Leicester City star man Harry Maguire has revealed that Manchester United showed interest in him by making an offer to the King Power outfits for his signature during the summer transfer window.
The 24-year-old, who shone like a million star in Russia with the Three Lions, told the Mirror state he received an offer from Mourinho but he rejected the deal because he’s happy at the King Power Stadium.
In a chat with the British media, Maguire revealed that he wasn’t surprised seeing Mourinho’s bid on his table because he believes his performances at the World Cup was good enough to attract top clubs.
“Obviously going into a World Cup there was always going to be, if he were successful as we were, there were always going to be players who came under interest that is part and parcel of the game,” he said
However, the player couldn’t move to the theatre of Dreams during the window because he wasn’t permitted by Leicester City.
“I spoke with Leicester after a bit of interest from clubs, and they reiterated that I wasn’t for sale and I respected that decision.” He revealed to newsmen
The former Hull City star joined the Foxes last summer in a small-money deal but he’s seen his market Value rise up tremendously within a space of 12 months.
The Express reported last month that the England International was valued at £65m by Claude Puel but Mourinho’s side are only willing to pay £60m.
Harry Maguire has scored a goal for the Foxes this season and he would be hoping to get more before the season comes to an end.
The player is presently with the Three Lions, who are preparing for the UEFA Nation League opener against Spain on Saturday.