Marco Asensio has emerged as a shock target for Manchester United according to Spanish news outlet Don Balon.
This comes after reports that United manager Jose Mourinho has cooled off interest in Asensio’s Real Madrid teammate Gareth Bale.
The Spanish U-21 international, broke into the Madrid team last season and has been a revelation ever since. He has however struggled for game time so far this season, with manager Zinedine Zidane favouring his more established teammates.
Man United are known to be in search of a new playmaker having been linked former Madrid player Mesut Ozil and also Antoine Griezman of Atletico Madrid.
Mourinho sees the Spaniard has exactly the kind of player to offer the much needed flair to his United attack and is willing to guarantee Asensio playing time as well as a leading role at the club.
Asensio possesses great pace, awareness and understanding of attacking transitions. He is a left-footer who plays mostly on the wing but is versatile enough to play various attacking positions as he has shown on many occasions at the Bernabeu. He is also blessed with good dribbling, crossing and shooting abilities.
Despite his lack of game time this season, Asensio has scored 7 goals so far this season which goes a long way in underlining his obvious talent.
Man City Lodge Referee Complaints After Liverpool Clash
Premier League champions Manchester City have lodged a complaint on centre referee Michael Oliver for his performance during the game against Liverpool at the weekend.
According to the Daily Mirror, Manchester City have lodged a complaint with the Premier League over the performance of Michael Oliver during the Liverpool game at Anfield on Sunday evening.
Manchester City were aggrieved about two penalty calls during the game and that prompted them to lodge the said complaint 24 hours after the game.
The Premier League champions felt they should have had a penalty for the handball against Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold before the Reds went to the other end to take the lead through Brazilian international midfielder Fabinho.
- Carabao Cup: What Solskjaer Said About His Players After Rochdale Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Arsenal And Chelsea Monitoring Developments As Mourinho Vents Fury Over Lame Reason For Absence(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Juventus Deployed New Transfer Tactics To Overcome Man United Challenge In Race For Erling Haaland
The second penalty appeal also happened against the aforementioned Trent Alexander-Arnold in the second half of the Liverpool game.
Fabinho scored the first goal of the game as early as the seventh minute before Mohamed Salah added a second goal six minutes later.
Liverpool added a third goal in the second half through the in-form Sadio Mane who has now scored seven league goals.
Manchester City pulled one back in the last 12 minutes through Bernardo Silva but it turned out to be a mere consolation for the English champions.
Ex-Arsenal Manager Bags New Job Amidst Bayern Links
Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been appointed into his first job since leaving the Gunners last summer.
The Frenchman has been appointed the chief of global football development at FIFA and he will be in charge of football development on the world stage.
Wenger will oversee football development in both men’s and women’s games worldwide including coaching programmes, training programmes and coach education programmes.
The former Arsenal manager has been linked with the vacant Bayern Munich job but the latest development puts an end to those rumours.
His appointment at FIFA was confirmed by the football body on Wednesday.
- Why Barcelona Sold Deco To Chelsea Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Done Deal!!! Chelsea star agrees major deal(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Liverpool Defender To Stay Beyond January Window After Win
Arsene Wenger is not the only manager associated with the vacant Bayern Munich job.
The likes of Ex-Chelsea and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino, Paris Saint Germain (PSG) boss Thomas Tuchel, Ex-Juventus manager Maximiliano Allegri and former Schalke 04 boss Ralf Rangnick.
Bayern Munich are on the search for a new permanent manager following the exit of Niko Kovac who was sacked last week shortly after the heavy defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt in the league.
10-man Bayern were thrashed 5-1 by last season’s Europa League semi-finalists but the Bavarian giants have since responded with two straight wins in all competitions.
Europa League: Eintracht Frankfurt Skipper To Miss Arsenal Game
Eintracht Frankfurt captain David Abraham will miss the Europa League title with Premier League giants Arsenal later this month after he was given a lengthy ban.
David Abraham has been suspended for seven weeks after his push on Freiburg manager Christian Streich during their German Bundesliga clash at the weekend.
The Eintracht Frankfurt Skipper shoved Freiburg manager Streich as he attempted to retrieve a ball for a throw-in with his team trailing hosts Freiburg 1-0 in added time.
The incident led to a massive brawl between the two sets of players and David Abraham was thereafter sent off.
- Why This Fit-again Defender Won’t Feature For United In An Important Europa League Clash On Thursday(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Why De Gea Could Lose His First-choice Position Sooner Than Expected(Opens in a new browser tab)
- De Gea Lucky To Get New Man Utd Deal
Apart from the seven-week ban given to him, the Eintracht Frankfurt captain was also fined to the tune of €25,000 (£21,410).
David Abraham will now miss the remaining German Bundesliga games this year as well as the last two group games in Group F of the Europa League.
David Abraham will miss the Europa League trip to the Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal on November 28 in what’s a Matchday Five clash before sitting out the Matchday Six game at home to Vitoria Guimares FC of Portugal.
Eintracht Frankfurt are in second place with six points and four points off leaders Arsenal ahead of their game.
Man City Midfielder To Miss Chelsea Game For This Reason
Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva has been given a one-match ban for his racist tweet towards pal and teammate Benjamin Mendy.
His punishment was lenient as the Portuguese international was not aware of the racist implication in that tweet in addition to his impeccable past records.
Bernardo Silva could have been banned for at least six matches by the English FA.
In addition, the Portuguese midfielder was also fined to the tune of £64,000.
Bernardo Silva will now miss the upcoming Premier League clash with Chelsea in eight days’ time at the Etihad Stadium as a result of the FA verdict.
- The Person That Prevented Jurgen Klopp From Accepting Man United Offer Revealed(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Award-winning Defender Praises This Manager(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Good News For Solskjaer As Top Suitor Pulled Out Of Matic’s Race
The former AS Monaco player was on target for Manchester City at the weekend during the league trip to Anfield to face Premier League leaders Liverpool.
