverpool side with a perfect record at home.
Chelsea XI vs Newcastle United: Kepa Arrizabalaga, Reece James, Kurt Zouma, Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta; Jorginho
Hope For Man United, Liverpool As Top Striker Target Drops Big EPL Hint
Several Premier League teams including Manchester United have been boosted by the big Premier League hint dropped by top striker target Timo Werner who plays his club football for German Bundesliga leaders RB Leipzig.
Timo Werner has talked about his admiration for the Premier League which he described as the best and most interesting league.
The German international revealed his preference for Premier League football in his latest interview with popular German newspaper Bild.
The latest development is a big boost for the three Premier League sides interested in him.
- Chelsea Wrap Up Deal For Bryan Fiabema
- Deal All But Done As Liverpool Agree Terms For Star Player
- Liverpool Backed To Sign £45m-rated Attacker
Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have all been credited with an interest in the petite German striker who has scored 84 goals in 139 games for RB Leipzig.
He has a €50m release clause in his RB Leipzig contract which makes things easier for the English clubs to sign him but they’ll have to wait till the summer.
The player has ruled out a move away from RB Leipzig in this January window and the above named English clubs will have to wait till the summer to sign him.
Spanish giants Real Madrid are also on his trail but the latest admission from the player might not be good for the former European champions.
Man United To Reignite Interest In Ousmane Dembele and Samuel Umtiti
Barcelona are reportedly set to let go of their two players, Ousmane Dembele and Samuel Umtiti, in the summer as both players have fallen out of favor with Ernesto Valverde this season.
Dembele, 22, joined the Blaugranas from Borussia Dortmund in a huge transfer fee a few years back, but the young Frenchman has failed to justify his price tag.
In all fairness to the versatile youngster, injuries haven’t been fair with him as he has encountered more than three long-term injuries since he joined the team.
Just like Dembele, his compatriot Samuel Umtiti is equally an injury-prone defender which is one of the reasons he’s not getting the game-time he deserves at Camp Nou.
- Arsenal Insert Buyback Clause For Pacey Midfielder
- The Real Reason Samuel Umtiti Debunks Arsenal Transfer Rumours
- Mission Impossible! Roma’s Bid To Sign United Star Turned Down
Reports from Spain via Liga-finance claimed that Barcelona are ready to let go of the two Frenchman as they have revealed their price tags.
It is believed that the Catalan club want interested suitors to pay nothing less than €120m for Dembele, while they hope to release Umtiti for €60m.
As much as Manchester United are desperately in search of more firepower at the final half of the pitch, I don’t see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer completing a transfer for Injury-prone Dembele except Barcelona lower their demand.
Having signed £80m-rated Harry Maguire from Leicester City last summer, it is very much impossible to see the Red Devils spend big on another defender in one year.
Why Manchester United Won’t Sign This Player Despite Huge Interest From Solskjaer
Manchester United are set to miss out on the services of Aston Villa and Scotland midfielder John McGinn as reports suggested that the newly promoted Premier League side are unwilling to let go of the brilliant star.
United are being linked with the player’s services ahead of the winter transfer market, which is two months away, but Birmingham Mail claimed that the Villa Park outfits won’t listen to offers from all suitors before the start of next season.
McGinn, 25, has caught the eyes of Ole Solskjaer and former manager Alex Ferguson but the two United legends might fail to complete their desire to have the Scottish at Old Trafford in the next summer window.
- The Real Reason Man Utd Rejected £13m Deal For Chris Smalling(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Eriksen Or Maddison: Top Reasons Why United Must Go For The Leicester City’s Man(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Can Manchester United Beat 19 Other Clubs To This In-form Player In January?
McGinn is one of Aston Villa’s best players which is one of the reasons why the club are holding tight to his services.
However, the same report further revealed that Aston Villa could be forced to sell the experienced midfielder should they receive a tempting offer from the Norwegian tactician and his employers.
In other United transfer news, French midfielder Paul Pogba could be on his way to Santiago Bernabeu if United accept Zidane’s player-plus-cash offer.
