Connect with us

EPL

Liverpool Boosted In Their Race To Sign £62m-rated Star As Manager Confirms Departure

Published

on

Nabil Fekir

It was reported last week that Liverpool have reached a £62m agreement deal with French Ligue 1 side Lyon over the possibility of signing France midfielder Nabil Fekir in the summer.

Though the news was later denied by the player and his dad, there is a very strong possibility that the Reds have won the race for his signature after Lyon manager Bruno Genesio confirmed that Fekir will be playing his last game for the Ligue 1 side on Saturday (Today).

According to the manager in his pre-match conference against Nice, which will be played later today, there are some of his players – including the 24-year-old Frenchman – who are playing with the club for the last in their respective careers.

According to him, the match against Nice would be an emotion-filled match due to the departure of some great players in the summer.

However, the manager called on Nabil Fekir to be fully focused during the game as it is a must-win game for the Genesio’s side.

“We have to put aside everything related to emotion. For some, this may be the last game,” Genesio told olweb.

Fekir has been phenomenal for Lyon since he was promoted to the first-team squad in 2013. Having played 153 matches, he has found the back of the net in 53 occasions in all competitions, helping them to next season’s Champions League competition.

Meanwhile, Fekir has replied to his manager’s advice in an interview with newsmen.

According to him, he is fully aware of the importance of the match ahead and he’s prepared to give his all to ensure the team get the maximum points by the end of the encounter.

Loading...

I am a freelance writer and a software engineer with years of experience including many in-person and online contracts. I write quality, clear and eloquent articles, blog posts and other contents for websites.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Chelsea

Willian tells Sarri who to replace Morata, Grioud?

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

willian

It is no longer news that Chelsea are in search of a striker knowing that they have got under-firing strikers this season and they might be on the lookout for their replacements.

French striker Olivier Giroud and Spanish striker Alvaro Morata have both not impressed this season with most of the goals being scored by midfielders and most especially, Belgium international.

Although manager Maurizio Sarri is yet to make any complaints of his strikers, instead he has stood by them and acknowledged their little impact on the team.

However, there are indications that Chelsea star Willian is unhappy with the lack of spark in the attack and might be indirectly telling the Italian boss to move for Everton striker Richarlison.

This is as the Brazilian expressed his admiration for the striker, rating him as the greatest surprise in the Premier League this season with his quality.

Richarlison has scored a total of 6 goals for Everton this season having arrived from Watford in July and that has earned him a call to the Brazilian national team where he scored twice and was quite impressive.

There is no doubt that the Blues Italian manager will have his attention drawn to the Everton player and might be tempted to move in for him anytime in the future.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Liverpool goalkeeper shocks everyone, says he is leaving

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Adam Bogdan

In what happens to be a shock to everyone, Liverpool goalkeeper Adam Bogdan has hinted on leaving the Anfield when his current contract expires at the end of the season.

Adam Bogdan came to  Anfield in 2015 as a free agent under former manager Brendan Rogers who claimed he wanted an experienced backup goalkeeper.

However, the Rogers’ intention did not work out as the 31-year-old goalkeeper failed to impress which forced him out of the club on series of loan spells.

The Hungary international will not be forgotten for his awful performance against Watford at Vicarage Road in 2015 as it can be ranked as the worst displays by a Liverpool goalkeeper in the recent time having conceded a goal from a corner.

Manager Jurgen Klopp did not waste any time to have the player leave the club on loan but there could be a final separation as he is reported to be tired of being a Liverpool player but always on loan.

Adam Bogdan noted that he sees himself as a Hibs player; hence he will leave once his contract expires at the club knowing that he can no longer convince the manager for a role in the team.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Liverpool set to dump Dembele for former Barcelona attacker

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Ousmane Dembele

With latest reports that Liverpool will no longer have the opportunity of signing Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele, the Reds have decided to shift attention to another player formerly playing at the Camp Nou.

Dembele was highly speculated to be on the move to the Anfield until the club and his agent squashed the report stating that the player is happy with the Spanish giants and will not be seeking a move elsewhere.