He scored the consolation goal for Manchester City as they were beaten 3-1 by hosts Liverpool in controversial manner through goals from Fabinho, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.
The win ensured that Bernardo Silva and Manchester City are now nine points adrift of leaders Liverpool After just 12 games in the league.
Manchester City have also dropped from second to fourth place as a result of the defeat at Liverpool having been usurped by Leicester City and Chelsea in second and third spot respectively.
How Barcelona Plan To Sign Another Chelsea Star Revealed
Five-time European champions Barcelona are said to be interested in signing Chelsea winger Willian ahead of the transfer market next summer.
According to Mundo Deportivo, the Catalan giants are eyeing a free transfer for Willian whose Chelsea contract ends next summer.
His contract ends at Chelsea when the current season draws to a close and Barcelona want to swoop for him on a free transfer afterward.
Barcelona had previously tried to sign the Brazilian international especially earlier in the winter transfer window in January this year.
The Spanish champions and rivals Atletico Madrid were keen on signing Willian in January but Chelsea were adamant that he’s not for sale.
- EPL: Man Utd vs Chelsea: Lampard Names Squad For Premier League Bow(Opens in a new browser tab)
- EPL: Chelsea Quintet Out Of Burnley Clash(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Frank Lampard Drops Carlo Cudicini From Backroom Staff
Paris Saint Germain (PSG) were also interested in the Brazilian international in the summer but he opted to spend the season as part of the revolution at Chelsea.
Willian had a very good season as he was part of the Brazilian squad that won the 2019 COPA America tournament on home soil in the summer.
His summer went from good to better after new Chelsea manager Frank Lampard handed him the jersey number 10 on the back of Eden Hazard’s move to Real Madrid.
Willian has been able to repay the faith in him by former Blues teammate and new Chelsea manager Frank Lampard.
Premier League Goal Rightfully Awarded To Man Utd Midfielder
Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has been rightfully given the second goal scored during the Premier League clash at home with Brighton and Hove Albion at the weekend.
The Red Devils made it five wins from six games in all competitions with a comfortable 3-1 victory at home to the Seagulls and the second Manchester United striker in the game was initially awarded as an own goal to Dutch international Davy Propper.
The Premier League goal panel has now given the goal to Scott McTominay who was initially adjudged to have forced the second goal off Davy Propper.
- Man Utd Players Slammed For This Reason(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Man Utd Readying £30m Bid For Sean Longstaff(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Paul Pogba To Submit Transfer Request
His strike added to the opening goal from Andreas Pereira as Manchester United recorded a 2-0 advantage at the halftime interval.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his players suffered a slight scare in the second half when Brighton skipper Lewis Dunk pulled one back only for the hosts to go and regain their two-goal lead at the other end
Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay now has three goals and two assists in the league as a result of the new adjustment.
The Red Devils have won two of their last three games in the Premier League and that has propelled them to seventh spot on the league table.
Breaking! Why RB Leipzig Won’t Convince Timo Werner To Ignore Man United Bid
Manchester United speculated move for RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner has received a huge boost as Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann claimed he won’t stop the striker from leaving.
The RB Leipzig manager promised not to block Man United move for his most in-form player in January despite his desire to have the 23-year-old striker around beyond this season.
Nagelsmann tilde reporters that he will support the player’s decisions about his future even if it means losing him United or Liverpool.
According to the manager, he will advise the German star to consider his playing time and overall development while making a final decision as regards to his future.
- Euro 2020 Qualifiers: Man Utd Player Ruled Out With Injury
- Solskjaer Future At Manchester United Decided – Report
- Report: Arsene Wenger Favourites For Bayern Munich Job
Having spent three-and-a-half years at Leipzig, Werner’s immediate future has been one of the most trending topics among transfer pundits as Man United and Liverpool are very much keen on his signature.
The German has scored 76 goals in 130 matches for Leipzig, and the impressive goalscoring record has caught the attention of the two Premier League giants.
Despite Nagelsmann’s promise to let go of the player, RB Leipzig board members are unwilling to release the 23-year-old this summer because he recently extended his deal with them.
Man United manager Solskjaer will definitely be happy with Nagelsmann’s comments but he still faces stiff challenges from Liverpool and Leipzig’s hierarchy.
Ex-United Target Told Club To Wait For More Than A Year For His Services
Onetime Manchester United’s prime transfer target Danny Rose has told the Red Devils and potential suitors to wait until 2021 before vying for his services as he is currently unavailable for sale.
The England international full-back was heavily linked to Manchester United during José Mourinho’s reign due to the Portuguese’s lack of trust in Luke Shaw’s abilities.
Despite Mourinho’s unrelenting efforts to have the player at Old Trafford, Tottenham successfully stayed glue to Rose’s services.
Though the Red Devils have since moved on from the player’s services, some transfer podcasts still believe that Solskjaer will be happy to have the England international at Old Trafford.
- Liverpool Set Sights On Big Money Swoop For Englishman(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Mourinho To Spend Huge, Strikes £80m Summer Deal For Carricks Replacement(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Star Player Still Eyeing Barcelona Return Ahead Of Man United
However, Rose has responded to rumors linking him out of Tottenham in the next summer window as he said that he is happy under Mauricio Pochettino’s guide.
According to the player while speaking with The Evening Standard, he isn’t interested in changing clubs before the end of his contract with Tottenham which will run until 2021.
Watford is equally said to be looking at the possibility of signing the 29-year-old in the summer, but the Hornets will now have to end the chase over his services until after 18 months.
Rose hasn’t been a stable figure in Pochettino’s starting lineup so far this season, no thanks to form and fitness concerns.