Connect with us

EPL

Manchester United Run of Televised FA Cup Matches Comes to an End

Avatar

Published

on

manchester united

If you know how the odds work, you’ll know that Manchester United typically draw top billing when it comes to television. The Red Devils are the most successful club in England, and television networks know that it’s a side that will always get high ratings. However, a lengthy United streak is set to come to an end.

Manchester United’s run of 58 consecutive televised FA Cup fixtures will end next month when the Red Devils take on Derby County in the third round of the competition. The streak began back in 2005 when United took on Exeter in a third round replay. The Football Association said earlier this week that the match between Crystal Palace and Brighton & Hove Albion will be televised instead.

Broadcasters at BBC and BT Sport took criticism last year when the networks opted to air United’s third round clash with lowly Reading. This time around, the networks have decided to broadcast seven other matches, including an FA Cup version of the Merseyside Derby between Liverpool and Everton on January 5.

Loading...

Other matches set to be televised are Arsenal vs. Nottingham Forest, Norwich vs. Chelsea, Fleetwood Town/Hereford vs. Leicester City and Shrewsbury vs. West Ham. Each club selected to be televised will receive £144,000 from the FA’s broadcast fund.

The aforementioned Palace-Brighton match will also be the first match to use video assistant referee (VAR) technology. The FA announced plans to introduce the VAR system to competitive matches this season, and this match marks the beginning of a trial run for the system.

The technology debuted last month at Wembley Stadium when England took on Germany and Brazil in a pair of international friendlies. The VAR system trial will continue to be used at select matches throughout the duration of this season’s FA Cup.

The FA’s director of progressional game relations, Andy Adler, said, “The FA has always been open to trialling new innovations and was heavily involved in the advancement of goal-line technology before it was introduced. The Trialling of the VAR system in this season’s Emirates FA Cup from the third round is a continuation of that and further demonstrates that whilst being the most famous and historic domestic cup competition in the world it is also modern, progressive and innovative.”

I am a freelance writer and a software engineer with years of experience including many in-person and online contracts. I write quality, clear and eloquent articles, blog posts and other contents for websites.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

EPL

Man United’s Hope Of Signing 20-goal Midfielder Rest On Joachim Low’s Advice

Avatar

Published

on

Kai Havertz

Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Liverpool’s hope of signing 20-year-old midfielder Kai Havertz is now tied to the advice the youngster receives from Germany head coach Joachim Low.

The Germany international, who scored 20 goals for Bayer Leverkusen last season, has been linked with a move to the three European giants but he said he will seek for advice from his national team manager.

According to Havertz, he will speak to the 2014 World Cup winning manager during the ongoing international break concerning the incoming offers from United and Liverpool.

Loading...

“I listen to many people but in the end it will be my decision. I will embrace any advice Low will give me because he has a lot experience – it wouldn’t be smart to not listen to him,” he said.

United are desperately in need of a regular goalscorer as Rashford and Anthony Martial are far from convincing, no thanks to the latter’s injury problems.

As for Liverpool, the Reds are in fine form having extended their winning streak to eight games against the Foxes before the break.

However, Klopp believes there is a need to add a midfielder to his team as Fabinho hasn’t lived up to his billing just yet.

Continue Reading

EPL

Man Utd Plotting Big Money Move For Prolific Midfield Maestro

Segun Amuda

Published

on

Premier League giants Manchester United are almost certain to boost their squad when the transfer window reopens in two months time.

The Red Devils are in need of reinforcements especially in defense and midfield and West Ham United star Declan Rice could be one of the players signed in January.

According to the Daily Mirror, Manchester United want to sign Declan Rice and they might need to pay as much as 70 million pounds for him.

Loading...

Declan Rice has already said that his future lies with West Ham United as he has a contract that does not expire until the summer of 2024 but his stance could change in no time.

Manchester United were one of several clubs interested in signing him during this summer’s transfer window but the England international player stayed with the Hammers for the start of the season.

Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini have not been adequately replaced since the midfielders left Manchester United earlier this year and the signing of Declan Rice would go a long way to rectify that problem.

Fellaini left Manchester United to join Chinese Super League (CSL) outfit Shandong Luneng during the winter transfer window in January, while Ander Herrera signed for PSG on a free transfer.

 

Continue Reading

Ajax Amsterdam

Solskjaer Not Convinced This £100m-rated Star Will Solve Man United’s Creativity Problems

Avatar

Published

on

Donny Van Der Beek

Manchester United manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer, who could be shown the exit door due to poor results, is far from convinced with what he has seen from Ajax youngster Donny Van de Beek so far this season.

The Dutchman was linked with a switch to the Old Trafford outfit in the summer but the Norwegian tactician turned down the chance to capture his services.

According to British media The Mirror, Solskjaer was pleased with the fact that Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay were available ahead of the season, hence, he kicked against splashing £35m on the midfielder.

Loading...

Unfortunately, the decision seemed to have backfired judging by the team’s lack of creativity in the middle of the pitch.

Despite the current uninspiring form at Old Trafford, reports claimed that Solskjaer isn’t ready to change his mind and he won’t be competing with Real Madrid for the Ajax youngster when the winter transaction period commences in January.

Real Madrid are now tipped as the possible destination for the Dutchman who helped Ajax to a semifinal spot in last season’s Champions League competition.

The Los Blancos are told to offer an increased price of £100m by the Eredivisie side if they must lure the young midfielder to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.

Continue Reading

Feature On

Arsenal News Chelsea News Liverpool News Manchester United News Spurs News Manchester City News West Ham News Everton News Rangers FC News

Trending