However, former Barcelona attacker Dani Olmo has been named as the new player the Reds will now move for in the coming winter transfer window.

Dani Olmo is also on the radar of German Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund having played with the Barcelona’s La Masia academy for seven years before having a move away from Spain to Croatia where he joined Zagreb.

The move to Zagreb has eventually helped Dani Olmo to develop as he was given the opportunity to start most of the games as a 20-year-old player. It seems it is now time for him to move away from Croatia with Liverpool keen on him.

Dani Olmo scored 9 goals with 6 assists last season to help his side win the Croatian league title and his agent Juanma Lopez already hinted that the young lad has interest from Europe already.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea midfielder has finally made decision on future

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

danny drinkwater

With several reports linking Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater away from the Stamford Bridge, he has now come out to make a decision to remain at the club and not move elsewhere.

Danny Drinkwater was part of the Blues team before he lost out of the starting XI and has only been limited to few minutes from the bench since manager Maurizio Sarri joined Chelsea from Italian side Napoli in the summer.

The lack of playing time for the 28-year-old midfielder drew speculations of his switch away from the club with as it was reported that he was unhappy playing few minutes.

Despite all of these, The Telegraph reports that the former Leicester City will not be seeking a move away amidst interest from his former club and West Ham United, adding that he will only wait until next season before considering a move away.

Danny Drinkwater was part of the Leicester City team that won the English Premier League in the 2015/2016 season before moving to the Stamford Bridge alongside N’Golo Kante but he has failed to justify the £35 million invested on him and the £100,000 per week wages he earns.

Howbeit, Chelsea will soon make a decision to let Danny Drinkwater leave if he fails to break into the team anytime soon.

Loading...
Continue Reading

EPL

Liverpool To Offload Two Defenders To Fund Transfer

Published

on

By

liverpool

Premier League giants Liverpool are keen on the sale of two defenders on the fringes of the first team in a bid to free up funds for their main target in the January transfer window.

The Reds have been linked with highly rated Ajax Amsterdam defender Matthijs De Ligt ahead of the reopening of the transfer market and Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk has boosted those reports with the glowing recommendation that he gave on the 19-year-old in his last interview while he was on international duty with the Netherlands.

Van Dijk and De Ligt are already teammates for the Netherlands and it could graduate to being teammates for both club and country.

For this to be a reality, it would take at least a bid of around £40m for the Reds to prise him away from the Amsterdam Arena.

Liverpool will have to fend off the interests of the likes of Manchester City and Barcelona in the player.

With the club keen on a move, the Reds could offload both Joel Matip and Alberto Moreno.

Cameroonian international Matip is the fourth-choice centre back at Anfield and has been strongly linked with a move to Fulham, while Moreno is attracting the interest of Barcelona with six months left on his Liverpool contract.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Liverpool bows to Chelsea over highly rated star player

Published

on

By

Ousmane Dembele

2012 Champions League winners Chelsea have been handed a big boost in their bid to sign highly-rated Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele following the news that Premier League title rivals Liverpool have pulled out of the race to sign the 21-year-old when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

Several media reports claimed that Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is happy with his attacking options at the moment and that he won’t be signing the hugely talented player.

Liverpool have the quartet of Sadio Mane, Daniel Sturridge, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino in attack as well as the forgotten Reds duo of Divock Origi and Dominic Solanke.

The Merseyside club also added Swiss international star Xerdan Shaqiri to their attacking ranks in the summer.

The former Bayern Munich and Inter Milan player signed for Liverpool during the summer’s transfer window after the Reds paid the £13m release clause in his contract at Stoke City who were relegated at the end of the last Premier League campaign.

The World Cup winner has been linked with a move to the English top flight ahead of the next transfer window scheduled to start as from the 1st of January.

The Frenchman has been underwhelming for Barcelona since he signed for the Nou Camp giants last summer for an initial fee of around €105m plus add-ons of €35m.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea star set to return back to Stamford Bridge

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Michy Batshuayi

Chelsea forward Michy Batshuayi who is currently on loan with Spanish side Valencia could be on his way back to the Stamford Bridge if calls made by fans are anything to go by.

