Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Merton has slammed the club over the decision to let Aaron Ramsey run down his contract.
His latest outbursts about the Gunners was monitored by the Daily Star.
Arsenal legend Paul Merson said that it was criminal for the club to let a £50m player go for free.
He went on to say that Aaron Ramsey will be successful at Italian Serie A champions Juventus.
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is on his way out of the club after senior Gunners officials decided against offering him a new contract.
He has less than six months on his present Arsenal contract and can speak to foreign clubs about a potential free transfer move at the end of this season.
The Welshman is said to have signed a pre-contract agreement over a free transfer move with Italian Serie A champions Juventus with various media outlets reporting that an official announcement is expected soonest.
Ramsey has been a wonderful servant for the Gunners with over a decade of meritorious service.
He joined the North Londoners in the summer of 2008 after he picked them ahead of rivals Manchester United.
Aaron Ramsey signed from Welsh side Cardiff City in a deal worth £5m.
Liverpool willing to part ways with £50,000-a-week attacker
Liverpool have got a robust team which is the reason why some of its average players have not been seen on the pitch so far this season.
One of the names is Lazar Markovic who is a member of the manager Jurgen Klopp’s team but has not been seen on the pitch as he is obviously not in the plans of the German boss.
Lazar Markovic earns as low as £50,000-a-week at the Merseyside team but he has not contributed as high as that amount to the team on the pitch this season which is the reason why he could be made to leave the team in this winter transfer window.
Reports claim that Lazar Markovic has got until the end of this current campaign to have his contract with the club end but the Reds side are keen to let him leave this January winter window so as to be able to cash in on him.
However, reports claim that some clubs in the Chinese Super League are hoping to convince Lazar Markovic so as to have him switch over before the end of this winter window.
Meanwhile, Liverpool will demand same £20 million that was paid to land Lazar Markovic in 2014.
Man United Boosted As Arnautovic’s £45m Move To China Falls Through
Premier League giants Manchester United have been handed a big transfer boost after Marko Arnautovic’s transfer to China collapsed on Saturday night.
The status of his move to China was revealed by The Mail on Sunday.
West Ham United forward Marko Arnautovic would have been devastated by the news with the Austrian international star keen to leave the Olympic Stadium for China.
Chinese Super League club Guangzhou Evergrande were said to have pulled out of a £45m deal for him last night.
The 29-year-old was previously linked with a transfer to two major Premier League sides namely Chelsea and Manchester United.
The Red Devils were keen on a move for the former FC Twente and Stoke City player when Portuguese manager Jose Mourinho was in charge of the first team at Old Trafford.
He was touted as a £50m transfer addition for Manchester United in the final months of last year.
Marko Arnautovic has grown to become a key player for West Ham United since he joined them from Stoke City at the start of last season.
The Austrian joined the Hammers in a £24m deal during the summer of 2017.
Marko Arnautovic is the Hammers’ second top scorer in the Premier League with seven goals.
Chelsea on the verge of sealing deal for Bundesliga winger
English Premier League outfit Chelsea are close to sealing a deal for German Bundesliga outfit Bayern Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey in coming days, according to reports from Germany.
The report claimed that the West London side have already made official contact for the star player while talks are expected to resume so as to have the deal finalized before the end of this January winter transfer window.
According to The Mirror, the Blues have held talks with Leon Bailey and an agreement seem to have been reached but the deal is currently being threatened by the interest from their English Premier League rivals Tottenham and Arsenal.
Leon Bailey’s representative has therefore confirmed that talks have been held between his client and Italian boss Maurizio Sarri who wishes to have his service at the Stamford Bridge.
The speculations of Leon Bailey’s exit from the German Bundesliga outfit came as a result of his lack of playing time at the club. He has only seen 8 games so far this season which is not enough for a growing player.
However, the outcome of the talks between both teams will determine the success of the deal as Leon Bailey will not wish to join the West London side and continue as a bench player.
Klopp attacked for his transfer decision
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been attacked for a single transfer decision where he allowed Nathaniel Clyne to leave the club to English Premier League side Bournemouth on loan.
The former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp who attacked the German boss is of the opinion that Nathaniel Clyne should have remained at the club as he would be needed at the course of the season.
Nathaniel Clyne was bedeviled by the injury he suffered which ensured that he was favoured behind Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez which makes him a bench player in the team.
Despite all of these, the football legend still holds the opinion that Klopp made a wrong decision to have let go of the England international knowing that he has got some injury situations as well as a number of games to play.
He noted that Nathaniel Clyne would have played the right full-back position in the Saturday’s game against Crystal Palace which was mounted by James Milner.
However, Nathaniel Clyne is desperate to secure more playing time which is the reason why he opted to join the Premier League side where he can be able to continue his development and progress.
Meanwhile, Liverpool are seven points clear at the top in the league table.
Mourinho makes big Salah confession
Former Manchester United boss has lamented his inability to have Egyptian international Mohamed Salah established under him when he was in charge at the Stamford Bridge.
The former United boss had signed Mohamed Salah to the Stamford Bridge but was unable to make good use of him before he left to the Italian Serie A outfit AS Roma and now at the Merseyside club Liverpool.
Last season was one of the best of Mohamed Salah’s football career as he helped the Reds team to reach the Champions League finals in addition to finishing second in the Premier League last season with his goals.
This season alone, Mohamed Salah has not changed as he has now scored a total of 17 goals and handed 8 assists in the 30 games under his belt which makes him one of the best the English League can boast of at the moment.
However, the former Chelsea boss confessed that he was unable to get the best from the player as he wished that Mohamed Salah had given this best under him at the Stamford Bridge.
With his feat and impressive performance, Mohamed Salah now has a release clause of about £150 million in his contract with the Reds which is expected to end in 2023.
Mourinho Aims Dig At Man United Over Transfers
Ex-Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has slammed the club following his tumultuous time when he was with the three-time European champions.
Mourinho aimed a transfer dig at the club while he was on popular media channel BeIN Sports for the Asian Cup on Saturday.
The Portuguese tactician said that he was not properly backed in the transfer market while he was the Manchester United manager.
Jose Mourinho further gave examples of managers, like Pep Guardiola at Manchester City and Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool, who have been fully backed to sign players by their respective clubs.
Jose Mourinho also stated that he has already rejected three offers to return to the sidelines since he was dismissed as the Manchester United manager last month.
Earlier reports revealed that Mourinho turned down a job offer from Portuguese club Benfica.
Jose Mourinho had a frosty relationship with club chief executive Ed Woodward who failed to back him on transfers.
He eventually lost his job last month after a disastrous start to this campaign.
Mourinho was replaced by former club striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the Norwegian has justified that decision by making a perfect start to his career as a manager at the Theatre of Dreams.
Liverpool’s move for £105m-rated star declined
English Premier League leaders Liverpool have had their bid rejected for Benfica wonder kid Joao Felix as they attempt to snap him up in this January winter transfer window.
The former youth player has now risen to become a first team player in addition to impressing in his side which makes him attract enough interests from top European sides.
So far, Joao Felix has scored 6 goals in 18 appearances across all competitions, a feat that will have him secure a call up to the Portuguese U21 team.
Joao Felix has got great potential as a player which is the reason why clubs like Manchester City were interested in his signature but lost out along the way.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has one of the best attacks in the Premier League but that will not stop him from having an option in the team as they hope to land their first league title in many years.
For the German boss, he has not won a title in his three years reign at the Anfield and he will be looking forward to breaking that deadlock this season having come close last season with a second place in the Premier league and also a defeat in the Champions League finals.
Liverpool scouts on the way to Italian Serie A for 28-year-old striker
It has been reported that English Premier League outfit Liverpool will have their scout move to the Italian Serie A outfit Lazio to watch Ciro Immobile.
The Reds are believed to be interested in his signature and should there be a positive analysis from the scouts, an attempt would be made to have him join the club before the end of this January winter transfer window.
A number of English Premier League sides have all shown interest in Ciro Immobile who just signed a new deal at Stadio Olimpico in October until 2023. The likes of Manchester United and Tottenham are keen to land him as well.
Ciro Immobile has scored a total of 62 goals in 98 Serie A games for Lazio since joining in 2016. This adds to the 29 goals he scored last season.
The star player has been identified by the Merseyside club as the best fit for the club as a result of his goal-scoring ability and quality which could be of importance at the Anfield.
However, the Reds boss maintains that his Liverpool side are not under pressure to make any signing this season but will rather hold on until the coming summer window.
Klopp might forget this player this winter signing
There is a big boost for the English Premier League outfit Liverpool with the news of the expected return of England international Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain sustained an injury in late last season where he suffered knee ligament damage against AS Roma in the first leg of the Champions League semifinals.
He has since been away from the team and has been missed by both the team and the fans having transformed to become a better player since joining the Anfield from the North London outfit Arsenal.
The latest report claims that he will be returning to tanning next month and will most definitely be fully fit to play again before the end of the season.
Suggestions are that the return of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be a big boost to manager Jurgen Klopp and will hand a big advantage to the Reds team to see out title rivals Manchester City until the end of the season.
However, the latest report suggests that Liverpool will no longer participate in this winter window as they will now have a big addition which will look like a new signing.
Meanwhile, the Merseyside team had earlier stated that they will not be actively involved in this winter window.
Chelsea to release out-of-favour midfielder on loan
There are suggestions that Chelsea out-of-favour midfielder Danny Drinkwater will be leaving the Stamford Bridge this winter transfer window on a loan move.
This is after the former Leicester City star got missing in the Jurgen Klopp’s team without playing time.
It was earlier suggested that the former Premier League champion will be leaving the West London side alongside Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas who is now with the French Ligue 1 outfit Monaco.
Danny Drinkwater who helped the Foxes win the English Premier League title in 2016 immediately joined the West London side only to become a bench player and he is reported to be keen on leaving the club to secure a playing time elsewhere.
Indications are that the Blues are not willing to part ways with the star player which is the reason why they may be forced to give him out on loan with a number of Premier League sides already indicating interest.
Fulham are reported to be in the lead for the recruitment of Danny Drinkwater on a loan deal as they hope to add more strength to their squad through to the end of the season.
In order to make the deal work through, Fulham are reportedly ready to send Timothy Fosu-Mensah back to his parent club Manchester United to create the space for Danny Drinkwater.
Chelsea2 weeks ago
Official! Chelsea complete another signing after successful medicals
Chelsea2 weeks ago
Star winger jets into London to seal Chelsea deal
Chelsea3 months ago
‘I am ready to play for Sarri’ – Chelsea target
Chelsea12 months ago
Deal Almost Done as Serie A star agrees to join Chelsea on £80,000-weekly deal – report
Chelsea2 months ago
Willian tells Sarri who to replace Morata, Grioud?
Chelsea5 months ago
“The King is back”- “Could help develop Morata” Good news for Chelsea fans.
Chelsea4 weeks ago
Breakthrough deal! Chelsea to announce new signing in new year
Chelsea1 year ago
Medical done, Chelsea star all set for January transfer