The reports which emanated on Friday said that the Galacticos manager is ready to offer James Rodriguez as a makeshift for the Frenchman’s service in the next summer window.
Manchester United set to lose out on Lukaku’s replacement in January
Manchester United could miss out on the services of Red Bull Salzburg striker Erling Haaland who is reportedly considering a move to Bundesliga side RB Leipzig in the immediate future.
The 19-year-old has been the most sought-after teenager in the world as 15 clubs are interested in capturing his signature after his brilliant goal-scoring feat for the Austrian side so far this season.
The youngster announced his presence in European competition when he scored a hat-trick in his Champions League debut in September, and he hasn’t looked back since then.
- How Solskjaer’s Inexperience Will Prevent Timo Werner From Joining Man United
- Man United Told To Pay £260m For Sandro Tonali
- Man United To Battle Chelsea In Race To Sign 23-year-old Striker
He currently has seven goals in the competition, making him the leading goalscorer ahead of Messi, Mbappe, Salah and Cristiano Ronaldo.
It’s no surprise that top clubs are showing interest in his services but the Red Devils are on the verge of losing the race to Bundesliga side in January, according to The Daily Mail.
Manchester City, Arsenal, Juventus, Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all monitoring the Norwegian youngster but none of them are in a firm position to attract services in the summer.
However, it appears too early to suggest that the Red Devils did not stand a chance of luring the youngster to Old Trafford as RB Salzburg are yet to reveal if they will release him in January or not.
The Real Reason Barcelona Aim To Prevent Manchester United From Signing Kai Havertz Revealed
Manchester United have made an £80m transfer budget to sign Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz in the next transfer window as the Red Devils chief Ed Woodward is confident of bringing the German international to the Theatre of Dreams.
Unfortunately, latest reports have it that Barcelona are keenly interested in the player as they see him as the best replacement for out-of-favour Ivan Rakitic who is linked with a move to Manchester United.
According to reports making headline in Spain, the Blaugranas sent their scouts to run the rule over the player during Wednesday’s Champions League fixtures between Bayer Leverkusen and Atletico Madrid, and the were happy with his performances.
- Real Madrid To Use Gareth Bale As Makeweight For Sterling
- Man Utd Face Barcelona Threat For Lautaro Martinez
- Sporting Lisbon Slam Big Price Tag On Bruno Fernandes
This means that the two European giants are set for a crunch battle for the 20-year-old midfielder and Barcelona are ready to launch an eye-catching bid which will be too hard to turn down by the Bundesliga side.
It is believed that Ole Gunnar and his employers are in talks with Havartz’s representatives over the possibility of beating Barcelona to his signature but they will have to wait till the end of the campaign.
Bayern Munich are also in the race for the player as they want to add more quality to their midfield setup following their unimpressive start to the season.
EPL: Solskjaer Provides Worrying Update On McTominay’s Injury
Manchester United returned to winning ways on Thursday as they thrashed Serbian Side Partizan 3-0 at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils were ruthless in front of goal as Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood were too handful for the away side during the encounter.
As much as the night was a perfect one for the Red Devils in terms of the result, Solskjaer will be unhappy with some of his players’ injury concerns after the game.
Summer signing Harry Maguire was called the attention of the medical team during the second period of the game as he was slightly injured.
- Man United Fans Can’t Stop Praising This Youngster For His Display Vs Norwich
- EPL: How Man Utd Ended Winless Run At Norwich City
- Champions League: Thomas Tuchel Reveals Why Neymar Didn’t Leave
However, the England international ended the game but will need to undergo some tests to see if he will be available for selection on Sunday.
The same can’t be said about Scott McTominay who was substituted in the 75th minute of the encounter after suffering from a knock.
The Scottish international has been one of Man United’s brightest players thus season and the fans will hope to see the player return to action soon.
In his report on the player’s injury, the Red Devils manager believes the fans will have to wait a little longer days to see if he will be fully fit for Sunday’s game.