The 25-year-old was brilliant with his national team on Thursday night where he scored a brace to hand his Belgium side a 2-0 win over Iceland in the international friendly.

Since joining the West London club in 2016, the Belgium international has been inconsistent in his performance and that has been an excuse to the club managers for keeping him on the bench without enough starting role.

He was out of favour in the former manager Antonio Conte’s team where he mostly came in from the bench but little did we know that the Italian boss was not wrong with the coming of manager Maurizio Sarri who also did not make use of the Belgium man.

Michy Batshuayi was eventually sent out on his second loan spell to Valencia and it is obvious he is still not living to expectations as he has got just two goals to his name, each in the Premier and the Champions League since joining in the summer.

However, his performance on Thursday night have seen the Blues fans hailing the player with the hope of having him return back from his loan spell.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

No reason why I will not play in the EPL, Chelsea target says

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Christian Pulisic

Chelsea have received a huge boost in their pursuit of Bundesliga No. 22 Christian Pulisic after he made his wish to play in the English Premier League public.

The Borussia Dortmund forward has been on the radar of the West London club as well as Liverpool but it seems the Blues are now in a better position to sign the player this time around.

With the 20-year-old being in the final 19 months of his current contract with the Bundesliga giants, suggestions are that this is the best time for Chelsea to have the player join the Stamford Bridge.

Although, Christian Pulisic says he is not in a hurry for a move but he clearly affirmed that the Premier League is a place where lots of young lads dream to play, stressing that he sees no reason why he will also not be listed as one of those that will play there.

The 20-year-old admits that he is currently having it good at Borussia Dortmund and he wishes to enjoy it while it last before considering a move away.

However, the West London club will have to wait for the United States international until he is ready for a move as he has already made it known that he is not leaving Germany at the moment.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Chelsea keep mute on star player allegations

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Andreas Christensen

English Premier League giants Chelsea have refused to give a reaction on the reports that they made illegal money transactions to secure the transfer of Andreas Christensen.

The transfer saga linked to Chelsea’s defender has been a major issue in the media within the past few days which alleged that Andreas Christensen’s father Sten Christensen joined Chelsea as a talent scout on July 1 2012.

It was observed that July 1st 2012 was the same day his son Andreas Christensen joined the Stamford Bridge following his 16-year-old birthday which creates suspicion on how the deal was run.

In what seems to be an abnormality, it was alleged in a report by Politiken that Sten Christensen secretly received well over £600,000 over four years from Chelsea without conducting any scouting for the club.

Although Andreas Christensen is yet to make his Premier League debut appearance for Chelsea, the Blues are facing a threat of being banned from having signings until further notice.

In a bid to have Chelsea react through a spokesman, he declined by stating that he will not give any comment on speculations regarding player’s contract which to him, remains confidential.

However, there are expectations that Andreas Christensen will leave the West London club should he fail to have starting roles or regular playing time at the club.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Chelsea

Maurizio Sarri to table £60m for 6f tall right back

Timothy Aiyeku

Published

on

Elseid Hysaj

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is reportedly keen on tempting Elseid Hysaj from his former club to the Stamford Bridge in the winter transfer window opening in coming months.

The Italian boss is a big fan of the right-back and is keen to have him join the Blues knowing that they have worked together in the past and the fact that Elseid Hysaj already knows his demands and tactics.

Sarri had made efforts to move along with Elseid Hysaj in the summer window when he also dumped the Italian side for England but a deal did not fall through and he is keen to try his luck again.

Elseid Hysaj’s agent Mario Giuffredi had once reacted to the speculations linking his player to the West London club in the summer by being open to a possible move.

Mario Giuffredi stated that Hysaj remains a great and experienced player who can fit well into the rigours of the English Premier League with his physicality.

According to him, Chelsea might not find it easy getting the service of his client because they might have to pay within the sum of £60 million to be able to have his signature.

However, Chelsea can have a good bargain to get the price lowered down knowing that Kevin Malcuit has overtaken Hysaj as Napoli’s right full-back.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Feature On

Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending